Reviews for Of the Waters
nerdydarkcupcake chapter 1 . 8/27/2011
hi :)
Stephanie chapter 1 . 8/20/2005
Hi Neige! What a wonderful little story! It gives a nice view of the twins and their coming fate. I like those hints concerning their halfelven-status or the probable differences, the story before the story (well, who didn't read the Sil will not know) and the idea of what might come when they are grown up. Well, it rounds up a little more the picture of Elrond and Elros which I try to create in gathering stories about them. I would like to ask you if you would like me to translate your story into German and adding to my homepage (more or less dedicated to Elrond - have a look here: .de) where you can find several originals and translations. Please just let me know, email is .

Thank you so much! S.
Caethieu chapter 1 . 5/2/2005
Neige,

I really like your story. I've read stories of the same theme several times, but it has always been Gil-galad comfort Elrond about parting from Elros (and I'm guilty of writing my own (unpublished) version of that story too). Having Cirdan try to comfort Elros is a welcome change in perspective. Do you have any plans for more chapters?

Celme
Evenstar Elanor chapter 1 . 4/30/2005
Great imagery in this piece. I could see the waves; hear the gull's cry, and feel the sands.

"a nagging feeling in his mind told him that their quiet togetherness would not last forever." So true..

Very poignant tale; the first breaking of the twins. Bad word choice there. I wouldn't call it a breaking, for nothing, not even Death, could break the bond between them. The first breaking of their unity, I suppose.

Does a very good portrayal of the differences between Elrond and Elros.

Nice..
Crystal113 chapter 1 . 4/29/2005
Um, wow? Maybe I should have my parents read this fic to finally get the fact that Lunas and I don't have to spend the rest of our lives together, like they sometimes seem to want us to.

You managed to capture the problem of being a twin almost perfectly. Most people feel that we are one person, just in two different bodies. This paragraph is perfect: “'You are alike in many ways, but you are not the same person. Being apart from him, you may find more of yourself,' he said slowly. [. . .] “Distance does not temper love.'"

This is a nearly perfect fic. The one problem: spaces are missing from between words, especially in the third paragraph. Other than that, great job!