Reviews for New Beginnings
Laerien chapter 1 . 5/3/2005
I love this! I too realized that there are a few unnecessary lines but they didn't bother me. I longed to see the coronation from Faramir POV for a long time since this evevnt is almost as important to him as to Aragorn.

My favourite part was when Aragorn asked Faramir gently if he was all right. A toching moment.

Keep writing little stories too. ;o)
Patty chapter 1 . 5/3/2005
This coronation is so much more impressive than that of the movie. Coming out from the city to meet the victorious king makes my heart rejoice!

Thanks ever so much for this lovely story. I'm eager to find out where you're going with it.
Kabuki733701 chapter 1 . 5/2/2005
Wonderful! You have a few run-on sentences in it. but otherwise very, very good!
Elenhin chapter 1 . 5/2/2005
Wonderful, I absolutely loved it.

Faramir got to keep the white rod and Aragorn shall take care of him, sorry for short and a bit coinfused review, but I have less time than I would have prefered.

Still I really loved it, I will be coming back to look for update as soon as I can, and before that if I can manage.

Untill then take care,

Kindest Regards, Elenhin
Raksha The Demon chapter 1 . 5/2/2005
An interesting beginning. I liked Faramir's surprise when Aragorn confirmed him as hereditary Steward.

I hope you won't take too long to get back to BURDEN OF GUILT, though...

I've only seen glimpses of the Queen of England's coronation - must have been a grand affair. I do remember seeing her confirm her son as Prince of Wales and accept his fealty, which was a nice bit of feudal tradition come to life. I like your version of King Elessar's coronation much better than the one in the ROTK movie, which...ahem...forgot several elements.
Susan W chapter 1 . 5/1/2005
Most excellent! Thank you for writing this scene! It has always been one of my favorite scenes from the books. And truly an important scene, how else was the switch from Steward to King to take place! Shame on PJ for skipping over this entirely and downplaying Faramir's part in the movie.

I had always wondered what Fara would be feeling, being unsure as to what was going to happen to him. A nice quiet life with Eowyn, if Eomer allowed them to be married, sounds rather peaceful. He definitely would not have thought about the Stewardship being his, nor being made a prince.

Aragorn shows his true compassion and wisdom in retaining Fara and his heirs as Stewards to Gondor. Can't wait for Aragorn to announce Fara as Prince of Ithilien! Sweet! :)

Hmm! I've also wondered how Aragorn came to his decision as, if I recall correctly, that is never explained in the books. And I think I have only read that decision process in one fic.

Marvelous! Thank you for the dedication!

Looking forward to the next update!
Deandra chapter 1 . 5/1/2005
Nicely done. You have a tendency to repeat ideas though. Your writing would be a little "tighter" if you cleaned out some of the duplication. (ie. you mention twice that Gondor has waited a thousand years for the King, and more than once that Faramir is willing to serve the new king in any capacity).

You do a good job of showing Faramir's mixed emotions about all of this, too.

I haven't read all of the books yet, so this version of the coronation is new to me. It will be interesting to see what else follows.
52 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4