Reviews for Grief, Deceptions, and Hope for Freedom
forestreject chapter 29 . 9/10
I don't see how Dumbledore can claim all those inheritances. Sounds like the Goblins wouldl throw a tantrum maybe.
stacygrrl2002 chapter 5 . 9/10
Gawd. These people cheat, steal, lie, and connive all based on Dumbles. Hindsight 20/20, on the outside looking in, and having read thousands of these fics, and I still feel Snape and Dumbles and Malfoy (both males), need to be stood up and hung by the neck
projectjay chapter 30 . 8/26
Loved this story I hope you will continue
dhamann7878 chapter 1 . 8/4
sincerely hope that you are still writing and that you possibly will come back to finish this at some point. wonderful story
animal lover13 chapter 30 . 7/25
I absolutely love what you have written so far. I know its been several years since you last updated, but i hope you're able to soon.

Keep writing
dagondawn chapter 30 . 7/15
stupid question, but when are you going to update this story. cause it is really starting to get interesting?
Bronze chapter 20 . 7/11
If you ever read this YOU ARE WRONG ABOUT JUST BEING SUED! After everything he's done and the number of times he's endangered students and stuff for whatever reason, he'd be arrested and tried in likely Federal Court for them. After being convicted, then the law suits would begin.
teedub chapter 30 . 6/14
You've laid a great foundation for a massive, overlapping conspiracies. It's too bad the story has been abandoned. I hope you come back to it some day.
Nanchih chapter 28 . 6/14
Aha! Actually understood the "Page 3 Girl' reference! Not my normal sort of joke, but I'm always interested to catch references.
Runecutter chapter 15 . 6/8
"losing his prefect's badge was what really drew Severus to the Dark Arts"
But he was described as "knowing more Dark Spells than any other student starting Hogwarts"... That does not fit with sixth year "changing everything". (And he already used "Sectumsempra" on James in the memory Harry has just last chapter apologized for snooping into ;))
Runecutter chapter 10 . 6/8
Quite the intriguing setup!
Sad that Lily loses her ONE distinguishing mark (being a muggleborn that still bests all the proud poorbloods around her), but at least it is with a good explanation and a conspiracy that makes sense.
Runecutter chapter 8 . 6/8
Some interesting turns of events, but a lot of what you heap onto Harry feels like unnecessary and overly much help, compared to Harry's usual adventures. Especially when it like "Gryffindor's heir" is such an old and tired cliché, and was already that even in 2005. Not that I feel Harry SHOULD rough it out with a normal, humble tent and all that or that he should have to fight for every single thing he gets to know, but it has grown quickly into an avalance of assets, that makes Harry look like the part of it all that isn#t even necessary to get everything he wants... all is sorted out by others, he just has to stay sitting on the rollercoaster and everything will be fine. No efforts on his side necessary, not much sneakyness or cunning or whatever... I find that sligthly disappointing in a "harry sees through the deceptions" fic.
Runecutter chapter 7 . 6/8
It's actually 1 galleon 8 US-Dollars (5 Pound Sterling) in the early 90es straight from JKRs mouth... (today's course would imply 5 Pound Sterling being roughly 6 Dollars for 2017)
Runecutter chapter 5 . 6/8
Dun dun DUNNN... aaand we're in Denmark and the rotting is going on full speed...
You'd mean after McGonagalls terrible informations over the 3rd year electives and the mockery of a job counselling she gave "this year" they'd at least let Harry have MANDATORY information like that... *sigh*
But well done. Good reasoning and dead pan delivery of this "bonbon". Too bad Harry must think it's shit-flavored.
Runecutter chapter 2 . 6/8
*snicker* Sorry, I'm being silly but I can't help but imagine Harry reading a chapter he needs information from about becoming an animagus and getting annoyed as all the time Hermione tries to peak over his shoulder and every time the book will turn into a "dirty mag" for him too. Your wording was slightly ambiguous in that sense ;)
And of course little miss prim and proper would misunderstand that as him no twanting to be disturbed in lusting after nude girls... or knowing sirius she'd probably see leatherclad gays doing the nasty... and get the wrong impressions :P

The "make sure Dumbles can't throw you into Azkaban" line was chilling... Too sad it sounds just like something that might happen with a manipulative, lying Dumbles.
"Correcto X avec Y"... what language is that supposed to be?
correcto is a falsely formed/ non existent folk etymological variant of "corrigere"... the closest you'll come to that are the forms correctus, correctum and correcti that all require another verb to work fully (like "correctus eram").
The proper first person singular present tense (your average spell uses that as "i am doing this", e.g. "expulso", "reducto" and so on.) is CORRIGO,

Avec on the other side is a FRENCH word. Latin would use "ad" as a word for "towards, into". So your little sentence should read "Corrigo X ad Y" and it would still be kind of stilted and artificial sounding. "changing" would be either Mutaro or Vario.
I'd suggest making it a complete sentence like "Vario tesseram ex 'password' ad 'single key'." ("I change the keyword from password to single key")
1,629 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »