Reviews for On Suckers and Smiles
Dina C chapter 1 . 12/9/2005
I have looked forward to each installation in this series, because I love the leisurely pace that you take. I enjoy the word pictures that you paint, the poetic phrases that reflect River's world view so well. I like the way River and Jayne are in a prolonged dance - like a formal minuet or one of those old fashion danced where there is lots of eye contact, but not much touching. :) Yummy!
shoolessdwarf chapter 1 . 8/1/2005
all i can say is yay! mama bear, hee
bugchicklv chapter 1 . 5/11/2005
I AM LOVING THIS. Even though I am typically a Jaylee shipper, I am finding this AMAZINGLY well written, and you have River down *PAT*.

Can't wait to see where this is going...HURRY!

(that "hurry" was supposed to be a funny comment in re: your A/N! And its an EXTREME compliment coming from me...I do NOT eagerly await Rayne fics)
Purplerhino chapter 1 . 5/6/2005
I am also loving the character development in these stories. It flows naturally, and believably. I keep looking to see if a new one is up yet. I'll be very disapointed when the series is complete only because there will be no more new treats.

This is a series I come back and reread, enjoying each as much on the second, third and fourth readings as I did on the first.
sisterspookyleh chapter 1 . 5/4/2005
i lvoed how river and Jayne have grown over these 14 installments. you can really see the changes and how they are gradually growing closer. also loved in this installment the intense details of the candy. such a river moment!
Tan-is-a-fan chapter 1 . 5/2/2005
Hi, and thanks for another wonderful installment! I have no tips on how to improves these ficlets because they're just really great. I'm waiting eagerly for your next update. Thanks again for doing such a great job!

Cheers, Tan.

ps: I completely agree with your A/N :).
Sayra Louise chapter 1 . 5/1/2005
After your AN thought I better be good and reply.

I do like the fics. I like the slow build and the River POVs. I like how River's thoughts seem odd and a little random but not nuts, or illogical. You can see where it's coming from.

Oh and I love Jayne. That's all, just love Jayne. And River. And Rayne.

*Grin*

S.
EreshkigalGirl chapter 1 . 4/30/2005
I'm sorry for offending you with urges to write faster, they weren't meant as insults. I get incredibly excited whenever I find that you've put up another installment of this series because you're a good writer, and I like the way that you portray the charcters of Firefly. My enthusiasm sometimes gets the better of me, and I apologize. I suppose I shouldn't ge so agressive, because I know how hard it is to write and keep to a schedual.

Keep up the good work, and I look forward to an update, whenever that may be.
butterflydragon chapter 1 . 4/30/2005
Woohoo, another great installment. I always look forward to reading these-they're a little bright spot in an otherwise ordinary day.

b.d.

PS Incidentally, don't take it too much to heart when reviewers tell you to write faster-they're just ornery, impatient people living vicariously through the writing talents of others.
EvilEdna42 chapter 1 . 4/30/2005
Beautiful as always

I love your River-voice, I think you have it down perfectly. I do so love Jayne/River fics :)
barfbag chapter 1 . 4/30/2005
I love the bear analogy. It's very true, and very cute. Mama bear indeed :)