Reviews for Promise
Twylight Elf chapter 1 . 12/11/2005
I love your style! Very beautiful :)
Otto's Goat chapter 1 . 5/25/2005
Vana, too clever by far, really. Promises, promises, promises...(!)

And they're real, both of hthem, without having said anything, and exactly as I would imagine them. Lovely; lovely and bitter.
The Bookbinder's Daughter chapter 1 . 5/18/2005
"...the promise (ah!

such promises as these invincible children make!)

was of passion unending, and of fire,

and great deeds and wonderful, and yet love..."

It seems very fitting that FĂ«anor's proposal would focus on himself - on *his* 'passion unending', and not on Nerdanel as its object - quite in-character, and strangely, still something that I could see Nerdanel accepting. It's a lovely poem, and the formatting is a clever touch.
Unsung Heroine chapter 1 . 5/9/2005
Oh, I see, I han't reviewed yet. I think this pictures their whole relationship nicely. Nothing to add. Despite the fact I applaud you for fitting so much into so little words. I admire that!
RavenLady chapter 1 . 5/7/2005
"and flushed as his cheek - the promise (ah!

such promises as these invincible children make!)"

We don't see Feanor blushing very often. *grin*

I don't know if you intended the bit about promises as foreshadowing, but it's a nice touch.

I love the way this looks. Turn it around and it looks like a flower, appropriately enough. As always, what you can do without rhyme amazes me. Beautiful and bittersweet.
perelleth chapter 1 . 5/5/2005
It's..cute! It sounds like those songs children sing when playing.. or maybe something a melancholic maia would compose to mourn times long past.. it has this quality of distant! Lovely. And I liked the graphic part, too, the crescendo to the peak of his offering, and then the coming down to a single word: sorrow. Poor Nerdanel, indeed. How's that called? Visual poetry? congrats, this is quite original!
Evenstar Elanor chapter 1 . 5/4/2005
Interesting. Not really a poem, but I like your take of the relationship, how she knew he would bring her unprecedented sorrow, but loved him anyway. Nice, like all your work.
Tarion Anarore chapter 1 . 5/4/2005
Wonderful! I especially like the last stanza.
Eruannath chapter 1 . 5/4/2005
Aw... It's so beautiful! Makes me want to draw this particular scene :)