Reviews for Curse of the Reapers
Lord Rick IV chapter 6 . 10/26/2005
Interesing story. I like the whole empire thing. I can't wait for the next chapter.
Siriusly Odd chapter 1 . 10/23/2005
Well, since I already reviewd chapter six, it wom't let me review again on that one, so I'm reviewing this chapter instead! Your story is SO good, one of the best AUs I've ever read, so keep writing!

The little authors notes are helpful too.

While, I love reading about the Marauders (my fav characters)((by the way I'm ecstatic that you didn't kill them off)) For some reason I like reading about HArry and co. more, which is really strange for me because I usually read and like MWPP stories better.

I really really want lily and james to find out about Harry. Or maybe, like sirius finds out first, or something like that? Maybe they think Harry's apart of Turpin's guards thingy (to lazy to look it up in your story)whos not really Harry, only acting like him? How long are you thinking of waiting? Till Harry's out of school? end of his first year? I know the story would probably be better for the wait, But I can't! hehehe, but don't change it! Your plot is perfect, I'm sure I'll love it when it comes around, about how many chapters do you think this story with be?

Anyways, This story is too good, so I'm boosting your reviews! Hehehehe

Can't wait till chapter seven!
Tawa bids you good day chapter 6 . 10/16/2005
YAY! YAYAYAYAY! You updated! I am so happy.

I cannot figure out why I am enjoying your story so much. I like AUs, but I'm usually more interested in the very-canon ones, not the EXTREMELY-huge-altercation stories. But your story is so well thought out, it is obvious there is a great amount of detail behind the small amount we are seeing, which is great.

I like Harry and Draco's interaction. I really do. You are a very convincing writer, you make each new non-canon trait very believable. And I like the trio, of course. And I LOVE your Harry. At first I was a bit dubious of him, but now...I don't know why, but I just want to hug him.

I am bursting to hear about detention with Riddle. But, I can wait, because my main concern right now is Fred. I am very, very anxious for Fred. I won't say "argh don't kill him!" because I don't want you to change even an inch of your story...but I am scared witless about what is going to happen to him. And poor George! I have only one question - had George already touched the stone before Fred? If he hadn't, my question is, would George have gotten stuck instead of Fred? Or is it Fred, and Fred alone, who could have produced that reaction from the stone?

Seriously, I am loving this story so much. Your writing is clear and fluent, very precise and beautiful without being excessive or unnaturally frivolous. It is wonderful writing to read, especially with the catching little phrases, such as (my favourite this chapter) “the cheeky tone he was using with the man who carved a hunk out of his face”. I am exceedingly jealous of your writing, actually.

As I said before, your characters are wonderfully believable, and quite canon-consistent, despite the changes in their personality. I am not eager to return to Sirius/James/Lily POV because I am enjoying the school life too much. And, as I said…I am desperate to hear news about Fred.

What else can I commend you on? I am so enjoying the strange politics of this world, with the tier system and the brutal laws. Oddly enough, I also liked the McGonagall/Dumbledore scene at the end.

So, now all the fussing is out of the way, I’ll bring in a few minor criticisms. I noticed a lot of your dialogue does not have abbreviations, eg, "With that detention tonight, I did not need any Spell Crafting homework." Possible the “did not” instead of “don’t” was purposeful, and that they speak slightly differently in this AU, but I wasn’t sure, and it was just something that irked me. I also feel you rush things just a tad, although God knows we all do it, it’s nothing to be worried about. But slowing down a little to describe their surroundings would make the writing just that much better.

Can’t think of anything else to complain about.

Once again, I am loving this story. Don’t rush your writing, of course, but I cannot wait for the next chapter. So update soon.

Now, look how long this review is, I have gone completely OTT. Ah well, you deserve a long review.

Cheers,

Tawa
ForeverUsed chapter 6 . 10/12/2005
OMFG ur like an awesome write, no joke. ur vocabulary is like sophisticated, which is rare on and i love it. u set up a very AU world, and i admire it. good job. Update soon!
Siriusly Odd chapter 6 . 10/12/2005
I loved it, can't wait till the next one!
Siriusly Odd chapter 5 . 9/26/2005
While really off canon, I see this thing has a solid plot, and I'm happy about that. This is one of the coolest, thought-out AU's I've ever read, keep it up, I want to find out waht happens next!
Tawa bids you good day chapter 5 . 8/23/2005
Awesome chapter. Not too sure about the whole layout of this world's politics yet, but I still really enjoyed it. The plot for the triodraco isn't progressing awfully fast, but hey, who am I to criticise?

I feel so sad for Derek even though we barely met him! How did you do that? Make me feel sad for someone I didn't really care about? Huh? Huh?

Your A/N on Harry explains a lot. Orphange, aye? I forgot that he would be scarless. And now Malfoy has a scar instead...that's an interesting reversal. Draco still seems too nice. How different was his upbringing in this universe?

Well, great going at any rate.

Cheers,

Tawa
daffodilly chapter 5 . 8/18/2005
I like this fic very much...a creative and well-thought-out AU. It's fun to see how Harry might have turned out without the years of browbeating from the Dursleys.

I'm having troubles reading chapter 2, Orientation, though. I keep getting "URL not found" when I try to go there.
Tawa bids you good day chapter 4 . 8/9/2005
LOVING this story. Odd, but captivating. And I don't have the slightest urge to lecture you about editing and beta-readers, your writing is just great as it is!

Loving Riddle. Loving the caste system. Still a bit confused about the emperor, but I'll get over it. Did I mention loving Riddle?

Wow, this Harry is possibly the biggest optimist in the fanfic. Does he feel anger at ALL? And Hermione...whew! And I thought centaurs were moody!

I was glad to read your note about Harry's sister being a minor plot point. I do my best to tolerate Mary-Sues, but my patience would probably have run out pretty quickly if she'd flounced into the school as the prettiest, smartest girl in class. Thank you!

Poor Lily...I mean it, seriously, that was awful. Well done. Seriously, well done. Please provide more as soon as possible. But for now,

cheers,

Tawa.
MRP1 chapter 2 . 6/6/2005
What happened to chapter 3? I'm sure there was a chapter 3 and I'm sure I read it...

Anyway, love the story so far. You always keep your stories original and yet still having the loved charcters without seeming to far away to have nothing to do with the fandom... If that made any sense... :P

I hope chapter 3 will be back up soon, and a new chapter following it:)
SerendipitiousOne chapter 2 . 5/22/2005
This story has a lot of potential, and I'm looking forward to seeing the kids next chapter (finally).

I enjoyed the weepy angsty stuff, so don't worry about it. As long as the fic is in character, I'm happy.
wolfawaken chapter 2 . 5/12/2005
Excellent! Can not wait for more to come, so update soon
Smoke-Miss-LaLa chapter 2 . 5/8/2005
Interesting, I would like to see where you are going to take this story, i have never read anything quite like this beforei. I enjoy the little world that you have setup and can't wait to see how you evolve it. Great chapter and please update soon!
PolyesterRage chapter 2 . 5/8/2005
Ooh, I like this fic. Normally I don't read AUs, because I find it to be a stupid premise (like, if you're going to write something where everything is different and only the names are the same, why not just change the names and be original?) But this one is neat and interesting. Please, keep writing, and update soon!
137 | « Prev Page 1 .. 6 7 8 9 10 Next »