Reviews for Mourn the Wicked
Lysana chapter 1 . 6/18/2009
Very sad and wonderfully written! As Professor Tolkien says in the Silmarillion, about Eru's third theme in the Music: "an immeasurable sorrow, from which its beauty chiefly came." This fanfic has the same feeling to it.

As a reader of Tolkien's works, I find myself mourning for Melkor too. He could have been so beautiful, had such a joyful life, given so much to the world... Instead he ended up hurting himself and others for countless years and the finally being loed up in the Void. Not a pretty fate for anyone.

Hey, at least the Professor was kind enough to include the idea of the Second Music!

LadyAnnatar chapter 1 . 6/6/2006
That was so sad. Almost made me cry. :sob: but I really liked it.
Vainfinde chapter 1 . 8/9/2005
Heartbreakingly beautiful. I have no doubt that it is Melkor Nienna mourns most intensely, and I love the explanation you have given for her character.

The lines that really got to me were "I mourned this beautiful world, marred even as it was created." and

"To let tears become wisdom."
Dreamer chapter 1 . 6/21/2005
RavenLady chapter 1 . 5/11/2005
This is beautifully written, and that doesn't begin to say it. What an idea, that Nienna could grieve for Melkor, and you get it to make sense. Wow.
Blodeuedd chapter 1 . 5/2/2005
Well done. I like it very much. It suits Nienna's character perfectly to see, through her tears, redemption for even the most evil of beings. You really got into her character and stayed there until story's end. Again, magnificent work!
Evenstar Elanor chapter 1 . 4/30/2005
This distinctly reminded me of my personal love for Anakin Skywalker.. Don't know if you like Star Wars. I think it's probably just because of the imminent movie release.

I love your incorporation of Silmarillion lore into this, as well as explaining why Nienna laments, and what she teaches the Children of Iluvatar.

"I mourned this beautiful world, marred even as it was created." Because of it's creation, it was marred for we will never create a perfect world. Nice job.