Reviews for Following the Footsteps of Destiny
everclueless chapter 7 . 6/10/2005
Wasn't that short; besides it's the quality not the quantity that matters. Your story is good quality :)
KnightandPrincessLover chapter 7 . 6/9/2005
great. write more!
Dark Qiviut chapter 7 . 6/9/2005
Hi again. Sorry for not reviewing earlier (too damn lazy).

It looks like we're seeing the talks between the Takaishis. I liked that little peaceful conversation.

I also enjoyed the conversation with Gennai and his counterparts (Jose, Ilya, Jackie, Hogan, & Benjamin). Yes, you got 'em right.

Nice work, Broken Angel. Keep it up!

P.S.: Thanks for your review. Yes, I agree with you on Ken. I admit, I see him as more of a darker character than what most people see. Only Ultra Sonikku, Higuichimon, SilvorMoon, & NetRaptor have shown us that side of him that is quite overlooked. That side is his constant guilt within himself. Throughout the show, he had lots of guilt and self-doubt; it was quite evident (from the "Genesis of Evil" episode to the party invitation to destroying the Control Spires on his own). That's possibly why he noticed the illusion of himself receiving all the blows from the estranged digimon out there.

Catch ya later!
Miricles-3 chapter 7 . 6/9/2005
*twitches* Stupid won't let me log-on. Anyways, loving it so far. Can't wait to find out what happened with Gennai and the others. Well, see ya at the next chapter. Now off to murder login button _ L8rz M-3
nunofyorbiz chapter 7 . 6/9/2005
Can't wait!
Cinful aka Miricles-3 chapter 6 . 6/5/2005
Awesome, cool to see Davis, hm, you might've already said this and i don't remember, but it seems Daichi doesn't know about the Digidestined, not THAT will be an interesting conflict. L8r, paitiently waiting on the next chapter. (HA, paitient, me, nah. lol)
Hanael Pi Myths chapter 6 . 6/3/2005
Great chapter! Davis seems to have matured (a little). It's nice that the kids all seem to have a good relationship with their parents. What breed of dog is Shadow, anyway? I was a bit confused when you started rattling off all those names, though. Whose cousin is Nobunari Kido? Taysuke and the rest of that group go to Dai's school, right? The pronouns made it a bit hard to follow. I do hope you introduce all the people you mentioned into the story at least once. I'm very interested in all of them. I'd also like to thank you for your regular updates. Your stories are the only ones I'm reading that are regularly updated. Now, I will give you the comma lesson. First off, NEVER capitalize anything but a name after a comma or any other punctuation in the middle of a sentence. Second, here are six more relatively simple rules that don't have many exceptions. I'm sure there is more than what I'm giving you, though, because the English language does that to you often. The one you already know is the "Quotation Rule." Separate dialogue from the rest of the sentence with a comma. Another easy one to remember is using a comma to separate two adjectives of equal rank. For example, "the big, gray cat." You would not use it in cases like the "old easy chair," because "easy" is considered part of the noun there. You also use commas to separate items in a list or series, such as "water, milk, juice, and soda." Commas are used to separate two independent clauses (complete sentences) joined by "and," "but," "or," "nor," "for," "yet," or "so" (i.e. I did my homework, and I walked the dog today). Be careful, though, because "I did my homework and walked the dog today" does not require a comma; there is only one complete sentence there, not two. Finally, commas are used in sentences with introductory elements, which is a word or phrase that comes before the subject in the sentence. There are exceptions to that rule, but I can't give you specific example; I only know that it's wrong when I see it. The last rule that I know concerns something called "interrupters." These are phrases or word that come in the middle of a sentence, often between the subject and the verb, and are extra information. The previous sentence just demonstrated that rule. The correct name for those is "appositive," and they come at the end of the sentence, too. They need a comma then, as well. To clarify "extra information," that is anything that can be removed from the sentence and leave it still grammatically correct with the same meaning as before. Well, that's it for the commas; I hope it was clear enough. Remember to be careful of "to," "too," and "two". "Two" is always and only used as a number; "too" describes excess (too much grammar, etc.) and is a synonym for "also" (I want that, too). "To" is used as a preposition (to the house, etc.), an adverb, and part of an infinitive (to play, to do, to be, etc). I know it's a lot to remember, but hopefully this will help. Oh, by the way, this is how you spell "meant." I also just realized that the rule for "cousin" that I mentioned earlier goes for "brother," "sister," "daughter," "son," etc., unless of course, you happen to be dealing with the Catholic Church. Isn't the English language fascinating (and confusing)?
nunofyorbiz chapter 6 . 6/2/2005
This is awesome! Gotta get to know everyone else though!
Moon Knight Apprentice chapter 3 . 6/2/2005
Good story you have going here, the first chapter really spells out a social structure in a group, which is really entertaining.

Going to go read the rest now.
Dorklotus chapter 6 . 6/1/2005
Who (or What) is Domu? wait, i'vbe reviewed. Dammit! now i'll never know. Curse your trickery. although i applaud you authorly abilities. Thankyou for the fic.
Dark Qiviut chapter 6 . 6/1/2005
Hi again.

I agree with you on Davis. I'm just as jaded when it comes to him as you are. I just like him too much.

Interesting here. We know who Davis is married to: *cough*Noriko*cough*.

I'm glad Davis lightened Daichi's load with comfort and guidance. *chuckles sinisterly* Apparently, he's encouraging him to be rebelious somehow.

Interesting here. Keep it up.

P.S.: Maybe you can have Daichi get back at Noriko somehow. I'm starting to completely hate her and I love to see Daichi scare the holy crap out of his mom. *smiles wickedly*
Cinful aka Miricles-3 chapter 5 . 5/28/2005
Cool, little drama. I'm kinda getting some ideas of where certain things are going, but I'll stay quiet for now. Btw, I've had a bad day, but thanks to reading this it put a smile on my face, tnx.
Hanael Pi Myths chapter 5 . 5/27/2005
Great chapter! Getting to know the characters is just as important as action, and I am definitely not complaining about the lack of the latter. The characters really are lovable. There does seem to be a trend of miscommunication and misinterpretation of intentions in your stories, though. That's not a bad thing; I just couldn't help but notice. I still haven't picked any favorites; it's getting hard to choose! On a grammar note, this is how one refers to one's family members when writing. When you are talking about them in the possessive, ("my mom"), the word is not capitalized, as demonstrated. However, when speaking to them or about them without the possesive, ("Where's Dad?"), the name must be captalized, because it's, well, a name. This goes for all family members, except for cousins ("How are you doing, cousin?"). You know, of course, that when you tack on a real name at the end, the words are also capitalized (Grandpa Smith, Uncle Bill, etc.) Another important thing to remember about all names is that, when used in dialogue, they must be separated from the rest of the speaker's sentence with a comma or commas, no matter where the name is ("Mom, may I go outside?", "Cut it out, Bobby!", "You know, Katie, that's a good point.", etc.) On a side note, you should also do this with interjections and try not to over- or underuse commas. You probably don't want details on the commas; I have a whole list of rules explaining when and when not to use them if you're interested, though. I realize I may be a little obsessive when it comes to grammar, but I hope I'm helping (and not being a nuisance).
Dark Qiviut chapter 5 . 5/25/2005
Hey again. I saw your review on "Zero 2: Housemates." Don't expect me to R&R his story till Ch. 18.

Once more, it was very nice work. We see the ties to who the children's parents are.

Now, i expect we're gonna see Daichi's. Let's hope things don't get too ugly...
Hanael Pi Myths chapter 4 . 5/20/2005
As usual, your stories are great, but the suspense is killing me! No pressure, though. If you don't mind, I'm going to give you a little grammar lesson that I hope will help. Like I said before, your main difficulty seems to be correctly using commonly confused words: "there, they're, their", "you're, your", "to, too", etc. One important thing to remember is that contractions such as "they're" and "you're" are combinations of two words, usually a pronoun and a verb, in those cases, "they are" and "you are". The apostrophe represents the missing letter(s). You use these when referring to people's actions. The words "their" and "your" are possessive; they are used when referring to something that belongs to someone (i.e. "your story"). Finally, "there" is a word that has several uses; it can be a pronoun, noun, adverb, adjective, or interjection. In that word's case and other's too, if necessary, I suggest you look it up on ; it's quick and a very helpful reminder. I think I have a hint that can help you with "too", though. The word "too" is used in two situations: when referring to an excess ("too much", "too fast", etc.) and as a synonym for "also". Since "too" describes an excess, you obviosly need an excess of O's. It also refers to more of something (i.e. "I'm coming, too!"), so you need more O's there, too. I have no idea if any of this will be useful at all, but I wanted to try memory tricks out. Sorry if I overdid it. By the way, I forgot to tell you when I reviewed "One World Away From Darkness", but this is the way you spell "embrace". Keep up the good work.
2,564 | « Prev Page 1 .. 160 167 168 169 170 171 Next »