Reviews for Only Forever
FrancesOsgood chapter 21 . 12/28/2013
Wonderful! I enjoyed this so much. It's so well-written and a very interesting joining of the two stories. This one is going into my Favorites!

Fanny
FrancesOsgood chapter 13 . 12/27/2013
Oh my, they really are two peas in a pod, aren't they? :)
FrancesOsgood chapter 1 . 12/27/2013
You had me at PotO and Labyrinth, but now I'm really hooked.
Aerieada chapter 21 . 5/1/2012
Your detached, yet poignant, style is wonderful. I loved the way you built your own creation on top of the premises given by the original story. Lovely, engaging, worthwhile read.
Aerieada chapter 21 . 5/1/2012
Penguinfoxy chapter 21 . 9/6/2011
Usually the only reason I go on is to read stories that feature my favorite pairings. There are many authors on this site that can write well for a pairing without necessarily being an exceptional author. Your story was one of the best stories I have ever read on because it kept me enthralled and made me think. This was done without a happy Jareth/Sarah ending or whatnot. It simply did not need a pairing to back it up. This story reminded me of great novels and literature; such as Alice in Wonderland, or Abarat by Clive Barker. Thank you so much for this great crossover story, and keep writing.
Phoenix chapter 21 . 12/2/2010
Hey, I just wanted to tell you what an amazing story this is. You kept the characters true to themselves. I almost felt that they were standing next to me, telling me the story themselves. Your attention to detail is also admirable. You are a very talented writer.
Pen Against Sword chapter 21 . 11/21/2010
Ho-leeee crap, that was awesome.

Never in a million years would I have thought of a Phantom/Labyrinth crossover, and never would I have pictured it turning out so well. You did a wonderful job with this, and my reading it was two hours very well spent.

You have a fantastic, whimsical, very unique writing style, and I highly enjoyed all the little quirks. I enjoyed, especially, the Erik/Sarah dynamic that replaced the Hoggle/Sarah progression from the movie, and all the little touches that were very uniquely your style-such as Ludo being a man/beast triggered by the word "it."

Your wordings (Jareth's love of a good laugh only trumped by someone being set on fire, Erik's eyes "blazing" as he smashes the clock, his kiss being a good luck charm to her) all made me read them over two or three times just to soak in, and I believe that's really the mark of a good writer. You have thoroughly impressed me, and I will probably leave you this review only to prance off to tell all my friends which way to go to read your fic.

Happy writings, and thanks so much for the lovely read.
A Mistake chapter 21 . 8/4/2010
Certainly the story itself is an ingeniously constructed labyrinth on its own. I came reading with a Jareth-Sarah, Erik-Christine bent, inevitable from all the stories I've read. Somewhere along, it ceased being just a _story_. It's suddenly a chapter in Sarah's steps towards maturity; a record of Erik's struggle in the face of an adversity he knew he cannot win against with normal means. It's no longer a story but a life-Sarah's growth through the labyrinth; Erik's fight, though with what even we could never see. Is it Jareth? Is it himself?

When it is no longer a story (with plots, with protagonists, antagonists and morals), the possibilities suddenly became endless. The characters are suddenly people, with free will. Anything can happen. Thus it was at that liberating point that my mind fractures itself. One fragment starts whispering treasonous thoughts that Erik-Sarah is so, very, reasonable, even as some other pieces yelled shrilly for JS and EC. More importantly, a greater shard above it all suddenly decides that it doesn't matter. It's not a Story, after all, it's a Life. It's Sarah's, Erik's, Christine's and Jareth's Life that it merely happened to be reading. You're not going to hate your best friend just because they ended up dating Charles instead of Bob or Albert; just as long as they're happy. It was the same sort of epiphany that hits then.

Then, the ending happened. Actually, I was pretty much prepared for anything as long as it was well-written, and the last chapter did not disappoint. Sarah won Toby back, her will truly as strong as she said it. But unsaid and unseen is the new wisdom in her eyes, the understanding that life isn't fair (well, maybe that's not what she's thinking, but that's certainly what I'd be thinking if I were in her place and had to see Erik pull Christine close to him, after all they've been through). And then there's Erik. It would be a lie to say that there's no space in his heart for Sarah after all that, it's just that there's Christine and...

Choices, choices. Erik made his, with reasons we could guess, and which might or might not be right. Well, I suppose he's had enough heartbreak to last a lifetime-why take the stranger path? Better the devil you know, they say, but we can never know for sure. To grow up, to be an adult is to make choices, to be forced to take a path and leave the others even when one would rather not have to choose, and hence stay guiltless and pure. Sarah made hers too, when she walked away from a love that would own her completely and leave her Toby-less.

Even the ingenious line said by Turnabout "In the new world order, remember me" could spawn a horde of possible futures (My head did have a long argument with itself at that). What does it mean? Does it mean that Erik would take Jareth's throne upon beating him, as it was he and Sarah together who defeated the Goblin King? Why would he need to be Goblin King, anyway? Would Sarah be the Goblin Queen? Would it be the combined, ES alternative? So many things that it could have mean that it was quite distracting-and that wasn't the only line with that effect.

All in all, it was a wonderful ride to the Underground, even if it wasn't always nice (but as Pratchett says in Maskerade, no one ever said the Lords and Ladies are Nice).

Of course, there's the chances my brain got high on Sophie's World and is seeing everything through skewed glasses. In that case, I apologize for the brief moment of insanity.

But of course, I can't help saying one more thing: Write more crazy stories, please?
Pine Needles chapter 1 . 3/23/2010
Reads like watching the movie.
Emily chapter 21 . 12/31/2009
Beautiful! I loved it :)
Blonde-Existentialist chapter 21 . 12/5/2009
So this was overall quite a lovely story. I liked that you kept the basic outline and feel of the labyrinth, but made huge changes to various scenarios and characters that appeared. It could have been drawn out into quite a long and complex narrative, but rather was very lyrical and musical in nature and feel. Great mix and quite a pleasent ending!
ReaderinthePNW chapter 21 . 8/24/2009
Absolutely amazing! Thanks for writing such a brilliant story! Marvelous!
Trickstaanne chapter 21 . 8/12/2009
I find it adorable that Jareth would get jealous over Sarah XD Well, he would obviously...but it's just adorable I kind of wish he was in the story more though. And that Sarah would've met him more y'know XD

It was a nice read
UmbriFiica chapter 21 . 6/4/2009
Wow. Basically, I would just like to say you rock. Skillful blending of two wonderful stories-I love the twists on the original.