Reviews for Promicitate
ShikiNurse chapter 1 . 9/17/2012
"Almost" seemed to me like he was looking out into a world he almost got to live in again, and its like hes looking into his last hope.

Also, the "Never" plays in with the almost I think, the sunlight that drifts in from the world hes never going to be in.

Hope that's interesting. :)
LoliPear the WaltzQueen chapter 1 . 5/31/2012
Almost there, almost won, almost escaped.
Captain Avery chapter 1 . 9/13/2007
Sugoi!

It was short but wonderfully written. The last line was brilliant!
Argent Inluminai chapter 1 . 4/2/2006
"Almost" is "what-might-have-been," or "what-almost-was," at least to me. The "ifs," I suppose; IF Henry had never moved to that apartment-complex, IF he'd managed to avoid the Sacraments, IF Walter had just taken a different path, besides that of such drastic self-delusion.

But then, that's just me. Kudos on the excellent short, and I particularly like the last line.
Stefan Meredith chapter 1 . 8/27/2005
Very poetic interpretation of Henry's last moments.

I interpreted the 'almost' as Henry speculating on what lay ahead (after death)

I liked the way Henry denies Walter the please of his death by sinking into his own mind, even seeming to offer pity/support with that final whispered line...

Overall, very cool
opheliamlet chapter 1 . 8/7/2005
The second I saw this I screamed, "YES" right at my poor computer's face. The Walter/Henry pairing is a favourite of mine, but one I sadly have yet to write anything about..

And hmm. The almost? I didn't give it much thought at first, to be honest..
Master Crocuta chapter 1 . 5/27/2005
Hm...quite the interesting little piece, really. There are a lot of great views I truly adore about your fanfic. "Staring into almost" gives a sense of distance, a sense that tells the reader to think what they think, and that is that.

When describing Henry's mind, it sounded very...Silent Hillish. x) Wonderful job there.

Also...I haven't read many WalterxHenry fanfics. They'd make an interesting pair.

Love the style, keep on writing! x)
W.S.Ravensoul chapter 1 . 5/5/2005
Haven't got all the endings for SH4 yet so I don't know if this is describing one. This is well written and leaves most of the work open to interpretation. I like this as it invites the reader to use their imagination and intellect in order to understand it. Good descriptions of the characters and their emotions. However a wee bit more wouldn't have hurt. e.g. Henry doesn't struggle too much and I would have assumed that the body would have fought for air, possibly even as part of an involuntary response.

I saw the almost as a description for the sunny "reality" that was counjured up by the power of Silent Hill in order to keep the apartment from being seen as out of place and destroyed killing the deity that it housed. Henry probably grinned as he realised how fragile the illusion was and how much he used to rely on it before he simply had to forget everything the "real world" had taught him to believe in order to survive. e.g. the ridiculous teaching that "monsters aren't real". He found out the truth the hard way.

I liked the last line. It conveyed the idea that the almost reality was Walters doing and since he was king in his universe that he could change the almost reality so that it seemed that even the heavens wept for Henrys passing.

Great work here. I enjoyed this thoroughly. Hope to see more of this sort of work up on fanfic. Keep writing. TTFN

Cheers

Wolf
Gaia Faye chapter 1 . 5/2/2005
I see the "almost" as "almost dead." 'Cause, er, he is. Was. Uh... yeah.

I find the last line much more curious than that one word.

But, yeah, I like it. Well written.