Reviews for Lessons
00-night-eyes-00 chapter 3 . 1/3
love it
Fi Suki Saki chapter 3 . 4/28/2013
I wonder, if I could meet someone like Charlie and become his student, will I understand Math or actually more dislike it...
I don't really like math after all... and agreed, smart person doesn't mean can be able to teach someone.

But I really agree that Charlie capable to teach! His explanation can be catch by his students and some of his friends. And he's very nice teacher! He's a great professor of math!

But I knew the feeling when someone talking bad about ourselve. And when it make sense, will make us down.

Poor Charlie...
But I'm glad it turned out well. Helped by his family, friend, and students was a good idea!

Awesome!
Cutter12 chapter 3 . 1/7/2012
I enjoyed reading your story and I am quite pleased that Charlie took the high road when he finally was able to confront Kyle. (me, being less moral fiber, probably would have flunked him out of my class. Good thing I'm not a teacher.) Boy, the things you guys have to put up with.
Also a teacher chapter 3 . 4/21/2008
I'm a teacher too so I can -absolutely- relate. If there's a sea of star pupils and just one bad egg, it will bother me for weeks and weeks. As teachers we (or at least I) are perfectionists in the way that all our students must be completely successful and content with the curriculum or we feel as though we've done something wrong.

It's been a rough road, but I've learned that we cannot discount our worthy pupils for a mere handful or less of bad-minded trouble-makers who aren't willing to try, to learn, and to follow simple guidelines and rules. It's not worth the stress of worrying about someone who only wants to create mischief. Do your job to the best of your ability and the truth will always come out in the end.

*blessings*

Mrs. D
TasteinMenandWomen chapter 3 . 8/14/2007
Don't know why you would expect flames, but this was a great story.
Charlie Quill chapter 3 . 1/21/2006
Oh geez, that's such a depressingly familiar situation, though. I mean seriously, folks. Let's grow up a little, huh? Oy vay. Anyway, back on topic. EXCELLENT fic! (Again, ha)

_

CQ
mouse8 chapter 3 . 12/13/2005
I'm not sure why you expect flames. This is a beautifully written story that will resonate with any teacher and the family support will resonate with any Numb3ers fan!
Elli chapter 3 . 9/18/2005
You really made me connect with this, right through the story I kept thinking, 'Charlie just face the kid, he doesn't know what he's talking about' and it was great to see how you resolved it. Having a similar experience just recently (was told, on the side by a Vice Principle that some students complained about my classes being uncontroled, though he didn't say which class, gave me no chance to defend myself) I really felt drawn to Charlie's situation, its terrible being told you aren't doing your job, even more so when you don't get a chance to defend your self, you wrote this so true to real life experiences. In fact your story made me feel a little better about my own situation..so thanks for sharing, and sorry for going off topic.
Bloodsuckers37 chapter 3 . 6/3/2005
Just like all of your stories, I loved it! I have to tell you that I have had similar experiences when I was a TA in college. It's inevitable-you will have 3 kinds of students those that love you, those that hate you, and those that are indifferent. And I did take more from those in the middle because they were more constructive. Those that tended to hate me are those that didn't try and were getting lower grades from me. They would say that I wasn't available but they had an email address and phone number to contact me and I told them to call me at any time. Some would arrange for meetings and never show. Those that were doing poorly, I would ask them to meet with me (in a face to face kind of confrontation) and they would never make the effort. Those that did meet with me, would then understand how my mind worked and then their grades would improve greatly. I always talked to the professor about the problematic students, often before they got the chance and I think that that was too my advantage. Reading some of the reviews, in medical school, there have been times where people would make me feel like I could never be a doctor. I don't have the personality to take care of patients and that I would never be a good doctor. You have no idea how much it hurt until I finally took my Mary Kay consultants advice to heart and dropped them. I have never been happier. Nonetheless, I still need the encouragement from my best friend to tell me that I am going to be a good doctor because every once in awhile, people really make me doubt myself. Anyway, the point is that I really relate to Charlie. I have been there and done that. Thanks for sharing!
Alamo Girl chapter 3 . 5/12/2005
A wonderful ending. I don't see any need in worrying about flames, I can perfectly see how a situation lke this would devistate Charlie. And, to some extent, I can understand the one line Kyle said, "We'd feel dumb, in the presence of a genius."

To some extent, I can see where relating to Charlie would be hard, for those of us who grew up regularlives, in regular schools, and have average IQs. But that doesn't mean I wouldn't love the oportunity to get to know him, and see his beautiful mind in action. I may not understand everything about him-but its no less a beautiful presence to be in.

Wonderful job! I love it, as always!

Alamo Girl
Alamo Girl chapter 2 . 5/12/2005
Oh GUH! Another wonderful insight into Charlie. Teaching is his element, its where he belongs. So having a student , who he thought was really garnering things from his class, turn on him and say things like that...would shatter him!

The emotions you get from Charlie over believeing this kid are extrodinary. I really think he would react like that if something like this came up. It would aslo kind of lead back to his child hood days, of being seen as a freak, not fitting in. It would just now be hitting him as an adult, in his teaching field. And that would be horrific for Charlie.

I love the interaction with Don in the garage..beautiful and heart felt.

I taught for a while too, so I can identify with some of this-but mostly, I know how this would affect Charlie, and that's why I love this so.
kithara1013 chapter 3 . 5/5/2005
I liked it. Being an education student, I can see how this would upset Charlie and definately see how this situation could arise. However I thought Charlie's reaction was a little over the top. Yes I can see that he'd be really worried since teaching is his job. He is very enthusiastic about it. But I don't know if he'd break down so much. I guess I reserve PvsNP for big things like Don getting shot or Alan seriously sick or something like that. But it was very well written and a good story. Thanks for sharing
mshoey chapter 3 . 5/5/2005
Wow. I am a teacher also and I have had a very similar experience happen to me too! I can't believe how emotional it was. I usually get really good evaluations from students but there was one that I got which was just brutal and it depressed me for days. I have always felt I tried very hard to be accessible and open to students so this evaluation was devastating. So I really identified with Charlie in your story. Here's what a mentor professor told me once regarding evaluations. Throw out the high and the low and use the middle as a guide to improve.

Thanks for the story! I'm glad to read stories about Charlie's academic pursuits outside of the FBI. It's good to see his life separate from that.
Jessica chapter 3 . 5/5/2005
First I want to say thank you to you for being a teacher. Growning up, they were litaraly my only friends.

Second, I love your story. It's very well written. They say you should write about things you know so this is the perfect example of that.

Keep up the good work, and know that you do have real friends by your side.
nebbyJen chapter 3 . 5/5/2005
A thoroughly enjoyable and well written fic.