Reviews for Silver Harp
Wynja2007 chapter 1 . 8/25/2014
Lovely, just lovely. Have you read the Old English poem 'The Seafarer'? This evokes a similar mood, but it is just beautiful.
Sargent Snarky chapter 1 . 2/4/2007
Beautiful, sad and poignent.

I've always had a fondness for Maglor, so this poem touches all the more... The metaphor is well executed, and the whole thing has flow. Wonderful job.
Elfique chapter 1 . 5/4/2005
dude lovely little piece (and its maglor!) liked the reference to harp strings and methinking they not so literal heh. nice one!
Rhaella chapter 1 . 5/3/2005
Ah, my first review with this new account. _

Very nice poem; I think I would have enjoyed it even had Maglor not been one of my favourites. I like the string metaphor; I haven't seen that used very often.

The last line, "How long before this last string fails?", is probably my favourite. Poor Maglor...
KentonDragonofLightning chapter 1 . 5/3/2005
WOW! This is a very touching poem. I really love the whole thing with the one string and the sadness that is brought with the breaking of all teh other strings. This is possibly one of my favorite poems of yours.

I can't wait till your new story is finished, hope its soon.
taybeah chapter 1 . 5/3/2005
Wow... This is really wonderful.

I love the string metaphor, it was very subtle, but it worked well in the poem. Keep writing!
Evenstar Elanor chapter 1 . 5/2/2005
Oh my.. Hannon le mellon nin! Meleth le Miriel! Platonically, of course.. hehehe Amin meleth Maglor! Probably horrible conjugation there, but whatever.

Wow... this brought tears to my eyes. Great beginning imagery of the Sea that sets it up.

And the greatest metaphor of all: the strings of his harp. the middle three, then the last pair, and now the first.

How long before this last string fails?

You will not fail Maglor, not while I still have strength enough to love you!

"By choice did I isolate myself then

By force am I isolated now"

Poignant lines, beautifully done.

One thing: The silver so tarnished it looks as gold

Don't know if you meant it, but in many cultures, gold is weighed more than silver. Maybe Maglor will find some treasure in his tarnished harp, but then again, Elves love silver more. I would quote Tolkien on that, but I can't exactly, anD i'd hate to wreck the Grand Master's words.

My favorites list.. Hehe. How could you even think of stopping? I'll go through withdrawal, and we all know we don't want that to happen. see what kind of poetry results! (i.e. A Light Not Meant) The world would suffer a great loss, my friend. Tolkien would be turning in his grave! Alright, maybe I won't go THAT far.

Wow this poem was great. It took my mind off my allergies! Hannon le again, mellon nin. Now they're back, dang it.