Reviews for As Golden Leaves Upon the Sea
swanofakind chapter 3 . 6/7/2005
"Currently, my lady, I enjoy vexing you." *laughs uncontrollably* I love it! Can't wait for more. D
Nonce chapter 3 . 6/6/2005
Not one to hold back her opinions, is she? Much more entertaining than some Fins I've read & an interesting challenge for the Steward's son.
Nonce chapter 2 . 5/18/2005
I love this tale so far, and I'm thoroughly enjoying your writing. The subject matter can't be beat - it's nice to see Denethor in his own story once in a while. Looking forward to the update.
swanofakind chapter 2 . 5/18/2005
I'm grinning from ear to ear...can't wait for more!

(Typos: "There was a long-standing friendly rivalry between the fleet and the calvary, which had given cause *forno* small bit of pride *for* Imrahil’s fellow riders..." forno I'm guessing should be for no and "amongst Imrahil's..." instead of "for Imrahil's" is the more correct usage here.)
Lilan chapter 1 . 5/18/2005
Hello,

just a note to say I enjoyed reading your story and am a little in awe of how well you describe the council meeting. I have problems with writing about such procedures and so bring my stories to very private things, which is probably rather primitive.

I am not sure though if Finduilas would be permitted to attend the council, much less speak out in the manner she did. But then, it's your universe, and you have a right to make them the way you like.

May I join Denethor's Angel's request for a non-maniacal Denethor in the story?

Anyway, I am going to read this fic, because it seems a quality work and nice to read at the same time. Will click on the Story Alert box in a second!

Regards,

Lilan
Captain Pagie chapter 2 . 5/17/2005
LoL! This was great! I love it! Keep going, I especially like it in the first chapt. when she was making fun of him, and he walked in, that was great. And in this one when she was 'convinced of a mass male conspiracy' That's great. I like this Finduilas.

Rock on!

LiL Pippin Padfoot

*Representin' Class of 2oo5:

Rip, Chelly, Fake Bake, Daisy Duke, Aubs, Crunk, Guppie, Kumquat, and Rasheed.**Best class ever**
swanofakind chapter 1 . 5/6/2005
Absolutely hillarious! I am so disappointed there isn't more of this to read at the moment.

I eagerly await more...this is brilliant so far!

God bless and write on, Sara.
Loremaster of Anorien chapter 1 . 5/6/2005
I love it! I've never seen a Finduilas like this. Frankly, I've seen few humorous Denethor/Finduilas romances. Heck, I don't see many Denethor/Finduilas romances period. I happen to be a D/F romance writer. (Not that I'm shamelessly plugging or anything :) )

A couple of nitpicks.

Um, there are quite a few typos:

gitted-gritted

dully-duly (I think.)

precsense-presence

earfull-earful

etc.

I still love it! It's hilarious!

Namarie!

Loremaster
Denethor's Angel chapter 1 . 5/5/2005
Interesting!

I hope it's not an evil Denethor story? Cause, I would really enjoy a funny, sexy courtship story about Finduilas and Denethor... There are so few of those.

Update soon!
Katieelessar chapter 1 . 5/5/2005
I like the way this story is going. Finduilas is very differently potrayed than I would have thought of her. I like the way she and her brother argue with each other, like true siblings. I have never seen a Finduilas potrayed like this, especially when encounters Denethor. He reaction was differently than I would have imagined it.

I have enjoyed this story and I urge you to please continue it!

Earnestly,
the green lama chapter 1 . 5/4/2005
This sound good so far. I love the character of Finduilas and Imrahil-they fight like a true brother and sister! Please continue!