Reviews for Dying Embers
NightPhoenixChan chapter 1 . 3/9/2009
This was brilliantly written! Good characterization all around and the last scene was potent and harsh and I LOVED it! Not to mention that the "Demo Crew", as I call them, are some of my most loved secondary characters (and some of the most underappreciated by others). Thanks for providing this little bit of love for them!
Wolfcrazed9114 chapter 1 . 1/8/2006
This is a really freakin' good fic! Why don't you put up another chapter or two? I love Jinx.
V-chan2k6 chapter 1 . 11/26/2005
Know what...you rock. I am floored at how well you captured these guys. I especially liked how Jinx always was the one to take command every step of the way, and how it was apparent that Grim and Mog looked up to him. And Jak was done awesomely, especially the moment when he noticed something was different. And...I really just loved this far too much. Rock on. Power to the side-characters. *puts story in Favorites*
myeerah chapter 1 . 5/9/2005
Very nicely done. I like the feeling of the piece.

One minor error that grabbed my attention: you use the word "passed" when "past" is appropriate. Understandable mistake, and I only mention it because the improper usage tweaked my attention off the story proper.
Krin chapter 1 . 5/4/2005
Very neat story! Never once does it lose its dark/dank/grimy feel. It was nice to see those three minor characters again!

The beginning was a little confusing. You were alluding to characters for quite a while, and I wasn't sure who. I wasn't able to fully understand and "get into" the story until you gave out names.

So Jinx is mad at Jak for killing Krew? Very interesting. And I liked his line about not going all sparkly. Heheh.
M-python-girl chapter 1 . 5/3/2005
that was. rather serious. it was really good, but, I need something Humorous... I know I'll offer you a challenge. you don't have to do it. but it will be funny... lets see.

'must be humorous'

'Let's Keep Jinx in this one'

'must include a pillow fight'

'All two sided pairings must be homosexual, exludeing Dax/Tess' this means you can have rabid fan girls

'Jak/Torn' baseically neather can be paired with anyone else.

'Torn and Ashlin must be related, and Torn must know' ashlin may or may not.

'This cannot be a sleepover type deal' i figure, pillow fight, might as well make it more Challengeing.

'must have someone have their first drinking experiance'

and that's pretty much it... either completely ignore me, or have fun... if you do it, you can challenge me back.
Red Mage 04 chapter 1 . 5/3/2005
That was interesting. I always wondered why Grim and Mog never made an appearance in the third game, and you've done quite a good job portraying how Jinx might have felt towards his ex-employer.

Keep up the good work
Red Hawk K'sani though not signed in chapter 1 . 5/3/2005
Just, WOW. That was excellent writing. A few grammatical errors, but overall, I was very impressed. Very well done.