Reviews for To Understand
Marirose Bernal chapter 1 . 6/18/2014
Powerful. Disturbing
Dark Kuno chapter 1 . 3/20/2010
As a nominee and/or winner for "Favorite Melodrama" and "Favorite Supernatural or Fantasy Horror" in the 2005 Daria Fanworks Awards (aka "the Booties"), this work has bee added to the Best of Daria Fan Fiction Community here on FanFictionNet.

Feel free to check out, and possibly subscribe to, the community. You may also wish to visit Outpost Daria, The Paperpusher's Message Board (a forum for Daria fanfiction and art) and/or DariaWiki for more Daria fan fiction & art, as well as information on the Daria Fanworks Awards.
Caramello Kennedy chapter 1 . 3/24/2009
haha that was funny
Philipa Aleshre chapter 1 . 10/5/2006
This is definitely going to my favorites. Wow. You did such a great fic.

I loved how you kind of combined the spiritual beings that had power over the simple humans who are nothing compared to them. I loved Quinn's guardin angel, how he tried to save he from the whatever-the-hell-it-was, and how he knew her so well.

And Daria. I also liked how you wrote here. Because we were never able to "enter" to her mind, so we never knew what she was exactly thinking. I liked when she was hopeful about the whole "ake Quinn understands you" process. I loved this: "Maybe Quinn’ll be more understanding. Maybe we’ll find some common ground. Maybe we’ll actually start to be friends."... and then just returning to the Daria we know and love: "Maybe I’m still talking to myself too much.".

At first I thought Quinn was writing something stupid about fashion... I don't know, I didn't think a lot about her writing, so the note really surprised me, and how truth it was. I could feel her pain, and how her family didn't seem to pay attention to her. And how she said that Darie was the one who hurted her most. God.

And the last scene was creepy but marvelous! Daria being scared, and then finding Quinn in that state, hearing all the voices in her head. Well, the voice of the woman she met the night before. And then, God, the greatest part: "It wasn't until her parents burst though the door, screaming at the sight of Quinn that Daria realized the maniacal high-pitched laughter was her own." GOD! Great! Simply amazing! I couldn't believed it when I read it, I was just staring at the screen with my mouth opened. I'm still kind of shocked.

Great job. AN AMAZING ONE! Incredible fic. Loved it.

Bye! I hope you keep like this! Keep writing!

Ivanna
QueenofPotatoes chapter 1 . 6/1/2005
Wow...Very phsycological, very dark. Incredible story, well written and a VERY good plot and theme. Reading it sent shivers down my spine, and it takes a lot to do that. Amazing job.
E. A. Smith chapter 1 . 5/7/2005
Excellent work. I wish I had read this when you were serializing it at PPMB, but I was a bit overwhelmed by other things at the time. It may be, as some have noted, confusing at first, but it all makes sense at the end, and that's all that matters. Fascinating look at the difference between the two sisters, and at why it may be the best thing after all for Quinn to lack some of Daria's depth and self-realization.
Instant Orange chapter 1 . 5/7/2005
Oh wow. D I'm really impressed.
psychotol chapter 1 . 5/6/2005
Daria: stops laughing, sighs, looking tense "Okay, what happened was, this ghost offered to let Quinn know how it felt to be me, but I wasn't sure it wouldn't do something else too, so I didn't agree, but it said I had given it what it needed, I have no idea what it was talking about, but it went and, this is never going to work, is it?"

Jake and Helen: shake their heads.

Very nice.