Reviews for Following the Footsteps of Destiny
Miss Anonymous hp chapter 260 . 7/1/2014
What a great chapter! I loved hearing all of Ryoko's talking through how he figured out that it was his Spirit Chip (even though we all knew it already, of course). What's really starting to confuse me is that the Spirit Chip of Wisdom belongs to Takara, but she's not been showing much of that trait lately. In fact, at this point, I'd say that the Spirit Chip of Wisdom fits better for Ryoko or Mickey at this point, but maybe that's on purpose? Is Kara going to have to find her wisdom the hard way? I'm just curious, because Matty and Ryoko are always the observant ones, and Ryoko and Mickey are always saying the really wise things, so I'm just curious about where Kara fits into all of this.

What I really liked about this chapter was the setting. I already mentioned that I find the winter setting to be exciting, and you just really painted such a pretty world. I'm excited to see this ice cave and the tricks that will be played on their mind. I'm also excited for this journey. Will they be faced with hallucinations or tricks on the mind? That's what I'm expecting, and I'm really looking forward to that.

Great job! Keep up the good work! Cannot wait for you to update!
Hallwings chapter 260 . 7/1/2014
Why do I get the feeling that Ryoko is going to turn on everyone before he ends up getting his Spirit Chip?

And why do I also get the feeling that this saga is going to last just as long, if not longer, than the previous two sagas? (Dai's saga lasted 31 chapters, and Sam's lasted 32)

Anyways, I didn't expect Ogremon to be joining the group thsi time, but I guess one of the Guardians helping out makes sense, since Leomon helped out in the previous saga. I kind of expected Frigimon to help out since is he an ice digimon. Speaking of which, whatever happened to some of the other allies of Tai and Davis' teams, like Meramon (not Mina's, of course), Monzaemon, Sukamon and Chuumon, Digitamamon, Otamamon, Gekomon, and ShogunGekomon, among the many?

Oh, BTW, did you read my little post in the Forum concerning something that I hope will happen during this saga? If not, here it is again...

"Is there a chance during this Digital World arc that you'll include a scene involving Jun and Noah talking about Noah's frustrations in trying to ask Miya out on a date? I picked Jun because she's the only adult family member of Noah still in the Real World (there's no way in hell Nobunari is going to tell his sister about this, and I don't think he would go to Ken or Yolei before talking to his own parents), and she also kind of knows how her son feels (she had crushes on Matt and her future brother-in-law {BTW,How ARE you dealing with the whole Jim/Shuu/Shin issue?} before she finally found true love with Joe)."
AspiringWriterGirl chapter 66 . 6/11/2014
I've been working my way through this epic tale and reading it whenever I can, I thought I should leave a review and show my support, the story- it's amazing and I'm hooked. What I love is how realistic you make the children's lives (taking out the trash, football practice etc.) and you're doing a great job, keep it up :)
Aspiring :)
ROBOCOP9000 chapter 203 . 6/2/2014
do thiere parents find out and do thier other siblings become digidestined too
Seany Mac chapter 252 . 5/30/2014
I have a minor issue with this chapter, it's a small moment, but the reaction you imply Kari having to the mention of LadyDevimon is fear was really OOC for her because on the show even when she was 8 years old during the first adventure Kari had nothing but contempt for LadyDevimon and not even an ounce of fear. So yeah super minor, but just thought I'd comment on it in case it came up again. Enjoying the story otherwise though and am excited to see where you from here!
Seany Mac chapter 245 . 5/29/2014
It's not necessarily explained here and my memory of the canon is a little rusty, but does giving up her tail ring prevent Gatomon from digivolving to Angewomon?

Also, from a pure strategy perspective the only worthwhile DNA digivolutions are omnimon and imperialdramon (assuming Gatomon can still become Angewomon) since patamon and Gatomon can reach ultimate on their own and it's better to have two ultimates and two champions rather than just two ultimates. Plus, Shakkuomon is easily the worst digivolution in the adventure universe, seriously Angel Dinosaur Really lame statue digimon...(face palm).
Hallwings chapter 259 . 5/25/2014
It was alright, but I was a bit disappointed that there wasn't a brief scene of Ryoko and Ami before he left to go to the Digital World.

And speaking of Ami, I wonder if Davis is going to have a word with Ryoko while in the Digital World about his (Ryoko's) feelings towards both of his (Davis') kids. Yes, I said BOTH of them.

Oh, BTW, is this the first time Kara has worn a dress or skirt in this story?
Miss Anonymous hp chapter 259 . 5/25/2014
What a simple but really fun chapter to read! I really enjoyed this. Not a lot happened, just a lot of worrying from Ryoko's part, but at least we got to see inside of his head which explained how everything went down. It also sets him up for being the next digidestined to nearly fall from grace? That's what it seems like to me, though I must admit that I thought Ryoko was smarter than to fall for that! Hopefully, he won't be a big of a pain as Dai or Sam was, haha, but I'm starting to wonder if being near their spirit chips somehow puts them in a place of vulnerability? I mean, they are called Spirit Chips, so is it possible that proximity starts to open their heart open to being more easily attacked or something? Maybe I'm way off base here, but I'm starting to see a pattern, and I can't help but wonder what's causing it!

I really kinda wanted them to say whose spirit chip they were going after just so Matty could say something like, "Great! That means the rest of us can goof off!" and make me laugh. He certainly seems to be trying to be his usual cheerful self around people, so I was just expecting something like that from him. Maybe we'll see more of that in the Digital World... either that, or it'll be the opposite. Both Ryoko and Matty are in places of emotional vulnerability at the moment, and I wonder if both of those storylines will converge in this arc or if they'll just run parallel for a while. Ryoko's will finish at the end of this spirit chip arc, I assume, but it's up in the air if Matty's will last all the way until his or if there will be multiple layers to Matty's that keep building.

I loved reading about everybody's snowy outfits. It's interesting, and I don't know if you did it on purpose, but the way that Mickey wore his bright orange color way out in the open while Matty wore mostly gray with yellow accents... I just found it interesting. Was that on purpose or did you just think that those jackets looked better that way? Haha. I just noticed that and found that very interesting. I also noticed that because, I know you aren't reading it, but in my story The Lost Tamer, it's in the middle of winter (I think I told you this), and Kari is actually wearing a very similar jacket as the twins here, just in pink! So apparently we think alike, haha.

Okay, I think I rambled enough. I can't wait to see what comes next. Keep it up!
Seany Mac chapter 187 . 5/23/2014
So I'm currently in the process of reading through this grand epic of a story and there are so many things that I love about it that I feel the need to comment on. First and foremost as a generally OC-adverse reader I really have to congratulate for creating such a great cast of characters. I really mean it every single one of them feels so real and vivid, this includes the non-digidestined as well, you do an excellent job of making these characters both believable and worth caring about. (To single out a particular character that I've enjoyed I have to say DarkAngelicmon is easily the best antagonist I've ever read in digimon fanfiction as he is so much more layered and deep than most authors bother to make their antagonists. It also helps that he's an original villain not just Daemon, Dragomon, or Devimon rehashed.) I especially appreciate the great detail that you go into when introducing these different characters because it really helps me as a reader start to form a connection to them thus helping me to really feel the full weight of the plot. Speaking of which I also need to compliment you on how masterfully you've handled all of the story's big moments up til now. You truly had your work cut out for you when you set up the story with the new digidestined being unaware of their parents adventures meaning that there were going to be some incredibly important/delicate interactions and reveals that you were going to have to pull off. I can happily say that you've handled them all with aplomb. Each of these moments has had the exact right mix of humor, drama, and tragedy for the respective situations and characters. In particular the interaction between Sam and Ken over the reveal of the Emperor was truly some of the most heartbreaking fanfic work I have ever read, you truly made the moment as devastating as it should have been and that is deserving of high praise. Lastly, the thing I think I like best about this story, probably because it acts in complete opposition to one of my biggest pet peeves in fanfiction or writing in general, is the pacing of your story. I LOOOOOVE how slow the pace of the story is as you allow every single moment and plot point to have it's full impact without ever feeling the need to rush on to the next idea. It pains me to read stories with good ideas that are undermined by the author's own impatience in developing them to their fullest potential. In spite of the slow pace that you take with the story you truly do a remarkable job at making sure that it never seems to drag at any point. In fact, I think this links back to my first point about the incredible cast of characters you developed it really is just a joy to spend time with them in the world you've created which makes the slow pacing all the more effective and pleasant. I honestly can say that I am deeply envious and in awe of your skills as a writer as I could only dream of creating a story with this beautiful. You really have done a great job and I look forward to catching up and reading all future updates. Kudos on a truly awe-inspiring epic.
Watcher321 chapter 13 . 5/1/2014
Wow, this story is absoloutely amazing! :) and even though I'm only a few chapters into it, I need to add, THANK YOU for not putting any cuss words or other gross stuff in this story. You probably have an idea how hard it is to find a story not only worthwhile but clean as well. I'm not allowed and don't allow myself to read anything with bad influence in it.
Miss Anonymous hp chapter 258 . 4/29/2014
Great chapter! I don't know what you were so worried about. I actually liked that ending! Poor Noah, he keeps getting stopped from asking out Miya. Must be extremely frustrating, but I do wonder if Miya has come around to the idea of actually dating him yet. I seem to remember Miya finding the idea kind of funny a while back, but I don't remember if we've been shown that she's changed her mind or not. It would be awful if Noah finally got up the courage to ask her, and she just was like, "Oh... Oh, I never thought you'd actually ask... Noah, honey, you're just my friend." That'd be awful!

And, of course, Matty. Matty really stole this chapter. I just really loved his POV. It was just so heartbreaking and sad and perfect, though. The way that he described the way that the whole group has been closer than ever, but he's been pulling away... He's been alone in a crowd is how I've interpreted it, and that's just so sad! He needs a big hug. I also always saw Matty as smarter than he gives himself credit for, and the way he came to conclusion in this chapter was pretty great. Sure, it's a little slower than maybe Mickey has come to - I think, anyway. I actually don't recall if Mickey has come to the "they want to turn Matty" conclusion yet or not now that I think about it. It's been so long! A reread is definitely in order.

Either way, I really liked the way Matty came to that conclusion and the reaction he had. I thought it made perfect sense. I mean, who would want to admit that they think someone's trying to turn them evil? It can't be the easiest thing to say, especially when there's a part of you think that thinks it might very well be possible! So, I just loved that moment, and it must have really hurt for Matty to realize that he may be no better than DarkAngelicmon after all. Talk about a huge reality check of the worst kind.

One thing I definitely want eventually - A Matty and Matt talk. I'm not sure if I've mentioned this, but I feel like an uncle and nephew talk is in order, especially with TK and Kari keeping tight lipped about their own encounters with the darkness! But even then, only Ken and Matt really know what it's like for the darkness to turn them evil, and I feel like Matty would go to Matt before he'd go to Ken. So, I'm crossing my fingers for a talk between them at some point! I just think it'd be a great little moment if it works.

Lovely chapter! I cannot wait for you to update!
FlightfootKeyseeker chapter 258 . 4/29/2014
Judging by the location, the amount of focus on Ryoko, and that angel digimon are usually some of the last ones to digivolve, I'm gonna take an educated guess and say that this Spirit Chip is Ryoko's. It's either his or Matty's.
Kouji-wolf chapter 258 . 4/29/2014
*sigh* Of course you've left us in the dark about which Spirit Chip it is, though I have a guess based on previous chapters.

I do wonder if Matty is on to something with his thought that hurting Mickey might bring Matty closer to the Powers of Darkness. I suppose it wouldn't be Digimon if at least one Digidestined didn't fall to Darkness only to return to the Light stronger than they were before. Sam did that, but Matty seems to think that's DarkAngelicmon's plan for him. Hmm. I'll have to think about that.

Poor Ryoko. He seems to be thinking too hard about what Kenji and Tal said 4 weeks ago. Hopefully his recent behavior won't cause problems in the Digital World.

Matty's reasoning on why Dai was irritating Ryoko seemed spot on to me. Not that I think Ryoko could forget about Dai, of course.

It's nice to see that they've been staying in touch with the Prime Digidestined. I expected that they would but that doesn't mean you were going to make it happen. They actually have more contact than I thought they would.

Poor Noah. That was the 7th time he'd tried to ask Miya out and gotten interrupted in 4 weeks? It certainly seems like a curse but hopefully it will lift soon. :-)

Makku's certainly gotten to know Noah rather well in 4 weeks, considering they'd never hung out before according to Makku in chapter 224. How'd he manage that? Has Noah done the same or is he still learning how to read Makku? Makku seems like he'd be harder, to be honest, as he said he's in the Drama Club...

I did see a few mistakes; missing letters and such. At one point you forgot the h in his somewhere near the beginning, I think. Let me know if you want me to look harder for them.

Another excellent chapter. Can't wait for the next one! ;-)
Hallwings chapter 258 . 4/29/2014
Glad to FINALLY see the newest chapter up (and to see what day it is exactly)!

Is Seta ever going to let Mrs. Hanari in on the Digital World, or is he going to keep her in the dark?

Speaking of Seta, will he or any of the other Primes join the others in the Digital World on this trip since they already have experience Oop North (not THAT North), even though it's been over 30 years since they've been there?

Poor Nobunari. Are you EVER going to give him a break?

Anyways, I liked this chapter. Hope to see the next one soon.
Miss Anonymous hp chapter 257 . 3/22/2014
Great chapter! So, their master used DarkAngelicmon's data to make BlackGatomon digivolve... I feel like this is a huge clue as to DarkAngelicmon's role in all of this, but I can't quite grasp it. Does this mean that DarkAngelicmon is kinda like Calumon? A digimon that inspire digivolution? Or... is DarkAngelicmon's data just special in another way? And is this why DarkAngelicmon is still a champion while his companions are all higher level? Would that mean that Angelicmon's data could make DarkAngelicmon digivolve? Oh... I don't like that idea, haha. Just because of what that could mean in the future!

Speaking of Matty, though, I find it very interesting how everybody is thinking of him right now. It makes me wonder if either both Lucemon and DarkAngelicmon took him for granted or if Mickey's brilliant light kinda blinded them from Matty at first. DarkAngelicmon started out interested in Matty, but then his interest seemed to shift. Then, he seemed to go out of his way to avoid Matty, and now he's thinking about him a lot. It's an interesting shift. Did he come to a realization or did he always have that realization, hence the avoiding? And Lucemon... I might be remembering wrong (it might be time for another reread, oh boy), but I feel like he was also very much focused on Mickey to begin with, but now he's switched to Matty. It's just interesting! I wonder if what happened in the Dark World has anything to do with it...

Great chapter! I cannot wait for the next update, and for the next arc to START! So exciting!
2,569 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »