Reviews for The Way We Were
Pippin-The-Hobbit chapter 9 . 10/25/2009
Dammit girl you just made me almost cry! And I'm telling you that is hard to do - but I'm a sucker for hope even tentative. I adored Fritz and David because they made Monty Python look sane and frankly the very idea of their touched-upon pranks had me rolling around with laughter. All in all it was a bloody good show chap!
Copper Kestrel chapter 9 . 7/21/2008
Oh. Wow. *deep breath* Wow. I can say very, very honestly, that this is one of the best stories I have ever read. Your characterisation is wonderful (who /can't/ love the Gruesome Twosome! And you Trip and Malcolm are beautiful,) and your scene building amazing (both the emotional, deep thought ones - that one at the end practically had me crying - your more amusing ones - my reaction to the grocery store one has confirmed my family's belief I'm insane - and the ones that mix the two and add action in - is it even possible that your story had me both howling with laughter and bawling in the space of about two sentences?). I love this story, it's emotionall hard hitting, a riveting read, and just... wow. So much so, in fact, that I'm writing a review for it when I suspect you've left . Oh well, if you ever return, you have one ardent admirer here.
STReader chapter 9 . 7/16/2008
Coming to the party late - but this was really good. Lucky me that I didn't have to wait for the ending. Looking forward to reading all of your other stories! Have fun in college!
Jazzy chapter 9 . 7/17/2006
I just love this story. No Matter what chapter I read I get tears, tears, leaking from my eyes. This is one of the most moving friendship pieces I have ever read. I love this story, I can't say that enough. I love it.
Exploded Pen chapter 9 . 6/23/2006
Hey!

That was brilliant, truly honestly brilliant. I loved this story and Fritz and David are the greatest characters! The insanity of those two seemed absolutely perfect :D

Thank you for sharing this fab story :D

~*~Exploded Pen~*~
Salhawke chapter 9 . 6/22/2006
Just wanted to say thanks for this - I'm a sucker for anything which showcases Tucker and Reed's friendship and this was excellent - especially that ending - poignant and hopeful. And the description of Archer's eyes, too. Your OCs were well drawn and felt so real - as well as being vastly entertaining. Looking forward to the next thing you write!
liz chapter 9 . 6/22/2006
Wow! I don't know whether to be happy to see a new chapter or sad to see that it's the last one!

Chapter 9 was great as always! I really liked the transcript, memo and report at the beginning- very funny and very in character! Plus it's always cool to see other forms of writing besides the standard narrative type. The grocery store scene was great (is there a backstory for the liquor store incident?)! You ended the story really nicely- tying up loose ends but not having a miraculous, fake, all is perfect and solved ending. Thanks for that- it makes the story realistic (and leaves room for a possible sequel!). It was nice to see Trip dealing with his issues as well as the return of the Dream and the imagery of Jon's eyes- it tied things up and showed how they were changing. Plus I really liked Trip's musings on being the good guys at the end- it was very nice!

Anyways, thank you so much for writing this story. I honestly think it is my favorite fanfic! The humour, the angst, the characters, all were great. I would love to read that sequel you mentioned and I totally encourage you to write a Hoshi/Noah fic- I'm sure it will be great! Thanks again!
Tata chapter 9 . 6/21/2006
Oh, this story stirred emotions. Am I ever happy you finished it! I laughed out loud and had tears in my eyes, and if that's not the mark of a good author I don't know what is.

What I really meant by asking you to let Mal be fine, was fine mentally, and reconciled with Trip; so I got my wish granted, it seems. A wonderful ending, which screams for a sequel...

The way you mix humour and drama is just brilliant. Such talent. Please give us more Ent stories, I'll be on the lookout.
RoaringMice chapter 9 . 6/20/2006
I actually put off reading this chapter, because I was sad to see this story end. I like that all is not resolved at the end, but that the ending gives us a sense of "progress" and healing. I'm glad that you didn't end this in a pat manner, healing Malcolm, for example. Instead, your ending is much more realistic.

I'm glad that you came back and finished this story.
thundever1 chapter 9 . 6/19/2006
great chap, great story
liz chapter 8 . 6/11/2006
Wow! Totally worth the wait! Thank you so much for the chapter!

I'm very impressed that you have so much background on your characters- Marlene was a great call sign before and it's even funner now that there's a reason for it!

I love Noah- in fact I love all your original characters which is quite the feat I must say. Trip's conversation with him in the messhall was great- sweet and hopeful and funny (the ovaries line rocked!). I think my favorite line in the story was his: “Any cup that’s empty,” he says, “is just waiting to be filled.” Fritz and Dave were brilliant as usual (“Maybe you can talk Nia into tying you down,” *giggles*). I especially liked the part where they were sitting with Ethan discussing crayons. And the end with Madeline, the kiss and then her seeing Malcolm? *sigh* Great.

One of the other reviewers mentioned a Firefly-like atmosphere in the story and I can totally see it too- the humour and the community despite (or because of) the crappy stuff they go through. It's a great blend which makes this story so very enjoyable.

I can't wait to see how it ends. Are we going to see Malcolm's reaction when he finds out about Trip and his sister?

Once more, thanks for the update- it totally rocked!
Tata chapter 8 . 6/11/2006
It's here! A new chapter!

Loved the way you had Trip run the ship, going back to Earth. I can well imagine that's the sort of Captain he would be. And the conversations with Malcolm were fantastic. Oh, and the scene with Madeline, wow, wonderful stuff.

Good to know before June is over we'll see the end of this great story - *big grin*. Mal *is* going to be fine, isn't he...? Please, please, pretty please? He has to be, so you can write a sequel...

Congrats on your diploma!
RoaringMice chapter 8 . 6/9/2006
I'm so glad that you're continuing this story. Despite the hiatus, I still remember the rest - it's stuck in my mind. It's a great story, fabulous action and characters, and very well written.

I like how you write Trip's inner voice. It really works.

Am I sensing a bit of a "Firefly" influence in the feel of the relationships between the characters? If that wasn't intentional, or even if it was, please take it as a compliment. It means that I find the relationships and characters realistic. And that even in dark times, they still work together as a community, and there's still humour.

It still bugs the heck out of me that you write Trip's "you" as "yew". That throws me out of the flow each time I read it. I simply don't hear that when I listen to the actor playing this character, but that's me.
thundever1 chapter 8 . 6/9/2006
Great chap, please let Malcolm be completly alright, great interaction between all characters and please update soon
KaleidescopeCat chapter 8 . 6/8/2006
Wow... I had forgotten about this story! I'm glad to see a nice long update, though! I love, love, love the scene with Madeleine. Amazing. Congratulations on your graduation!