Reviews for Why Meerkats Dig
Brainyxbat chapter 1 . 4/9/2015
I was smiling through this whole thing. XD I love Timon, and especially that flinchy Maxie. X3 Max was really in character. :D
MuggleCreator chapter 1 . 11/13/2012
Nice. Some faults like givin' long-winded tales to explain the simple things...
Ivyflight chapter 1 . 6/18/2012
This story was really good and some parts were even funny. Like this one for example:

"Couldn't we do something about it? Like so-and-so and what's-her-face?"

That was really funny.

Keep up the good work. I hope you continue making Lion King stories.
o0oDesdeomao0o chapter 1 . 9/17/2011
Hey there! Loved the story, I especially like the way you told it using Uncle Max and Timon as main characters.

Funny though- I've never heard of that bird before (but it's definitely not a Kakapo, they can't fly- they're just uber fat), and I'm from New Zealand. You sure you don't mean the Haast eagle? They're long dead, but used to carry off small moa (they were massive flightless birds, they're dead too). And they probably carried off sheep too, assuming they were around by the time we actually started farming sheep here...
Qille chapter 1 . 5/20/2011
Don't you just hate it when you ask one person a question and you get the answer, but you ask another person the same question and you get a lecture! Haha

This story was awesome. It's weird, its almost like I can actually HEAR the whole conversation. Sweet!

Great job. D
1Thunderfire chapter 1 . 7/16/2010
Very intriguing history lesson there, Uncle Max. And you've captured young Timon and Uncle Max perfectly.

I think the bird you're looking for is the Kakapo. And a reference from Homestar Runner! Woo!
Nate The Ape chapter 1 . 3/11/2007
Very, very nicely done, and CLEVERLY done story. I love internal mythology in animal-centered fics, but could never pull it off in a way that isn't garbage.

I laughed at Timon's questions, like "Did eagles eat grass?" and "The what did what?"

When Chimvi led the elephant army to fight the hyenas, I assume it must've been bulls and matriarch cows? The outcome reminds me of a segment of a nature show I watched recently, where a massive pride of lions actually TOOK OUT an adolescent elephant!

I've heard of those parrots in New Zealand before. They're called keas, and I've seen film of them using their beaks like pickaxes to widen the mouths of shearwater burrows, then drag out and eat the large chicks. I've also heard of both whitetail and red deer, especially stags, eating rodents, frogs, dead fish, and bird nestlings as a source of minerals and protein.

Actually, the lions never once seemed like an evil regime to me. :) As before, this tale has a refreshing and pleasing anchor in biology.
loonytunecrazy chapter 1 . 11/25/2006
Nice story I enjoyed it
Eclectic Me chapter 1 . 1/27/2006
That was great! I cracked up at your comentary bit at the end. I agree with you; the less cannon characters a story has, the less I like it. Great job on this story!

Kate

Timon was actualy smart.

good job

cats rule
thingspast chapter 1 . 5/7/2005
This is most excellent. Feels to me like a Just-So story actually, has an element of myth about it. A means of explaining evolution in a children's story... hm...

And it is just the sort of thing that Max would do!

Please can we have more vignettes like this?
Narfy chapter 1 . 5/6/2005
hey this was a cute story, I liked the "I said everyone ate grass" line that was funny. The story Max told was really cool. Well I hope to see more lion king stories from you in the future so keep up the good work and have fun writing. :)
Pichooi chapter 1 . 5/6/2005
Wow that was really good! It does work well having familiar characters to tell the story. Never have read a story quite like this I love how at the end the answer to his origional question is so short hee hee.

The history part sounds like an origional folk tale so good work :)
Ralli-Rah chapter 1 . 5/6/2005
Yay, Max! D ...*odd fascination with pessimistic, paranoid characters*

...*cough* Anywho, loved this. x3 Very spiff.

DIBSTHE1. I have NO clue who you are, but I'm a huge fan of WD. xD; Hence my name. *prods the -Rah part*