Reviews for Happily Ever After
purebristles chapter 1 . 10/9/2011
Wow, this was pretty intense - could have been the genesis of a rea angst-fest fic.
Flame177123 chapter 1 . 9/26/2011
Beautiful. Though it was a tad... odd. I liked it. :D
luvagoo chapter 1 . 12/27/2010
I - fucking - wow?

...that's actually all I have in me in response to this right now...
Startide Risen chapter 1 . 1/1/2007
Eerily beautiful. The last line is a punch to the gut.

Favorites:

"No one wants to know that Cinderella got fat. That Prince Charming had a roving eye."

"hope (the cruelest curse of the Gods, the last evil gift dwelling at the bottom of Pandora’s box)"

"yes even love her (because he does . . . more than he’ll ever say)"

To offer some constructive criticism:

The opening paragraph could use some tweaking, I think. There are too many abstracts in one place, too much philosophy without enough specifics. The story is usually strongest when you link your abstracts to your characters-for instance, my favorite paragraph by far is the one immediately following the "pound of pressure" quote.

And on a purely technical note, you've got wander lust spelled wonder lust.

Really, though, nitpicks notwithstanding-this is beautiful work.
lady scribe of avandell chapter 1 . 1/8/2006
*shivers* eerily beautiful and tragic. i think i am beginning to understand the reason for the tragedy of your "pillow book" story. fate holds our characters hostage. sere mi eru...lsoa
The Pineapple chapter 1 . 11/2/2005
I have chills. I was glued to the screen this whole time, and my mouth is gaping. This was so beautiful, the metaphors were perfect. Just...fabulous.
Atomic Eyes chapter 1 . 10/19/2005
"melancholy and cool, kind of bittersweet." -anna nalick

Love this.
illusionsindustry chapter 1 . 5/22/2005
That was pure poetry.
earthdrago chapter 1 . 5/2/2005
Well that was depressing.
hjea chapter 1 . 5/1/2005
Ouch.

That was beautiful and very poignant, but... ouch. You got a really good grasp on Mal and Inara and the realism they both share but gosh, I want them to be happy!

Anywho, to sum up, wonderful story.