Reviews for Kasshin no Kokoro
kokoronagomu chapter 1 . 10/21/2013
very dramatic and profound. you detailed kaoru's suffering and anguish quite well.

hope you're doing good and things are going well for you. i was re-reading your story and since i haven't seen you around recently and i figured i would ask if you had seen seen the 'rk' movie yet? the live action rurouni kenshin movie (i thought it was great, it's one of the few anime to live action movies done right! ... if you plug in the following code in the youtube search engine you can see a few of the character preview trailers in one video:

yaLOPVAuJs4

and here is a youtube code for one of the main trailers:

90ubrsSxrKc

it had started to be released internationally and slowly in a few theaters in the u.s. they've already released the dvd and blue ray in japan... there are places to download and watch it on line if you can find them and i have seen them on sale at amazon.

oh yes, they're filming two more live action movies that will include the kyoto arc and maybe if they get as good a response from the next two movies i have hopes that they will film jinchuu! \o/ they've got the main characters reprising their roles and they've cast shishio, aoshi, soujiro and a few others. xD
enjoy!
ginny
kokoronagomu. deviantart. com
ټ
Great chapter 1 . 7/15/2013
So cute, and very much fluffy at the end. Anyway, of to read your other stories
Sailor Panda chapter 1 . 9/24/2010
Gorgeous story! I really enjoyed the way Kaoru went about education Yahiko. Nice job.
Perseverance chapter 1 . 5/8/2010
This is really a beautifully written story. I wish I came upon it sooner. There are so many things to learn and I am happy that Kaoru tried to find her way to heal before Kenshin helped her. This is really a wonderfully written story and I can see that you put a lot of thought into it. I think this story deserves a lot more reviews. But like my friend says, it's not the quantity that counts, it's the quality of it.
Taeniaea chapter 1 . 2/14/2009
great story
tcl7189 chapter 1 . 2/7/2009
Nice one!
Hiroen Nnir chapter 1 . 8/31/2008
oh wow! this was the longest one chapter I've ever read and I'm glad I did!

this was so developed and deep, deatiled and held true life meanings behind the words! it was amazing to read really!
skenshingumi chapter 1 . 8/30/2008
Once again I found your story thoughtful and well written. You do a good job of avoiding the clichés even if the premise has been done before. I liked the focus on Kaoru needing to face her feelings of letting her father and philosophy down, along with her fear of being unworthy of Kenshin and her friends. I also appreciate how well you keep the personalities in character. Kenshin, especially as Battousai is so often over the top. I appreciate the way you express that facet of a whole character.
JMai chapter 1 . 7/29/2008
That has got to be one of my favourites! I can't believe I've only stumbled across this story today.

I adore how you've characterised Kaoru, and how realistic the storyline actually is. When I say this, I mean how you've progressively had Kaoru recover from her ordeal and even though she recovered for the most part in the end, she still carries those scars (emotionally). Much more realistic than most stories I've read which makes her heal practically magically.

And by having Kao healing gradually, you've made her into a much stronger character than stories where she is a kick-ass fighter. Great job!
Jacal Ste. Worme chapter 1 . 11/7/2007
Wonderful story. Great job.
Mattie the Great chapter 1 . 9/2/2007
Lovely story, but I'd like to complain about your mish-mash of Japanese and English throughout the story. I understand the use of honorifics, names (like of a sword style or nick-name), and certain items that are usually only common in Japan, but the constant switching back and forth between languages (btw, your Japanese needs serious work) is annoying. Stick to one language please, for the sanity of Japanese Majors everywhere.

oh, and to answer your question to 'shihondai' or 'shihandai', it's largly a regional pronounciation differance, although it's traditionally spelled with the hirigana for 'ha' making it 'shihandai'. (It actaully comes from Cantonese 'Si-han' meaning 'older brother' or 'senior'. Surprise, surprise.)
MotokoUrashima chapter 1 . 5/30/2007
wow... that was... wow...deep? I define it as beyond definition... I'd pay to read it again, let's say that much
DragongirlCV chapter 1 . 1/18/2007
That had to have been the most beautiful story I have ever read that wasn't a published work!
piwqefjk chapter 1 . 1/14/2007
Gorgeous tale, really well told, and I love the ending xD
Avvy Byron chapter 1 . 6/23/2006
First off, great story, great characterizations, and I loved the Kaoru/Yahiko dynamic.

However, the translations after every paragraph were annoying, and sometimes incorrect. If you feel you NEED the words in the story, add a translation at the end of the story. And Shinobi does NOT mean a female ninja, it means ninja in general. A Kunoichi means a female ninja. Just something to be aware of, as it rather detracted from the story when I'd be completely distraught about Kaoru, then suddenly "(Assistant Master)" suddenly popped out at me.

Ciao!