Reviews for Same Time Next Year
J Luc Pitard chapter 1 . 3/5/2010
Well done. This could be placed in any time frame: in the years before, during the main storyline or even later in life.

One year I almost forgot my baby's homecoming day (separated from his birthday by 3 months of hospitalization and originally celebrated as a second birthday) and only remembered just in time to organize a quick family dinner. No one else noticed the slip up, but I was shocked at myself.
Lilly McFadden chapter 1 . 5/3/2007
It's so poignant. Beautifully written.
abi2006 chapter 1 . 10/26/2006
This is nice. Concise and yet it captures the moment's thoughts.
kokoronagomu chapter 1 . 8/29/2006
powerful... to say so much with so few words.

ginny
bubblygoo chapter 1 . 3/3/2006
Wow...That was great...

Just wondering something: How old are you? I'm twelve, and even though this ficlet is really sophisticated, even a simple minded person like me can understand it!
Warg chapter 1 . 12/23/2005
This is an awesome ficlet. -

100 words, centered, to focus on a single action, expression or sequence with the proper expression to them. Awesome. g2g try it out someday.

Thanx for the read and the inspiration. Bye
Banana Rum chapter 1 . 8/29/2005
I'm too ignorant of the plot-worthy events in Rurouni Kenshin to grasp the full meaning of this draabble, but I do, at least, have enough practice in writing to recognize that this is quite elegant, and a very good job in my book.
Terry-McElrath chapter 1 . 8/5/2005
Very nice! I must say, you do have a feel for 100-word ficlets. They are fiendishly difficult to write! I know, I've tried. Maybe someday I'll actually be successful. Thanks!
skenshingumi chapter 1 . 8/3/2005
I find this poignant but at the same time hopeful, although I am not sure that was intended. The hope is in the idea that Kenshin could even temporarily forget, and yet the weight of rememberance is truly staggering as his own history temporarily fells him. Still in his early wandering days, I doubt there would be any chance of forgeting. Somehow, I can see a campaonion piece to this where Kenshin maintains balance in the face of his past.
Mir chapter 1 . 5/27/2005
This is so lovely-a light dance around the crucial event, like snow falling from the sky but leaving the ground beneath the evergreen's sheltering branches bare.
SiriusFan13 chapter 1 . 5/18/2005
Very powerful. It took me two readings to get it (but that's because I just got off of work...) I love what you say without having to SAY it. How so much is implied.

Great job!

Sirius
Chibi Binasu-chan chapter 1 . 5/12/2005
Die Tomoe! Die, Die, DIE! DIE! DIE! D-*gasps* Oh. Uh. Ahem. *cheesy grin* Hi. Awesome 100-word drabble! Oh my gosh, that would be utterly impossible for me cuz I like writing long stories: short stories are just so hard. Very angsty and very Kenshin-like. I like when he falls to one knee; very dramatic. You rawk.

Chibi
keishiko chapter 1 . 5/8/2005
whoa. this was great. _ 100 words and you don't waste a single one. i especially like how you tiptoe around the actual, exact issue, leaving it to the reader to figure out, instead focusing on the emotions and a certain sense of urgency, somehow. after all, you need all the words you can get, right? . hope to see more of your stuff! .
omasuoniwabanshi chapter 1 . 5/7/2005
This was beautifully written. Writing 100 word essays are like writing haiku, each word must be chosen carefully to portray the author's intent while creating a clear word picture in the reader's mind. You succeeded admirably. The ending where Kenshin falls to one knee under the weight of the memory was perfect.

Yikes! Finding something to criticize constructively is a challenge because I loved this one so much. Hmm. I know! The only thing I'd change is I'd stick in another paragraph break in the first paragraph. Otherwise the essay/poem (because it really did read like a poem) looks a bit top-heavy. somce the other two paragraphs are 1 - 3 lines and the first paragraph is a solid block of 3.
Crystal Snowflakes chapter 1 . 5/6/2005