Reviews for Cat and Mouse
Love chapter 108 . 11/14/2011
You, dlsky, need to start writing again. The Robin/Slade mind games are lacking in the Teen Titian fandom. I'm desperately missing your writings.

Please come back?
Dagzar chapter 108 . 10/25/2011
I never did review this last chapter, did I?

I was in a nostalgic mood today and decided to reread the whole story. It took many hours, but I must say it was well worth it. Despite all the problems I find with this story- the grammar, the spelling, the sometimes terrible sentence structure- this has always been one of my favorites. The ideas and characters are beautifully crafted; you have quite the gift for character development. Of all the Apprentice!Robin stories, yours rises above all the others. Not to mention that you didn’t hold back on the ending. The whole epilogue made me smile as it was the perfect conclusion.

It might be a waste of time to write a review for such an old story, but I just wanted to say thank you for writing Cat and Mouse.

I heartily enjoyed it.
Gabriella.Scarlet chapter 108 . 4/19/2011

Mmmm this coment is smaller than yours hundred thousand words haha.

Well...I felt all kinds of feelings

and let me tell you that: you are really patient and constant for this story, why is amazing.

sorry for not writing well in English, I learn, I promise haha
bookgirl0 chapter 39 . 11/26/2010
Personally, no matter what he chose Robin's life was going to be screwed. Might as well go out fighting
betweenlife chapter 108 . 5/15/2010
Truly an underappreciated story. This was phenomenol in every aspect. Thank you.
darkflare75 chapter 108 . 4/11/2010
I think you should go ahaid and do the second storry
Anonymous chapter 58 . 11/9/2009
Dear dlsky,

I made a promise to myself to review once I got to chapter 50,as it bugs me when the same person gives reviews chapter after chapter, when the story is already finished. You probably don't read our reviews anyway. However, I shall still give my honest review.

So far I love your story beyond belief: the plot, your writing style, the slade/robin interactions. It's all amazing.

For those people trying to bring you down about not finishing an idea or having bad grammar or whatever, just know that it's complete BS. Nobody is perfect, and if I only had a week to write a chapter I'd make tons of mistakes. Besides, I love the way your sentences seem to have that process of thought about them, because that is how people think.

The whole idea of Robin and Slade being immortal is wonderfully written. You are somehow able to convey the isolation and lonliness one might get from being immortal into words. Especially in the ch. Def and Dumb.

Slade and Robin's interactions are my favorite part of the story, of any story, and you seem to do a great job with it. I can see Slade and Robin conversing like this, especially as he (Robin) matures. I can also see Slade manipulating the titans in these ways. I also the the spoken and unspoken rules of the game "cat and mouse". From Robin's 'wishes' to Slade's demands it's wonderful. Slade has yet to come back for Robin though, and I miss him!

You seem to love using costumes to show how a character (namely Robin) progresses through out the story. I've seen this in Surrepitulous Stimulus (spelling?) too. It's a great idea, but I, like Batman, can't help but see Robin in his little kid's uniform. Sad...

I actually feel the need to mentioned a few more things briefly: firstly the 'omitted' parts. Quite annoying (;D) but effective in making me, a reader, feel like I'm in Robin shoes. Also, I love your author notes. Nothing to do with the story really, but your quirky comments and, if i'm lucky, a preview of the next chapter are very entertaining.

Anonymously Yours,

ivorypanther chapter 1 . 10/12/2009
hey! I'm glad that you finally finished this story! Awesome! Thank you so much for your kind reviews on mine. :)
Suck it Trebeck chapter 1 . 7/28/2009
It is so refreshing finding someone on this site who can actually write. Your very descriptive, and your word choice is excellent. It's fun to read. props.
icy the witch chapter 1 . 9/30/2008
I don't know if I should bother writing this review, after all, you've already finished the story. However, I will probably not be able to rest easy until I get this off my chest. I'm just that kind of person.

Now, first of all, I would just like to say, that I love this story so far(I've read up until chapter sixteen). I'll admit that I started to read this a long time ago, and am just now returning to it. I, unfortunately, have matured as an english student, and have seen many errors that I hadn't noticed the first time around. Please note, that this is meant as constructive criticism. Forgive me, I'm paranoid by nature that people won't understand my good intentions.

I happily overlooked the spelling errors, as I assumed those were explained away by human error. It plagues us all. However, you seem to have a weakness in sentence structure. You begin ideas and fail to finish them in the same sentence. Instead, you go off on a tangent, adding in more information than is strictly necessary. Now I am not saying that is a bad thing. Indeed, it adds a certain depth that every good story needs; however, it seems it distracts you and you do not finish the idea. Rather, you start a new sentence to say what you failed to say in the one previous. Not only does this repeat what you have already said, it disrupts the fluidity of the story. Also there are some sentences that seem to have words that hang on unnecessarily at the end. The problem with this is that it can sometimes be difficult to decipher the true meaning of the sentence, and the tongue often trips over the words. An example of such a sentence would be: "Robin truly did belong with him; even if the boy didn’t realize his actions spoke for him the words he himself refused to admit spoke paragraphs." The two words spoke and paragraphs are redundant, really, and don't need to be said.

This has, I hope, been helpful for any future endeavours in fanfiction, or other writing. I really think you have talent, and I am gladly going to finish reading this, and anything else you might present. Thanks ever so much for this interesting tale.
ImmortalPhantom22 chapter 108 . 8/11/2008
*tear tear* It's over! NO! So sad! Crazy way of ending it! I loved it! Now I'm going crazy thinking of what would happen in the future!

This has to be...the longest story I have ever read on ! And I loved every minute of it! Your way of writing is beautifully done, and really made me lose myself in it's words! I have always loved reading because it brought up a whole new world built in something as simple as words. You brought that to the extreme! The words flowed and worked together amazingly!

Almost everyone that writes a fanfic has a happy, joyfull ending that makes everyone go "aw, so sweet." but yours made me go like: "Holy $*! It's over!"

What will I do with my spare time now! Lol, I am not the fastest reader, so I spent a lot of time reading this whenever I could! (And i don't regret it!)

Amazing Amazing Amazing job! Seriously! You might not realize it, but your writing is beyond what most people can accomplish! I don't think many people would have the patience to write a story as long as this one and not give up on it.

I have no idea what else to say other than I have freaking LOVED reading this story! One of the most amazing stories I have ever read!

Keep up the AWESOME work! And I hope to read more of your material in the future!

PS: I seriously can't believe it's over already! Ah!
ImmortalPhantom22 chapter 107 . 8/11/2008
I was a little confused with Richard talking to Slade. When he said that fifty years from then, "-you'll be set free of this short prison-" And stuff, I guess I was confused by all of that. I don't know if it's just me or whatever. But I'm coming to the epilogue now!
ImmortalPhantom22 chapter 106 . 8/11/2008
Damn! XD Omen/Richard was hella awesome in this chapter! I love how he was acting around them, and totally confident and like...not at all scared! It was awesome! I especialy loved his comments to everyone!

Wow, Omen is hella old! Well...not old, but way older than I thought! #_# I wish I could stay the same age forever! That would be awesome!

That conversation between Bruce and Richard was really sad in a way. It was also very deep! Very nicely written!

I still can't decide whether Omen hates Slade or likes him. Ya know? I don't even know what i'm saying, but in a way it seems that way to me.

Omg! The next chapter, Richard talks to Slade! Holy crap! That is gonna be awesome!

ImmortalPhantom22 chapter 105 . 8/10/2008
Lol, i love how Omen was basically being sentenced to death when he cant die!

That part with Barbra was sad.

It is nice to see that Richard/Omen was getting along with Starfire, but other than that, I guess it wasnt too happy.

Great chapter!

I have a strange feeling that something will go wrong...Idk, maybe that's just me.

ImmortalPhantom22 chapter 104 . 8/8/2008
Wait, was Omen/Richard being serious when he said "There’s going to be an assassination committed at this meeting.” ! I guess I was a little confused at that, but I'm sure that it will be explained later, or I hope.

Srry that it took me so long to read this chapter! I have been busy. Only 4 chapters left though, right? I'm getting close.

944 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »