Reviews for Following the Footsteps of Destiny
RoyalKnightX chapter 292 . 1/17
For a chapter that is nominally just a lead-in, this had a good chunk of meat to it and advanced a couple of sub-plots at the same time. Which is good, of course.

All one POV but I think the chapter is clearly divided into two sections - the Mickey part and the Kara part. Mickey's was really sweet, I liked seeing Sam and Mickey alone and having their little friend moment. "Angry" Mickey is kinda scary for someone who isn't angry. Like Sam observed, when someone who is super warm and friendly at all times is anything less than that, it can be a bit jarring!

I also really liked that section for Sam's side of it, too. He hasn't gotten as much focus since his Spirit Chip arc so getting in his head is always fun, and he's on point with his Compassion game here. The brief tangent about Jayden was nice, too :)

The Kara part is mostly an exposition, but there's more there too, or I wouldn't call it the Kara part. Once again, the Kamiyas are blessed with Matt Ishida. She may be distanced from her family right now, but at least she's hanging close to someone!

And Dai isn't letting her isolate herself, either.

Everyone checking in with Tai about his fire fighting is a nice touch too, we don't often hear much about what's going on in the parents' working worlds. Often because it simply isn't relevant in the way events at school are, but still. Tai's most recent adventure has me wondering how everyone else's lives are at the moment - how is Izzy juggling this with his next big project at work? Does Joe have a patient he's especially worried about? etc, etc. Ever since the chapter where Tai and Matt's ages really started to show, I've been thinking about the effects of all this on the parents.

And to the question - well. Unless you really throw us a curve ball, I think we can say Kara!

P.S. Looking forward to Taniko on Mission Control.
RoyalKnightX chapter 291 . 11/14/2016
All caught up at last!

I'm liking the direction Kara's arc is going already. With Sam and Ryoko, they both had all kinds of negative emotions building up that needed to be released and, in a way, proved wrong. Sam needed to understand that Ken's actions as the Emperor don't reflect who he is today, and Ryoko needed to realize that Dai did not, in fact, hate him.

But Kara's different. Sure, she's unsure about Dai, but no one is beating around the bush to tell her exactly how Dai feels, and I think deep down she knows it too. But her real issue, like Megumi noted, is that she just plain cares too much. That's an interesting issue to have, because it's a lot harder to resolve. There's no easy realization to be had, and "caring less" can feel heartless - you can't just throttle your love for someone, or someones, that easily. So I'm curious to see how she's going to work through this!

This should be a good arc, and I'm looking forward to the rest!
Raising Heart chapter 291 . 9/29/2016
REALLY GODD :)
PLEASE UPDATE THE NEXT CHAPTER SOON !
KumoFuzei chapter 66 . 8/19/2016
It was a very sweet start again, too saccharine for me.
A nice little chapter for me to have a break on before reading this next arc. It's got a lot of promise and buildup so I hope it delivers.
KumoFuzei chapter 65 . 8/19/2016
This slice of life stuff is a nice break from all the action.
Matt's bit on adoption was good but it dragged a bit.
For a moment you had me going that she wasn't pregnant.
It was a little bit too sweet of a scene for me but nicely written.
KumoFuzei chapter 64 . 8/19/2016
Ami is such a Jun.
Ooh gathering everyone. I bet they find out soon. But will it be in enough time?
Aww Mimi is having a baby :3 I wonder how Ryoko will react though.
KumoFuzei chapter 63 . 8/19/2016
Back to the Villains.
Very spooky. DarkAngelicmon is shaping up to be a solid villain.
TK's introspection about his past with Matt was nice.
Strange how close they all keep coming to being caught.
KumoFuzei chapter 62 . 8/19/2016
I always enjoy Dai's POV.
Them taking stock of everything that happened was a nice interlude.
That moment at the end was quite sweet.
KumoFuzei chapter 61 . 8/18/2016
I think I'll only review a couple more or I'll be here until tomorrow, haha.
It was very talk heavy but the speech was solid and quite enjoyable to read.
I like the last line a lot.
KumoFuzei chapter 60 . 8/18/2016
The two twins are so cute together.
Centaurumon laying down that wisdom.
KumoFuzei chapter 59 . 8/18/2016
I like how they're challenging Dai's recklessness but I wonder if it'll work.
A nice little chapter again, mixing the slice of life with the action. I hope Mickey and Sam are okay.
KumoFuzei chapter 58 . 8/18/2016
Dai and Takara are getting all romantic. I wonder how Ryoko will react.
Do I see resolution in the Dai/Ryoko fight. I wonder if it'll last after TakaraxDai becomes a thing.
So Vampiramon is gone. For now.
Poor Mimi and Matt. I'm enjoying their long-running storyline.
KumoFuzei chapter 57 . 8/18/2016
Ibismon arrives on the scene finally.
A nice chapter but it's a shame you didn't have more fighting. It felt a little bit cut short.
KumoFuzei chapter 56 . 8/18/2016
Gabrielmon is clever, I expected a battle. Hopefully it works in their favour.
A bug type, just like Wormmon, haha.
Centaurumon is here, but why hasn't he done anything about the attacking Digimon?
DarkAngelicmon is mysterious as ever.
KumoFuzei chapter 55 . 8/18/2016
A nice chapter between the two. Having them all broken up really explores their individual relationships nicely.
2,864 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »