Reviews for The Fiddler's Song
lexell-cassini chapter 1 . 9/8/2008

I really like this, it was strange at the begining 'cause the Fiddler is a girl (in spanish is "UN violinista sobre un tejado", always male), but you get the idea! The fiddler is for everyone who want to hear him/she )
Seamonkey Queen chapter 1 . 6/16/2006
I loved your poem. I also love "fiddler on the roof" (no-one else i know does). I thought your poem has some beautiful imagery and good grammar and spelling (it bothers me just a little when people don't have good grammar or spelling in their fan fics). I really like the idea of a female fiddler on the roof. I've only seen the movie so i have only seen the male fiddler, but the girl is an interesting change. Thanx for writing !
queerboywithapen chapter 1 . 7/30/2005
this is a gorgeous poem and i really loved it... but i did want to point something out for next time you see Fiddler, or write a fic: the fiddler symbolizes tradition, pure and simple. this really makes some parts cool - like Chave's dance. she is torn between love and her tradition, so it is really symbolic when she turns her back on the fiddler; she has abandoned her tradition. also, the last scene shows Tevye beckoning to the fiddler to follow him out of Anatevka; he is leaving all he knew and leaving his home, but he is bringing along his tradition, and it is enough for him, which we see by his smile. also noteworthy is the fact that Tevye dances with the Fiddler after the party with Lazar, because he has just celebrated a new match, with promises of a wedding - these are both extremely important traditions, and so this is portrayed by Tevye celebrating with his tradition. I did love your poem, though - it was really beautiful! i just wanted to give you a little food for thought. Keep up the good work, you are an amazing writer.
Ryune chapter 1 . 5/11/2005
I know about the magic of the Fiddler, as I played the Fiddler and the run of our show ended about a week ago.

I disagree with the fiddler being female, because it really is more of a male role, seeing as Anatevka is a super-traditional village and a female fiddler would be absolutely scandalous.

Or maybe I'm just bitter because I had to tape down and spirit-gum a beard on every night.

Other than that, you've captured Tevye's relationship with his imaginary friend very nicely. Good Job.
Laszar WolfBeam chapter 1 . 1/2/2004
This was great, i especially like the first verse.
Elsceetaria chapter 1 . 5/25/2003
Cool poem. I was recently in FOTR and our fiddler was female so it made sense to me. Your poem caught the mood of the play perfectly. Mazeltov!
Rai Dorian chapter 1 . 1/12/2003
Hey, Di! I saw "Fiddler on the Roof" a long time ago, so I can't really remember it too well. I really love your poem, though! I don't have any interesting comments about it... it's night-time and my brain is shutting off. Anyway, good job!

hello chapter 1 . 11/27/2002
Good poem.
hello chapter 1 . 11/27/2002
Good poem.
Saranha de Angelo chapter 1 . 12/24/2001
*applauds* Pretty! I can't write poetry. I was a bit confused when you refered to the fiddler as a girl, but I have no problem with it. I've only seen the movie (male fiddler) but I'm seeing another version in about 3 days, so I'll see if it's a girl. Cool poem!
joe lazano chapter 1 . 6/9/2001
THis is awful
Kristen chapter 1 . 6/1/2001
very good...excellent poem...i like it...:-D
Bald Eagle chapter 1 . 5/26/2001
Great! Astounding! Superb! A fantastic work of poetry. As you probably know, I was in the play myself-it fits perfectly in the plot line. The poem "fit like a glove...was made made to measure...(stop talking like a tailor and tell me who is it!...)
Twilight and Silence chapter 1 . 4/11/2001
Oh wow... that was excellent.. a beautiful poem...and somehow I like the idea of the Fiddler being female... I've never actually seen the pla live though.. only the movie.. but I have a CD of the original broadway production...(which, btw, I was listening to an hour ago)
ceemonster chapter 1 . 4/8/2001
A very moving piece! I performed recently in FOTR as Chava, Tevye's third daughter, and had a great time doing it. I was a bit surprised that you potrayed the Fiddler as female since in the Jewish traditions of the time females were not musicians, but your note helped clarify that. Mazel Tov, and I hope I will see some more FOTR fanfic from you!