Reviews for The Hunter and The Prey
EternityRoze262 chapter 23 . 8/12
By the way, reading this chapter while listening to the actual song you had referenced made a bigger impact on the scene (since I'm usually listening to music while reading fan fiction) ;D
Nice choice!

EternityRoze262 chapter 24 . 8/12
Wow O_O What a read this was;;
Well, it was definitely dark and intriguing just as Bryke had thought of the relationship to be xDD I can understand how and why Zuko and Katara were who they were individually as a person, but their whole relationship just felt straight up abusive to be completely honest and viewing it from a third party- Which isn't necessarily bad for the sake of this story since it offers a different storytelling of their relationship. Overall, it was an interesting read and I liked the romance parts when it came up (well, that's what I came for haha)

EternityRoze262 chapter 9 . 8/12
Hey there! Reading this like 10 years after it was published, but I have to say that I admire your commitment and development to this story even before the first season was completed at the time. (Which would explain some of the inaccuracies following the original story, but that is totally okay with me because I understand where your position was)
It's been an interesting read so far, and I enjoy what you've done for the sake of entertainment. I won't bash on areas that could have been improved simply because I'm curious to see how this all plays out with your take on it, and it's just an intriguing read x3 You bring up some nice ideas in your descriptions, so good job with this! Onto to the next chapters!

Created to Write chapter 24 . 8/1
It took me most of the day to realize that Zuko never told her about his scar..
Wait.. if there is a sequel to this sad story, but Katara's dead.. how do they get a happy ending? Or do they not?
Where is Iroh in all of this? I thought he came with.

This was a good story. It doesn't completely follow the tv show, but it's refreshing to see different ways a story could take.
Created to Write chapter 18 . 7/31
I remember that they had messenger hawks, but I keep forgetting that you wrote this when the tv show was fairly new. It's hard to remember at times.

I think the letter was a good call. It shows how much Katara knows him by her translations.
Oh Iroh.. (referring to his quote)
Created to Write chapter 14 . 7/30
I was about to ask where Azula is, but then you pointed out that you were still watching the episodes when you were writing this. So, you wouldn't have known about her yet.
That's okay. She would have complicated things.
Created to Write chapter 13 . 7/30
It's strange that there are just 'horses' in this story. Not that I don't like it. I love it that you put an animal in here that we know of.
Created to Write chapter 12 . 7/30
Wait.. so.. did he get his scar the same way? With your changed reason of exile?
I'm confused..
Created to Write chapter 11 . 7/30
That's not really what they said in the episodes.. but thank you for clearing up how you're changing up his exile. It would be confusing if you didn't.
Created to Write chapter 9 . 7/30
I thought Sokka was injured?
Created to Write chapter 8 . 7/30
Also, I don't think that wood is part of Earth element either. It isn't rock.

I love this story! It has a nice pace, nothing seems like filler.
Created to Write chapter 7 . 7/30
I love your story, but I noticed a few details that didn't make much sense to me..
I thought Fire Nation ships were completely made of metal.
Doesn't Zuko have two swords? You know, dao blades?
Created to Write chapter 2 . 7/30
I understand what a lemon is. But.. what is a lime? (in regard for what you are saying. I know what an actual lime is.)
ShadowJay chapter 2 . 7/29
I change my mind on how forgiving my comment was. This story was, to be blunt, horrifying. This is something you'd find in a criminal minds. Chaining up and repeatedly beating then manipulating someone is in NO way love and I am disgusted and disturbed at the accepting reviews on this. Please delete and end the pollution.
ShadowJay chapter 1 . 7/29
Hi there! You are an absolutely amazing writer, I was very attached to characters and felt as if I was in the avatar world throughout the story. However, I was minutely disgusted at the promotion of abuse throughout the story and how throughout it is considered love. I was so relieved when Zukos physical assaults seemed to lay off, but then you had him brutally hit her, while pregnant. That was the last straw for me. Having katara continue to love and return to an abusive relationship promotes that culture. I know you probably didn't mean to do such a thing, but it most definitely tainted the story and zukos character for me. Speaking of Zuko, I feel that he was very ooc, throughout the show he shows many mercies and proves to never be physically abusive unless in battle, and even then he is very merciful. The whole point of zutara is to pull out the good in zuko, but this story just made me hate a character I adore in the show. I'm a beginning writer and im saying all of this because I always appreciate constructive criticism. The story was amazing, simply not zukos violence. Thanks and much love xx
1,995 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »