Reviews for Regrets
HalfwayDecentFanfiction chapter 1 . 4/3/2014
This was great! I really love classics slash! Keep it up!
treenearthewater chapter 1 . 2/15/2012
Thank you for this. I was really wanting some Carton/Darnay (even if only hinted), and this was perfect. Please do write more!
Wolfish-Insanity chapter 1 . 1/7/2009
I am on page 92 of A Tale of Two Cities, and the moment Sydney was described, even before we learned his name, I knew he was going to be my favorite character. By the next chapter, I knew I would be slashing him with Charles. I'm surprised my English teacher hasn't shot me yet. I did the same thing with A Separate Peace and The Chosen.

This is very well written, and it doesn't seem OOC to me. It really seems like what could have gone through Sydney's head the night before the execution. [Stupidly, I read the synopsis of the book when I was on page 5. Ruined it for myself. I am sad.] I love the subtle slashy undertones. I really feel like Sydney loves Charles, but he doesn't realize it at. all. He misunderstands the love as hate. But, of course, I am only on page 92. I hope you have/write more stories for this novel. :D
Princess dogooder chapter 1 . 10/29/2008
A better man indeed because of the way you wrote him
fleeting.ideas chapter 1 . 3/2/2008
First of all, let me say that I disagree a little with your impression of Sydney's feelings for Darnay. I think that underneath it all there certainly is a fondness, but I'm a sucker for the self-sacrificer and more so am almost in love with Carton so I kind of... spritz him up in my mind.

Secondly, your mention of footsteps is a stoke of genius- perfect for a Tale of Two Cities.

And if I may cast the slightest blemish, I believe it would be longer then 5 years, since Little Lucie is closer to 10ish while in France. And we aren't given a date for the departed boy, right? But I'm not sure (I have a lot of trouble with time lines like that, correct me if I'm wrong).

but good job, one of the best TTC fanfiction I've read (they seem to be as a whole deeply lacking, making yours all the more of a treat) :]
Crystal Haze chapter 1 . 9/12/2007
Very nice! I never considered Carton and Darnay as a possible pairing, but now you mention it, they're perfect together! And really good idea, btw. :D
Legwarmers chapter 1 . 5/28/2006
Good job! I hate Lucie too; she really annoys me. Never liked Tale of Two Cities, but this (Regrets) is interesting.
wild wolf free17 chapter 1 . 4/22/2006
Stunning.
Reakain chapter 1 . 3/11/2006
Ah, so pleased am I to see I am not the only one who finds themselves thinking of the could-have-been shounen-ai. And don't worry, you aren't the only one to write fiction about assigned reading.
Sarah chapter 1 . 12/3/2005
You have no idea how much I adore you right now. Seriously.

Homg. I love Darnay/Carton and this was just so well-written, and everything was subtle, the way I like it.

Which isn't to say I don't like it completely blatant, ahem, so I would very much *like* to see this margin-full binder of yours :P

xoxo
StatlerWaldorf chapter 1 . 11/23/2005
That's so... so... Sydney! Ah, the angst! I love it!
Hand Man 21 chapter 1 . 11/3/2005
ZOMG total coolness! Well written, and a cool idea. :D
Ellen Jacee chapter 1 . 10/5/2005
To the author:

I really loved this depiction... in school, we are supposed to analyze a character, and I chose Carton, because Carton makes sense. I think it is stupid how Darnay treats Carton, and sad that Lucie couldn't really care less about Carton, because Carton is one of the only intelligent people in this book.

Great job.

LoC
Nameless chapter 1 . 10/4/2005
Ah, that was cool. You're right - it is a bit OOC. I never really got the impression that either guy hated each other, more like Sydney was jealous/envious of Darnay and Darnay was confused about why Carton was so short with him.

But hey, it works.

These seem like pretty logical thoughts when you're about to die. Count regrets, reflect on life, decide to make your killers pissed off. Pretty Carton, I think. You may have wanted to add in Stryver, though - the two have had a long relationship and I think that may have at least meritted a sidenote. But it's not really important.

Anyway, what I'm trying to say is this: great vigenette.
the one you have corrupted chapter 1 . 7/28/2005
:-D I liked it a lot! So cute... lovely Carton fussing over Darnay. Makes me wonder what else you've written. *grin* Hehe, but no... good job. I really liked the part where Carton just leaves and Darnay follows him and asks him if he's a fool. Very very good.