Reviews for Bearing Blue
This is beautiful!
I remember reading it when I was younger back in 2007, and I wanted to read again you know because this is what really got me into fanfiction.

:) please don't give up on this! I am absolutely looking forward the updates
Dinah chapter 12 . 3/20
Seeing that your previous update were last year I assume that this is under hiatus. However I would like to say that your story is so awesome! I can never read a canon and non-canon pairing aside from Kaoru and Kenshin/Battousai so this is the first. Please please update this story. Id like to know if Sou-chan survive the family war and if they will ever be together.

Btw, Tetsuo's character just gets to me. There is something about his evil and sadistic nature that seems very acceptable in an antagonist. Too bad he got struck down by Soujiro's sword.
Lama00 chapter 12 . 2/20
It's a soft romance story but if you toned down the sex rate it would be better cause it's OOC at some point and I felt I'm reading other characters or KK rather than Sou/Kao.(Yes KK rules!)

Actually after the live action movie I'm starting to feel disturb of the Sou/Kao romance thing bc Takei Emi (Kaoru) and Kamiki (Soujiro) happened to be a Mother and Son in another historic drama ,and it was stated by Kamiki that he calls Emi "Mother" he himself said they are like a parent-child and it was proofen they have Zero sexual tension in real life , now just thinking anything involve romance between Sou/Kao in their live action forms feels so wrong on so many levels and will never support romance in people who have a parent-child thing even in acting.

Also while this is Sou/Kao I'm reading Kenshin instead of Soujiro (I preferred it that way).

I enjoyed your writing style but I am not into the choice of pairing , and I already stated my reasons why.

CielSynema chapter 12 . 1/24
Dear God this story is so beautiful and perfect And just agh! The progress and the build are so perfect! I can't help but picture Soujirou and Kaoru as they are in the live action movie.. I have seen the entire anime and read the whole manga but for whatever reason I can only picture them as Kamiki Ryunosuke and Emi Takei.. I hope to see an update for this soon, this cliffhanger is absolutely brutal.
Tsubasa chapter 12 . 1/11
I really like this story, I couldn't stop myself from reading all chapters in a single afternoon.
I'm especially impressed with the amount of research you made. The names for clothing, weapons; you even researched people's habits from that time, like family members not draining the water from the ofuro, and sharing it instead (chapter 7). It makes your story seem real.
If possible, please don't stop writing. I really want to read more of this. Looking forward to your update!
Guest chapter 1 . 12/23/2014
ohmygosh I remember this story from when it was first up! I loved it back then and I love it even more with your edits :D I can't wait to read the next chapter, please don't stop!
sweetyfanfic chapter 12 . 12/13/2014
Please continue the story! its amazing!
Josephie chapter 12 . 12/11/2014
This story is so good. I can't get enough of it. I really hope they'd get their happy ever after. They both deserve it. More please.
Guest chapter 1 . 9/14/2014
this is so good pls continue
Serenity Blossom chapter 12 . 7/15/2014
This has been such a thrilling read. I've loved the story you've created here and I'm looking forward to reading more in the future.
nom-de-plumee chapter 12 . 5/13/2014
Nine years. Nine years! How amazing!

That was the first thing I noticed abt this fic. Started in 2005, now 2014. It was amazing, your resolve. If it's not yet updated recently, I'd presume that you'd abandoned this fic. Glad that it's not the case.

This story makes me surprised.

The plot is well developed. I found it nice not to be rushed. And that, SouKao relationship is plainly cute. Not cute ... cute, but cute. The slow development of relationship. Just whoa!

At first, I thought that maybe Kaoru might be feeling disgust and choose to leave. I'm glad she doesn't! I was almost cry, doubled with sad songs as the background, yes. My heart fluttered!

Sigh. I'm a rambling machine. I'm sorry that I fill your review box like this. I'm not so good with telling my opinion. What I know is that I like your story. I do think that I shoould be giving each chapter a review :'o I'm sorry for being an ungrateful reader ToT

That Souji is cool. That last chapter's end was heart-wrecking. It's sad. What does he mean with that words? Don't tell me he doesn't want to follow Kaoru. WHEN he said in prev chapter they would run. NOOOOO! I'm desperated :'(

Please, please, write a happy ending where Soujiro live good life with Kaoru. And one or two kids running around :'3

Thank you, Author-nim. Thank you so much. For writing this. For choosing to keep going; while other choosing to abandon. Thank you. Thank you.
Princess Geta chapter 12 . 4/30/2014
I am so glad those doodleberries are dead! boy was it a long time coming! I figured Soujirou would come back in time but I was glad to see step brother did enough damage to seriously get Soujirou charged up. I like seeing the flashes of deadliness (same way with Kenshin) and now we're left here...

I caught up :'( lol its always such a joy to catch up but depressing lol I'm sure you've known the feeling once or twice. Your story is now on watch and I cannot wait for the next chapter! Hopefully the small reviews give you a little bit of motivation, and if not that, at least I hope you take it as a small thank you for taking the time to go back and do all of this editing and re-writing for . Its such a joy to read well written stories on here and I always get so excited when I make a good find. Hopefully my long reviews weren't too much of a pain in the butt to read and I am so glad I was able to get you to over 300 _ you deserve each and every one of those, plus some!

Eagerly awaiting the next chapter,
Princess Geta.
Princess Geta chapter 11 . 4/30/2014
Cliff hanger! and this time they finally did do the deed! though with a bit of a lie thrown in *Scratching head* how naughty of Kaoru! I'm glad she didn't out an tell Megumi everything, for a second there I was worried that she would! I'm like, no! respect your husband's privacy and don't go spilling his beans!

Super sweet and cute though how affectionate Soujirou is afterward - its adorable seeing the little changes to their interactions.
Princess Geta chapter 10 . 4/30/2014
Another melt you chapter! (Have I mentioned how wonderfully your chapters are titled? I need to take a second to commend you on that, they're bloody awesome and so telling - I love it)

I rarely think the timing of the sex content is just at the right time, they usually always go to fast with everything but this was PERFECT. It was sweet, nervous, restrained, filled with want and love and everything wonderful! though... technically these two crazy kids didn't have sex! I wasn't sure for a bit if I just read wrong but next chapter confirms it lol. but still, this was so sweet and heartful, I loved every moment of it :)
Princess Geta chapter 9 . 4/30/2014
So much going on here! his horrible family is visiting, Kaoru is being verbally smacked time and time again by the step mother and taking it like a champ (A pissed off champ, but a champ no less) the step brother is being a perv (ew) and theirs a huge conversation that is hanging in the air that is not finished, between Kaoru and Soujirou, could more possibly be going on? not unless you add a pet chicken that's been dyed bright pink and shoots eggs at the step mother's face (a bit out there? I think so, hence why I'm glad you're writing this and not me lol ;)

On a serious note though, I'm truly impressed with the research and new words I've learned from your story - I've found myself googling certain Japanese words and looking up certain things you wrote about and going, "aaaaah! that's what that is, cool!" so thank you! I love learning when I read!