Reviews for Descending Dreams
easilyaddictedgirl chapter 39 . 11/19
Forgive me for my previous one sentence reviews, you deserve much better than that. I favorably enjoyed this phic for it's general wonderfulness. Well, you captured me in your summary and I was fairly hooked all throughout. Thank you for writing this and making this an addition to the list of great E/C phics out there.

Job well done!

PS. I'm sorry but I'm too lazy to leave a proper review to your other phics but I want you to know that I loved them as much.
easilyaddictedgirl chapter 32 . 11/18
Oh my gawd, I swear that Erik is smooth af.
easilyaddictedgirl chapter 30 . 11/18
Erik is smooth af.
Child of Music and Dreams chapter 26 . 9/3
(sighs blissfully)
Oh, I absolutely ADORE that song...
Rupert Bear chapter 39 . 2/7/2014
I enjoyed your story, it's well written. Thank you for sharing it.
Anon chapter 6 . 3/26/2013
Just wanted to drop by and say I'm enjoying your story so far!

The one major thing that gripes me though is Erik not at all being bothered by the "several hand-carved decorations" on the violin. Anyone who knows the value of a violin will NEVER EVER decorate it! It ruins the tonal quality of the instrument! This kind of thing horrifies the musician in me. I would cry if I saw a beautiful instrument "carved" in any way. It wouldn't matter if da Vinci himself carved his magnum opus on my violin. It would reduce a beautiful instrument to a decorative piece of wood.
Miss Rune chapter 39 . 6/12/2012
This story had me close to tears, laughing,cursing your cliffhangers and angst scenes and crying with joy. :) Probably best ChristinexErik fic on this site!
shadowphantomness chapter 13 . 4/12/2012
No engagement ring! Ohohoho! I like how Erik and Christine both daydream in their own ways. Erik is the eighth wonder of the world!
shadowphantomness chapter 12 . 4/12/2012
Lovely~ I suppose it is quite plucky of Christine to play that she's engaged to Raoul. I love your description of exotic Persia and the spider-web like curtains. And Erik has seen her! ... And then she fainted. Well, onto the next chapter!
shadowphantomness chapter 10 . 4/9/2012
I like how you portray Christine as definitely more than spineless and empty-brained and I wouldn't mind bookworm Christine. I feel a little worried about what game she is playing with Raoul (a pretend engagement, perhaps?).
shadowphantomness chapter 9 . 4/9/2012
So Christine and Raoul meet once again and are off to a good start. More potential conflict! Are they off to Persia now?
shadowphantomness chapter 8 . 4/9/2012
This ought to be sad, but all I feel is like singing 'ding-dong, the bitch is dead' towards Luciana. Yes, I know it wasn't Erik's fault, and I certainly don't blame him. And she just faked being humble to get him to take off his mask and lost her temper when he did not, so I do not blame him for losing his!

Thankfully, Christine is there to comfort and console him, and offer him her friendship and love despite the trouble. I hope they meet again soon!
shadowphantomness chapter 7 . 4/9/2012
I wish I could say I was surprised, but I'm not. The events were leading up to this - eventually, someone would tell Christine about Erik's mask and his monster face.

Go Christine for having a spine and standing up to your teacher and telling him that his face does not matter already, so get over it! And she loves him! She said it! I'm so glad he could hear that at least once.

And I know that this follows Kay, but oh, Luciana, you are a horrid little girl and even if you don't deserve death, you certainly deserve suffering for your stupidity and cruelty! How dare you throw a temper tantrum and break his gadgets!

It was kind of Giovanni to give Erik his compass and try to help him, although getting him drunk might not have been the best thing to do...
shadowphantomness chapter 6 . 4/9/2012
Oh dear. Disaster is on the horizon, what with Luciana trying to learn how to cook, and Christine getting lessons from Erik.

I don't blame Erik for not wanting to put up with Luciana because she is in love with an image of him and the reality is going to shock her.

It was so kind of Christine to give Erik her father's violin and call him her Angel of Music! I like the way you interpreted the music lesson and oh, Erik, I hope your love for Christine will eventually be requited. Erik's playing is beautiful, and I'm certain his singing was lovely too.
shadowphantomness chapter 5 . 4/9/2012
I confess that I still find it very difficult to warm up to Luciana. She's demanding and yes, she is a total brat. I sympathize with Christine for having to put up with him, and with Erik for having her presence forced upon him. Beauty is not enough. She needs a brain, or not having that, she needs to grow up and see that she has to give him what he wants before demanding what she wants from him. Erik is the type of person that needs careful handling, after all...