Reviews for Richard's Thoughts
McPhantom chapter 1 . 8/11/2006
love it. it really bugs me when the grandparents favor rory, and this is the exact opposite.] keep up the great work ;]
ainie chapter 1 . 6/13/2006
That was really beautiful...kinda sad but really well written.
Kerjen chapter 1 . 2/16/2006
Wonderful. I read your "Second Chances" and decided to check out your other work. I absolutely love how you write these characters. You write them the way they are on the show: no one person to blame for conflicts that come up. Like all families, each person has a hand in it. And each loves the other.

Pieces like these show it: sometimes, I close my eyes and make believe she is her mother? Does she know that sometimes I have used her as a replacement for my little girl?

How much Richard misses Lorelai to this day, misses the past that could have been. This bittersweet loss is balanced by your showing he realizes HIS hand in it, just as he recognizes Lorelai: All she had wanted was a father who would do things with her, play with her, teach her things.

And this about Emily: and she retaliates. She always does when she is scared, that's the way she is wired.

Beautiful insight! Showing the full depth of the character; not a 2 dimensional stereotype - nagging, cold mother - but a woman with all these levels.

Can't wait to read your other stories!
B. Alex Burke chapter 1 . 2/11/2006
ROCK ON! ROCK ON, MY DEAR FRIEND!
me chapter 1 . 9/1/2005
I LOVE how you mirror the words Lorelai said in Luke's truck about "what a disappointment it must have been to get me". that was spectacular.
lilienprinzessin chapter 1 . 4/30/2005
I'm so glad you're back :) I love your writing and a story from Richards point of view is a great idea (especially the ep you've chosen). Though I would have loved to know more about the scene when Richard and Emily are alone in the room - somehow this is in my mind now. I hope you continue writing.
Helen chapter 1 . 4/28/2005
I love this story! It really has everything i would imagine Richard thinking in this episode! Well written, continue!
llanoestacado chapter 1 . 4/28/2005
That is fantastic, Alise. I do love Ridhard's character, and I think sometimes they could give us so much more. Thanks for the glimpse inside.
ProFfeSseR chapter 1 . 4/28/2005
Very well written, amazing job!
Sarai chapter 1 . 4/27/2005
I liked it! Nice story.
Wizard489 chapter 1 . 4/27/2005
It's so refreshing to see a fic from an unusual point of view! I'm so glad you didn't make Richard the villain, as many would be apt to do. Good writing- I hope you continue with this nice story.