Reviews for That He Should Weep
Letter to Miss chapter 1 . 3/7/2011
Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous! Normally I don't rave so much over fanfiction, and I'm rather picky about what I like, but this truly is a lovely tale. Kakashi's unraveling state and his pain and confusion over the loss of Rin is told in a heartbreaking and also nonlinear pattern, and I found his reactions to be completely plausible. The surreality of the experience was done well, too. The beginning reminded me of Eraserhead quite a bit, but I think that was unintentional. I don't really have any suggestions for you but to go out there and write a book.
upandover chapter 1 . 12/19/2010
very nice story
In Darkness Is Light chapter 1 . 2/14/2008
Beautifully written. There are no other words that can properly express my appreciation of this fic. Amazing; perhaps that's another word. Add them to the growing list of praises you must already have.

One thing I've noticed:

[But when he does come, he doesn’t reminiscence or talk or cry.] Did you mean to put reminisce?

Other than that, well you know what? I am rendered speechless. Great fic, great writing, great to read. Brilliant should just about sum it up.
SongoftheDarquePhoenix chapter 1 . 12/24/2007
I love the last line more than anything else. Its so poettic.
Tsukiyomi the Kami chapter 1 . 3/26/2007
This is extremely surreal, but even more so well-written. I adore this- this would be on my favorites if my list wasn't full.
Eldr-Fire chapter 1 . 3/20/2007
If I hadn't been plagued by so many interruptions while reading, I most certainly would have cried.
Aqualoner chapter 1 . 3/19/2007
A beautiful story. It jump around quite a bit but you made it work. I believe that you really captured Kakashi.

-Aqua
fukkafyla chapter 1 . 1/23/2006
This fic gives me the shivers... (the good kind).
wellduh chapter 1 . 11/25/2005
Hey. Hey, wow. Nice.

Creepy and realistic, and I really love the outside perspective of Kakashi. It's not the usual junk-angst. It's really well done. Good work.
ElasticBobaTurtle chapter 1 . 7/30/2005
Wow.

The language was so utterly beautiful that it was nearly beyond my feeble comprehension. That was intense, hardcore stuff.

The style in which you wrote it was so eloquent, so poetic, breath-taking. The last sentence nailed it, like WHAm.

I'm in a daze.
HatakeKakashi22 chapter 1 . 5/20/2005
wow...just...wow... that was really good...this is prolly the best kakashi fic i have ever read... dang...*is amazed at the goodness of the fic*
kimi no vanilla chapter 1 . 5/8/2005
I would never have guessed Rin was supposed to have been killed by Itachi if you hadn't mentioned it in the author's note, but it's entirely possible I was just too busy staring at the screen with my mouth open.

My GOD. I bow to your Kakashi-writing skills.

The last scene is just...

There are no words. None.

This was so starkly, heartbreakingly beautiful.
Aurani chapter 1 . 5/7/2005
This is not just another angst fic.

It isn't limited by any sense of frivolity that might seep in because of its association with a children's television series. Somehow, it has managed to rise out of the shortcomings of fanfiction and fit within a series of snapshots a lifetime of emotion.

Even serious fanfiction writers bow to couplings or weak plot devices to make their stories "interesting." But you've used /anime characters/ to explored a facet of the human condition.

Also, you... write, not like me, not like too many other people with a whole lot of BLAH with little to no meaning. You don't ignore the asthetics of words and focus solely on the impact either. You somehow integrate the two, and the result... is difficult for me to describe. My command of language is inadequate.

Um. Yeah. I am beyond impressed; I think this is awe. This is more to say I want to thank you for this (and I cannot express enough how much I appreciate this) because I am so glad to have read something so eloquent and beautiful moreso than to imply that my "approval" has any real authority.
Chevira Lowe chapter 1 . 5/7/2005
Oh...my. ...

...That last part *really* pulled it all together. The abrupt change in the style, and the POETRY oh my god, it read like something out of some famous novel somewhere (blanking on names or titles, as like, *wow*) and everything just...flowed so well and so beautifully and just...wow.

But...I keep going back to that last part. The sheer poeticism of it absolutely blows my mind. I didn't think it was possible for anyone to write so beautifully. But then, I should have remembered, this is UE we're talking about.

Loves you, hon. Thanks so much for the story, it's absolutely *gorgeous* and I'll treasure it forever and ever and ever. And stuff. *snugs, luffs*
Kilerkki chapter 1 . 5/5/2005
Excellent job with this fic. I loved the blending of time and speaker; it's a technique that's very hard to pull off but worked well to describe Kakashi's tormented thoughts. In fact, there were a lot of things I loved: the epigram, the first line, Sakumo's lecture on dogs and responsibility, the whole scene/introspection at the memorial...

I confess that I didn't get the whole "Itachi-killed-Rin" thing until after reading the note at the end and then rereading the story twice. But it was worth a reread, so...

Good job!