Reviews for Moments
gin chapter 1 . 2/9
lack of good reading has me going over fics i've read before, i really like this one and being a bit senile makes it as if i had not read it in a while. ;p

i also had to log out to tell you about the latest live action rurouni kenshin movie sequels to be released in japan this coming summer and fall... \o/

just copy/past the following code into youtube search to see the sequel's sneak preview:

a7HrF77Ewkg

if you're quick you can see aoshi and chou.

enjoy!
gin
Guest chapter 1 . 10/23/2012
i like the insight into kenshin as he embarks on the final leg of his search, insightful and profound. very nice.

while searching through the dusty ffn archives i came across this little gem... but then it spit it back at me because it tells me that i had already reviewed but that's not going to stop me.

just in case you hadn't heard about the 'rurouni kenshin' live action movie that's been released in japan and they're planning on releasing it in over sixty countries! or the new manga rewrite it's called 'kinema ban' or the animated rewrite of the kyoto arc called 'shin kyoto hen' (all different stories, kenshin is depicted as less silly and a bit more serious).

if you plug in the following code in the youtube search engine you can see a few of the trailers for the live action movie:

yaLOPVAuJs4

enjoy! -there are english subs on youtube for the trailers if you look for them it's just that that was the only one with all seven character portrayals in one video.

delighted,
ginny
kokoronagomu. deviantart. com
ټ
kokoronagomu chapter 1 . 3/2/2011
the old man sounds like someone who 'knows'. i guess he'd be a bit travel weary and worn down after ten years on the road -i can see how kaoru's offer would be a welcome change, and then given her propensity for attracting trouble she's his perfect match since he needs to protect those around him as part of his penance... i also think that even though she knows who he really is she's not afraid to call him 'baka' and take a swing at him occasionally -a relief not to feel the fear in others' ki just because of what he used to be.

my goodness, you're a prolific writer! this gem is the reason i'm always searching through the archives.

delighted,

ginny

kokoronagomu. deviantart. com

ټ
SRAS9 chapter 1 . 1/27/2010
I like your idea! It seems to be very plausible! Great work!
skenshingumi chapter 1 . 9/20/2005
I like the idea of capturing Kenshin's thoughts right before he goes to Tokyo and changes his path forever. I don't think I have ever seen that done before. I alsp like how you describe Kenshin's weariness and worry about whether the path he has chosen is the right one. As for the old man, soemhow, I imagine him to be Oibore.
WolfDaughter chapter 1 . 5/3/2005
This is a beautifully insightful piece! I know you only wrote it as a one-shot, but I'd actually like to see more of this, and maybe more of the swordsman who suggested Tokyo to Kenshin. He's a rather intriguing character.
omasuoniwabanshi chapter 1 . 4/29/2005
You're so GOOD! Sidesplitting humorous Yu Yu Hakusho stories and now delicate, thoughtful one-shots? I'm in awe of your versatility. I really liked this one. The old swordsman was a neat touch - the way you described him made it sound like he was at peace with himself and his past, and was kindly trying to help Kenshin - who never seems to reach contentment. Great work from a great writer!
moeru himura chapter 1 . 4/29/2005
This little one-shot is very nice. It's insightful. But it would be much nicer if it weren't a one-shot. Great job!:p
sueb262 chapter 1 . 4/29/2005
I really liked your take on this. I liked the idea of "hiding in plain sight" (in fact, I just wrote this into the last chapter of a story I'm writing).

And I found your idea of his becoming weary, of wanting to do more, spot on.

Good work!
gabyhyatt chapter 1 . 4/29/2005
great fic
Lady Kagewaki chapter 1 . 4/29/2005
BRAVO! You did a fine job! I think mixing the Japanese and English mixes up the reader. Even if you have knowledge of both languages you have to do a cognitive leap back and forth and distracts you from the story. I feel it should be all or none. Great job!
lolo popoki chapter 1 . 4/29/2005
Nicely done! Well written and very plausible; I could see how this might have actually happened... Good job!