Reviews for New Beginnings
Larner chapter 2 . 5/26/2005
Again, a lovely beginning to the story. Love the idea of Aragorn getting dizzy from the bobbing about. Poor Faramir-coming from such an anger-filled sire!
Larner chapter 1 . 5/26/2005
A beautiful retelling of the book with just enough of your own story within it to bring us into it.
Ithil-valon chapter 3 . 5/12/2005
What an incredible, beautiful interlude! You write Aragorn with a tenderness and compassion that is quite breathtaking. It is as though I can feel his touch through your words and share in the love the offers so freely to those around him.

Well done, mellon nin!
Elentariel chapter 3 . 5/12/2005
Great, amazing, spectacular, superb, fantastic, breathtaking,awesome...chapter
Captain Pagie chapter 3 . 5/9/2005
Cheez-n-rice! You are an excellent writer. Sorry about reviewing this late, I sort of pick and choose as I check my email for author alerts. Sorry, but this is just as good as your other story! I feel very lowly in comparison, considering most of my stories tend to be happy and funny, if not crude.

Rock on!

LiL Pippin Padfoot

*Representin' Gondor! (Forsyth.)**
Elenhin chapter 3 . 5/9/2005
Can you imagine how grreat it was to come back from a few days camping in the woods, and then find this wonderfull update waiting for me when I got back, absolutely wonderfull.

I was on a scout master education and thus had no computer acces.

Very great chapter and ending, I loved it.

Aragorn does take good care of Faramir, and even with Faramir's fear being so evident it is still obvious in the tale that he and Aragorn could come to be good friends, because Aragorn is obviously willing to take whatever meassures neccesary to make him feel more at ease.

(Eh, please pardon if my spelling is worse than normal, along with no computer I hardly had any sleep at all either.)

This is really a very nice interlude with the coronation, I love the part where Aragorn knew he were the king because everyone had told him so during the day.

I can not wait to see the next chapter of burden of guilt, and hopefully then I will not be half asleep as I am now.

This was really great, untill nect update,

take care, Kindest Regards, Elenhin
Laerien chapter 3 . 5/8/2005
Sorry for the delay, I AM interested just I wasn’t home for a time. I think the last chapter was the best. There were so much in it, indicating to the past, the present and the future too.

From where do you get your little ideas? (Could you give me some ? ;o) ) They make your stories a lot more enjoyable. In this case I mean Faramir and Aragorn banging their nose. In all of your stories there are many cute moments like this, through which you show us another quality of the character by his/her reaction.(Wow, now this sentence is a mess!). I love this.

Keep writing! I am waiting to the next chapter of Burden of guilt.
Kabuki733701 chapter 3 . 5/7/2005
This is good. Some run-on sentences make it a little awkward, but otherwise it's a very good piece.
Patty chapter 3 . 5/6/2005
". . . feared there was little interest", are you crazy, girl! Anything you write I personally love and I'm sure there's many more like me. You

write, we'll read!

I like the way you write Aragorn's insecurity.

He still doesn't know if Elrond will allow him to marry Arwen and his life as a ranger certainly hasn't prepared him for the complexities of ruling Gondor and Arnor. He NEEDS Faramir as much as Faramir needs him.

I think I may have been one who questioned you about Aragorn's wounds. I forget that you consider your stories one long tale, so forgive me. I'm afraid I just pick up on angst of any sort. Can't help it if I crave the stuff! LOL
Susan W chapter 3 . 5/5/2005
Most excellent! At least we do know that Faramir does settle into his new job quite nicely and that he does become friends with the King.

It will take a lot of getting used to in the new life for the both of them.

Love Aragorn's compassion and understanding! Good thing he has loads of patience, he'll need every bit of it.

Good ending and looking forward to the next update for "Burden of Guilt".
Julia chapter 3 . 5/5/2005
Nice ending! Though I think they need to redecorate that room and have the desk chopped up for kindling wood if they are going to meet there regularly.
Lilan chapter 3 . 5/5/2005
I liked the way you showed Aragorn here. On the one hand, a thoughtful and understanding man who can see the distress of others and offer exactly the right words and actions. He would make a fine psychologist in our world :)

On the other hand, he is not untouched by his own problems, loneliness being not the least of them. Hovewer glad the people of Gondor might have been to have their King, he still was largely a stranger to them, born and brought up in a faraway land and, what is more, distanced from them by his position. I imagine he would indeed look for a friend, and Faramir seems to be the best candidate here.

One more great thing is how you play up the physical contact in your stories, this one in particular. It looked like Faramir was used to paying his respects to inanimate symbols rather than real people, and it was a brilliant idea to make them bang their noses together! That was a good beginning of a 'live' relationship.

Great job!

Regards,

Lilan
AM chapter 3 . 5/5/2005
Thanks for another great story.

Now I must go and re-read “The Hidden Days of Healing”.
Frodo Silverlune chapter 3 . 5/5/2005
cool. i admit i did enjoy the faramir angst more than the aragorn intro-spection, but it was still good! i look forward to more angst, as usual!
Patty chapter 2 . 5/4/2005
Bless Faramir's heart. I'm sure he does associate the study with his own unpleasant memories of his father. And did I pick up on something I shouldn't have? Aragorn is wounded?

Tell us more, dear lady!
52 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »