Reviews for Facing
precious831 chapter 1 . 8/12
Reread Facing over the weekend. Love this. Thank you so much for sharing a well written Constantine fic with John and Angela and completing it and keeping it up for others to read. So many John/Angela fics are started and abandoned and so many are out of character. Your story had so many cool twists and turns. Great job and after all these years I still found it enjoyable on the re-read.
Love this story. I remember reading it so long ago on Astral Light. My how time flies. Thank you for keeping it posted. There were just never enough John and Angela fics for me in the Constantine fandom and yours were some of the few very best
KK chapter 32 . 11/3/2016
I know you probably won't see this and probably haven't checked this site in years, but I really did enjoy this story. It is certainly one of the best, more skillful and character accurate fanfictions I have read and the only one that actually had an ending (and a very good ending at that) I love the chapters written of the murders because they sound so professional and you use astounding imagery to put the reader in the scene. I like how you gradually built up constantine and Angela's relationship and didn't just have crazy make out scenes page 1 for no reason, ha. I also liked the plot twist with angela as the host because I did not see it coming, yet when I reread the entire fix again, I see you weaved in many details and hints like a master! Plus the dialogue felt natural for the characters, it wasn't forced or out of character like many stories online today. And I know you're probably not reading any of this, sorry for being 10 yrs late with the review, I only saw the movie last year and it left me wanting more to the continuing story, you continued the story very well. I'd just like to commend you on your writing, thank you for a great read, and if this was your skill in 2005-6, I can only imagine how much better you are at writing now, it'd be famous level! I'm sad there is no sequel. (And I did read all your authors notes, they're great too, though that one quite a few chapters back confused me when I returned to the page a few months later, it was funny, I was like what? I don't remember this and you're like lol just kidding. Review over 10 stars out of 10.
christina.reeves.50746 chapter 4 . 2/9/2014
It fells so much like the movie to me, loving it. Again, great writing. Felt real.
christina.reeves.50746 chapter 2 . 2/9/2014
After this chapter i was hooked. I am just now reading fanfic for the first time and this is the tenth one i have tried, and you really know how to write. Nothing corny or out of character. Loving this story. Thanks for sharing!
Faeriessence chapter 32 . 11/4/2013
Wow. It was great! Sadly I was expecting some sort of explosive climatic end but the story pieced together quite well and it just felt complete with no unsettling feeling which is good because some writers just love to put a lil something in the end. You did a great job and it didn't feel like you were trying to reach out too far and attempt to make it work. It just did. But one thing I'm curious about is the 'killer'. I guess I wanna know what it really is and what it looks like.
I kind of expected fluff in the epilogue but I guess after 32 chapters I should have learned by now that that is not how our favorite sorcerer-slash-exorcist rolls.
Now, I shall pick up on those one-shots you wrote. ;P
Thank you for writing this fanfic. The fandom would never have been complete without your writing.
Faeriessence chapter 11 . 11/3/2013
Oh gosh, I feel like I'm spamming because I have already posted 2 comments for the past fours hours. (I went in as 'Anonymous') I just wanna say so far, this is my favorite chapter and perfect before I go to bed and continue in the morning coz its late. :P
But before that, kudos to you coz I am hooked and I sooo wanna know what is going on. I wanna draw this in some form of fanfic comicbook ( I love drawing whether ppl would say I'm good at it or not) because I see it as a solid story at this rate. Gosh, its beautiful and I'm not even bored when I read the little things because I wanna get into every detail.
Now about this particular scene, looking back and thinking about it, I realized just how well their relationship is for each other, knowing that the two of them, John and Angela have the same ability. I guess in this movieverse, not alot of people are like them, pretty much like in reality. It must be comforting to know you're not alone and to know how it feels for someone else. There's something quite profound about it.
Again, kudos man, kudos. I gotta fave this story, I cannot just go lazy and comment as Anonymous.
Anonymous chapter 6 . 11/3/2013
I loved the conversation at the end. Casual and it felt natural. Haha, and its pretty cute, not sure why, that Weiss tries to best Constantine. XP
Anonymous chapter 3 . 11/3/2013
Real late at finding this fic but heck, I was ten back when you wrote this. I am so happy at how it picked up right where the movie left. I am an absolute shipper of John and Angela and was hoping that the latter would also be in the fanfic. Thank you because so far, I love where this is going and their relationship just makes me wanna smile to myself.
bowlfullofcherries chapter 32 . 4/18/2011
loverly. truly. thanks for the read.
bowlfullofcherries chapter 26 . 4/18/2011
aw, yeah. poor unaware thing.
bowlfullofcherries chapter 23 . 4/18/2011
she was always near the crime scene? is that right? hm. gotta backtrack...
bowlfullofcherries chapter 22 . 4/18/2011
my theory doesn't quite pan out, as it stands. more clues, please! *love* mysteries, btw.
bowlfullofcherries chapter 19 . 4/18/2011
oh. she did it. i'd wondered when she'd woken with her clothes on. great set-up. didn't see it coming 'til it was on me.
bowlfullofcherries chapter 17 . 4/18/2011
pretty fatalistic, isn't he? but i do love my heroes dark and brooding. and he's kind of an anti-hero anyways, huh?