Reviews for Wolf of Maharz
The Odd Little Turtle chapter 1 . 3/18/2008
Wow. Liked this one too. I hope you update soon!

The Odd Little Turtle Named Froggie
Karri chapter 1 . 1/19/2006
Very entertaining! Nice characterization (mostly, Phoenix was a little weak) and beautifully written. :-)
Katzztar chapter 1 . 6/10/2005
I enjoyed this. I loved the Cross-Time Caper story line. My absolute favorite of those stories was on the world with two moons, LOckheed the Great's homeworld.

I liked that Kitty (and Rachel) were made members of the Dragonic clans and recognized as warriors when Kitty defeated the cook.

I still remember that line that stated that no one really liked the cook anyway :D

I remember that they stayed true to Kitty not being so innocent when Kitty killed that priestess that was serving teh monster that was draining the world of it's magic.

I liked that the two Lockheeds both liked Kitty. It seemed to me that big Lockeed had a crush on Kitty.

I've often wondered what would have happened if they

stayed in that dimension.

I hope you add more.
LLL-LevitzRules chapter 1 . 5/8/2005
Very Enjoyable. Your stories are treats, as usual.

It takes a brave writer to return us to the era of Lovesick Kitty before she gained confidence as a young woman as well as a hero. I hope we will see glimpses of the soul you do such a good job of portraying in your writing.
Amokitty chapter 1 . 5/5/2005
This story has all the imagery one would find in reading King Kull, John Carter, or even Claremont’s own ‘Marada the She-Wolf’. How could one not get caught up in this?

Definitely want to see more of Mad Volk. There’s a lot of complexity to this character already and I’m eager to see the dynamics between him and Kitty, and what Alistaire and Lockheed must think of it. What intrigues me is that Kitty seems put off by Volk - not too dissimilar to her first reaction in meeting Pete Wisdom. Let the sparks fly!

I love stories with swash and buckle, and daring deeds! All you need now is a painted cover by Frank Frazetta or Boris Vallejo, and you’re all set! ;)
Madripoor Rose chapter 1 . 5/5/2005
Ooh. Old fashioned high fantasy adventure, huh? Never read Excalibur so not familiar with the canon source material, but this looks intriguing.
Harry2 chapter 1 . 5/5/2005
I remember the cross dimensional trips that Excalibur did in the original series via Widget. There were some interesting adventures, including one where Kitty became a vampiress! I hope you will continue this series. I would love to see the analog versions of Brian Braddock, Megan, and Kurt Wagner in this world or other worlds as well.
Lia Fail chapter 1 . 5/4/2005
An incredible job as always, Jeremy. This story would make Howard proud.

'Wolf of Maharz' has great action, followed by wonderful, illustrative description and a firm grasp on the characters during that period of X-history. You portrayed the 616’ers perfectly, from Alistaire’s scientific curiosity of Lockheed the Great to Kitty trying to impress the older Brit. It’ll be interesting to see her crush on him is still as strong now that a dimensional counterpart of Peter is in the mix.

Mad Volk is shaping into an excellent character. He’s much darker and aggressive in comparison to 616 Colossus, but his negative aspects are balanced by the following bits of dialogue or narration. His back story and his reason for fighting make him sympathetic, and parts of the narration hint that there’s much more to him than just a vicious exterior, without making him seem soft or any less dangerous.

I like that Kitty is none too fond of him in the beginning; it gives the possibility of a very different dynamic between the two. I’m looking very forward to seeing how they interact with one another on their journey to find Brian, Meggan and Kurt.

I think I told you when you first mentioned this story that I had always wanted to see an analogue of Peter come across Kitty in the Cross Time Caper (as opposed to a sniveling little prince or someone equally as annoying) so in writing this you’ve put a huge smile on my face. Of course, that’s something you’ve always had quite a knack for.

Oh, and as for Peter wearing a loin cloth- well, you know how I feel about that. :)