Reviews for New Beginnings
xiaoweisan chapter 2 . 5/4/2005
I love your story. The cliff-hanger of chapter 2 is really evil and I desperately look forward to the next chapter! Poor Faramir. The king meant no harm but he said the very words and had no conception at all what Faramir had suffered.

Besides, I wonder why Faramir regarded Aragorn as his king and his lord when they first met. He had never seen Aragorn before! How could he realize Aragorn's heritage and believe it from the bottom of his heart? And how dared he put his fate (and his people's fates) in a stranger's hands?
steelelf chapter 2 . 5/4/2005
Ooh, good! I sorry if I didn't review befpre... I like this story!
Frodo Silverlune chapter 2 . 5/4/2005
i LOVE faramir's point of view. i only wish we could see more of it, and the beautiful angst it carries, in your other stories! please don't stop it! more more more more more more more more more!
nautika chapter 2 . 5/4/2005
Havent had time to read, but I am watching it! Keep posting!
grumpy chapter 2 . 5/4/2005
Glad that Faramir found the courage to go into Denethor's old room. Now if Aragorn can get him to stop bobbing arround.
Mechanical-Panda chapter 2 . 5/3/2005
I just have to say I love your stories. The emotional depth to them is really wonderful, and I enjoy your characterizations and the reasons behind them. And, despite the lack of reviews-because I'm horrible about it-know that I watch you like a hawk for updates.
Elenhin chapter 2 . 5/3/2005
Again I fear I do nt have much time, it is getting a slight bit annoying, but it was wonderfull to read this before I have to go to the land with no computers untill sunday.

Lucky thing that scouting is so much fun that you never feel the loss to its full extent.

Absolutley lovly chapter.

How do you stick so much in it? It felt like I had read over a dozen pages, so much contest in it, so much emotion and how it all played out so nicly inside my head.

Yet I check the scroll bar, and how did you get so much into that amount of text?

I loved the proper court etique where Faramir was going up and down on one knew bowing, and Aragorn was beggingin to get dizzy from it. Heheh, bet he wants to tie Faramir down to a chair next time he is about to talk with him.

I also loved the part about Faramir having nightmares about going into the studyl, even out brave steward has his fears. It makes it so very real that Faramir would have those fears.

I would say that some of it is probebly because he loved his father, and he misses him, and how they parted on such bad terms. Unresolved issues I think it is called.

My point is however that a good number of his fears shows as one, they are all related to it, and so the mental ghosts fear latches on to a real life fear, and makes that one stronger.

I like psykolegy, can you tell? ;)

Hope you do not mind, but you get so much into the chartacters that they are so much fun to annalyze.

I also like the ending, another cliff hanger. We know why he is reaction, but not exactly how the reaction will be.

Ooh, it's so exciting, I can hardly wait to findout what will happen.

Sunday I will be at the computer before I have even taken my hat of and will be looking for updates.

At least Aragorn is there and can take care of him, even if it was one of his coments that was the trigger. He could not know that.

Oh, I am really longing for the next chapter.

Kindest Regards, Elenhin
Deandra chapter 2 . 5/3/2005
Need more commas, especially in the very long sentence below. A good rule of thumb is to look for 'and' in very long sentences - the comma usually goes next to it! In this case, the comma should go between 'Aragorn' and 'and'. One could go in the next sentence after 'awake', but isn't quite so essential.

*He still had frequent nightmares from which he would awaken in a cold sweat that Denethor had returned from the dead and was raging at him for daring to support Aragorn and threatening him with severe punishment. Then a wave of relief would wash over him when he was fully awake and remembered that the King had indeed returned.*

I know there is disagreement about whether or not Denethor ever physically abused Faramir, but even so, his strong, automatic reactions to the similarities of situation are very effective. He's lived with the effects of displeasing his father for so long, they would not just disappear once his father died.
Stoneage Woman chapter 1 . 5/3/2005
Once again, very well done. How DO you manage to keep them all in character? I never can, no matter how hard I try.

Would you believe it if I told you I STILL have no internet connection? Once again, reduced to my dad's laptop, though I still managed to update, is a tad embarassing. I don't like laptops very much. Still, I did update, and I got to read this too. It's well worth the embaressment!

Update soon, please!
The Girl in the Red Jacket chapter 2 . 5/3/2005
I don't review as often as I should be I am most definietly reading and loving it! Actually I don't think I've ever not enjoyed what you've written.

Poor Faramir, that was not the right thing for Aragorn to say there in that room!
Liana-Elfgirl chapter 2 . 5/3/2005
i loved i pleas updait soon
Susan W chapter 2 . 5/3/2005
Ah yes, there it is the announcement that makes Faramir a prince and his reaction!

"Faramir gaped open mouthed at his King in astonishment for a moment before drawing himself to task for yet another lapse of etiquette as he gasped, “You plan to make me Prince of Ithilien?” He pinched himself surreptitiously to ensure he was not dreaming." :) Most excellent!

And again, if only we could have seen that in the movie!

Update soon, please!
Rosie26 chapter 2 . 5/3/2005
Well for some reason I had an alert to Chapter Two, but nothing at all for Chapter 1. Anyway, nicely done as always. It always irks me to see Gimli handing the crown to Gandalf and feel that no thought at all was given to this particular scene, because if they had thought about it, they would have realised that regardless of whether they wanted to downplay Faramir's role or not, it was he who should have been involved in the coronation to some extent. Thank the Valar for fan fiction...oh, and Prof. Tolkien of course.
Julia chapter 1 . 5/3/2005
Very touching. I am glad you stuck closer to book-verse than PJ did.
Laerien chapter 1 . 5/3/2005
I love this! I too realized that there are a few unnecessary lines but they didn't bother me. I longed to see the coronation from Faramir POV for a long time since this evevnt is almost as important to him as to Aragorn.

My favourite part was when Aragorn asked Faramir gently if he was all right. A toching moment.

Keep writing little stories too. ;o)
51 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 Next »