Reviews for Swandive
teacupprincess chapter 1 . 7/28/2011
That was absolutely amazing
Potterworm chapter 1 . 9/8/2010
It was a weird pairing, but you made it work. There was something about the style of the writing that just worked for this story. Just absolutely wonderful.
gschelt chapter 1 . 12/17/2009
that was.. wow, that was possibly the best degrassi fic i've ever read.

i loved it in so many ways. the use of 2nd person, for some reason it always gives a story so much motion. and the use of food-type details and metaphors everywhere, the use of flavor in this story was, well, delicious. so were all the rest of the details, really.

good job making me love this story SO much since i really don't even like ashley in the first place. you made her seem so real and so good even though you weren't making her out of character.
awriterscorned chapter 1 . 2/14/2009
I love Francisca Lia Block, she's one of my favorite authors easily, and you emulated her style quite nicely. I like.
YouHaveStolenMyHeart chapter 1 . 1/15/2009
Wow. That was beautiful. I was completely swept away with the imagery and the emotions they both felt. I'm now an officially Pashley(?) shipper. Yay! Seriously, one of the most believable femslash AU's I've ever had the delight of reading.
lupinlover chapter 1 . 2/14/2008
Hey, this was really good. But I would think Ashley's dad would be pretty cool about the whole thing considering he's gay himself?
Facemash chapter 1 . 8/23/2007
it's a mid-way review...started to read this and it's awesome, the imagery, the oh so tricky second person that totally works...but i don't have time to read it all now, wish i did...and i won't be able to review the rest since you can't review twice...but i will read the rest, and all of it over and over...it is so awesome and i'd never even heard of ashley and paige...being together i mean...i tend to read the slash that is more male oriented...but sometimes the femme slash reaches a more elevated level, a transcendence and this story did it. i love it and i'm only halfway through!
FeelFlows chapter 1 . 4/16/2007
Wow that was just...fucking amazing.
vingklippt chapter 1 . 7/9/2006
Ok, wow.. Just wow. I never thought it was possible for anyone to write a good Paige/Ashley fic, but you've just proved me wrong, this story was amazing and colourful and delicious and I could actually see it happen. You certainly have a gift, the choice of words and the images you paint with those words are incredible, there's a lot of quote-worthy lines in your story. So yeah, very good job, and if you're ever bored, write more Degrassi fics please! ;)
Marissa Jane chapter 1 . 6/20/2006
Beyond gorgeous.

Not even a fan of the pairing. Not even a real Degrassi fan. I watch it scattered, here and there. Enough to see you get these characterizations just right.

I can see the FLB references most in the food references, really, and oddly enough. She is amazing. And so are you. This reads like summer, like honey unspooling; slow and warm and seductive and so, so sweet. But not sticky enough to be sap.

Bravo, you. This was wonderful.
Pop Bang x chapter 1 . 2/12/2006
it was beautiful! im adding this story to my favorites becuase i havent read a oneshot this good ever!
ellieincarnate chapter 1 . 12/8/2005
once again..wow...just wow...i loved this...i beyopnd loved this...im not a fan of the paige/ash pairing...but you made this amazing...you made it beautiful and real and unpretentious and not overly dramatic or overly semtimental...you canveyed so much with these images that i could see it happen...it was perfect...thats all i can say...honestly, it went beyond fan fiction...it was like they were your creations...thats how well you wrote...i am in love with your stories, intoxicated by them...they are beautiful...like francesca lia block who i adore...only better, because hers kind of ramble on occasionally...and yours dont...they are like a breath of fresh air...in the middle of the night, when its cold and you cant breath because of all the woolen blankets...its amazing...and i sound like an idiot...but youre story rocked!

U MUST WRITE MORE!1
laneyseradias chapter 1 . 10/13/2005
This is gorgeous. Beautiful. I'm not a femslash fan, nor do I see Paige and Ashley together, but... wow. I loved the threads running through it - the colors, especially regarding makeup, the food (yum, the food), the afghan. I love Dylan in this, so supporting and proud and adorable. I love that while there's a break up, there's no crazy drama, like there is in every single Degrassi fic out there. I love the mental image of Paige and Ash "curl[ing] your toes together like holding hands". I love the sentence: "Even you have to admit, it's a real seltzer-lemon twist for your mystique, Ash the gorgeous brilliant tortured muse and you, bombshell cheerleader bitch queen." because it's accurate and true and I love that your Paige see that.

I'm going to go read more of your stuff. And if Francesca Lia Block is what inspired you, I might have to finally get around to reading her stuff.
grace chapter 1 . 6/28/2005
not really into femslash, but this was v. nice. the moments in here are so sweet and believable and natural. I especially LOVED the prom segment. much more genuinely romantic than the traditional scenario. wonderful imagery (all the food-y stuff, m), so teenage girl-y, and lovely dreamy atmosphere.

these things struck me as so very paige:

you name him Pooka, and tuck him into your purse with his head sticking out, so he can enjoy the sights, too. (aww)

"But that boy doesn't just have issues, he has a subscription." (hee!)

the last part? To perfect. It's...mermaid-y. there's something about it that reminds me of mermaids and their...mermaidness. yeah, okay, I shouldn't be allowed near keyboards. anyways, yes. loved it!
KT the Shimmer Skank chapter 1 . 5/1/2005
I honestly forgot what the story was about after awhile because I was just so drunk on your sensory details. I'm not overly fascinated by the Paige/Ashley pairing and I'm still not convinced, but the writing itself was genius/gorgeous. I liked that it rarely dove into the thoughts of the characters; there was only action and perhaps vague mentionings of emotions. It was total mind-candy. Right on.