Reviews for Growing Pains
Major Mike Powell III chapter 3 . 4/17
Well, well, soldier...

Ok, so, I picked a Hell of a time to finally sit down and finish watching "Yamibou", and what do I find in this category, huh?

This story is quite amazing, for sure. I always wondered what scenarios would've arose if the whole virgin child birth gimmick had actually happened in-universe, and this is a pretty outstanding tale you have to tell here, for sure. :3

So, Hazuki has literally stopped aging so that she can "catch up" to Hatsumi, in a way...yet Lilith is hot on Eve's trail...but is "this" Hatsumi really Eve, hm? Most intriguing, for sure.

Also, Hazuki is one of those absolutely perfect examples of the very embodiment of "Devotion"...and this story really does her justice, my friend.

Yes, this story was last updated ALL the way back in '09 and chances are you probably won't even read this review, much less update...but still. An amazing story deserves a review either way.

So, here's to you and perhaps, one day, someday in the near future, you finishing this story.

Great work, Marine!
Update ASAP! That's an order!

Semper-Fi! Carry on!
kamonwan9952 chapter 3 . 6/30/2014
OMG ! *fangirlin-and punches my pillow* this story's so gooood!
I remember watching this anime years ago, omg this brings back memories and feelings! .
nyaaa, im so happy I found this fiction, and I hope you will complete this story and it being long like, that would be awesome, a great story, a complete fiction on the anime, long fiction which everyone likes haha
But yeah overall, I hope you dont give up! even if you updates a few lines that'd be better than nothing and Im really into this pairing now
well to the netx chap..wait wouldn't Hazuki get Hatsumi from school? haha
Oh and what if hatsumi saw the two and gets some weird feelings by watching them *jealousy*
Kidaha chapter 3 . 12/13/2013
Please update... Are you going to let 'em sleep together? I wanna read read the rest... *sob*
unknown chapter 3 . 10/1/2011
DUUUUUDE! I've been waiting for, like, EVER! PLEASE hurry with the next chapter! T_T YOU'RE KILLIN' ME HERE!
Suzume CA chapter 2 . 10/5/2009
Your second chapter raises even more questions. Little Hatsumi, in spite of growing up very much like her predeceasor(s) in look, does not seem to have any memory of herself as Eve. Now you've made me wonder if any of her past selves did - the previous Hatsumi obviously knew enough to sign "goodbye" to Hazuki that final night, and seemed to know she would be leaving soon when she wrote the final anonymous letter, but was that knowledge that only came to her at the end, or did she know what she was all along? Other than speaking, how different IS this Hatsumi from past Eves?

Hazuki is obviously wondering the same. Have she and I both been wrong in our assumptions that previous Eves were self-aware?

Or is she really Eve at all?

I'm seeing the pattern now of how each chapter opens with Hatsumi's words, and for a reason I can't put my finger on, I'm really enjoying those tiny glimpses.

I was wondering if Ririsu/Lilith would arrive. And with her comes the knowledge that Eve has, in fact, left her again. So even if young Hatsumi is not Eve, well, Eve must have gone somewhere...

I'm sorry that this story has proven difficult for you to continue, but yeah, the plot complications of this anime could choke a horse, couldn't they? I think anyone who saw it (and had half a soul) ached for poor Hazuki, and wanted her to have an ending/continuation with more hope. All the fics I've seen thus far (and there have been few) are focused in pretty hard on just that. It's comforting to know that there are others who wanted better for our heroine.
Suzume CA chapter 1 . 10/4/2009
I'm so glad I found this story. Beautifully told, evocative, and not afraid to take on the finale and its implications. Hazuki has already suffered through the pain of being in love with someone she thought of as a sister - how would she (how would anyone?) react to giving birth to the only one she ever loved?

Her choice to not be a mother or a sister, and yet her inability to stay away from little Hatsumi, is an agonizing conflict. What a tightrope to walk - to be so drawn to her, and yet to have to keep her distance. But how will this affect Hatsumi, who is obviously drawn to her as well?

And who is Hatsumi? Born of the Souma, but unlike any of Eve's incarnations, she can talk. She was carried and birthed by a mortal (though the birth was more than a little supernatural in nature), when other Eves were found in the wild, as it were. How much is she truly Hazuki's child, or was Hazuki just an incubator?

Hazuki has doubtless led a difficult, lonely life. She is counting on this child to be the love she lost, and I'm genuinely worried for her.

Thanks again for sharing this. I'll write more when I've read the rest.
Harterial chapter 3 . 4/6/2009
Amazing... please, keep writing. This is a delightful take on Hazuki and Hatsumi's story, a real continuation of the series. Really lovely. _
VJ chapter 1 . 7/28/2008
It's really helpful of you writing a yamibou fanfic in high hopes that other inspired fans of Yamibou will write as well.
Spikesagitta chapter 2 . 12/20/2007
aah...i hjope you continue this!
alucarD gniviL chapter 2 . 11/12/2006
Hey great continueing from the series Yeah because we are not the

only ones who hated that ending but if they where to make a sequal

I think your story is fitting that hope you keep writing i'll look forward to your next story.

LunarMiko chapter 2 . 10/22/2006
It's a real shame that you haven't updated this series. I hope it isn't dead / Please write more. It's very interesting so far and I'd to see where it goes.
doesntmatter chapter 1 . 9/6/2006
I know this hasn't been updated in a while but I really hope you continue. And I also hope that t has a happy ending but ewhat is more important than that is it being continued.
animereader1 chapter 2 . 8/6/2006
prod you to work eh? *jabs with stick* want to write more now? huh? huh?
The.Hoppy chapter 2 . 6/17/2006
This is probably a dead story *wails* but I'll review it anyway. There's so little YamiBou, it's too bad to just cut it off like that. I read this first over on shoujoai, and I waited, hoping it wasn't dead. If you got tired of writing it for whatever reasons, I respect your decisions. Still, that doesn't mean I can't stake this story out.
fireinu chapter 2 . 3/19/2006
I like the story. I hope you rite the next chapter soon. I rilley didn't like the anime ending eether.