Reviews for Folly
Anubis85 chapter 1 . 7/8/2015
I discovered you via a review you had left on my story many moons ago... :D Now I'm back, and I'm curious!
*reads on*
luigi chapter 33 . 6/21/2014
Hello Akkon!
This is a magnificent piece of story telling! Love you Lara and Kurtis, they are so perfect in their imperfection. Thank you for your time, the lovely, convulted story line and for hooking me once again into the fandom!
Katie I love KTEB Flemming chapter 1 . 1/19/2010
as you know I have won many awards and even been in countless newspapers and even have a movie and book coming out all about me because well i love me and the world loves Katie Fleming, i know you and you KTEB friends are so jealous of me I just thought I who knows more about Lara Croft then anyone else. You know I sometimes have fantasy about her, that she is my girlfriend, I Katie Fleming is a Lesbo!
FlowersofTime chapter 1 . 7/31/2009
This story sucks more then monkey a s s!
Infinite Possibilites chapter 4 . 7/4/2009
I have to say that I am a little confused. Is this taking place after AoD with flashbacks or during it? Is Karel still alive and if so who is talking to him? Although I am a little confused, I like the story so far and it has good character development.
Akkon chapter 1 . 12/19/2008
Dear Sue/Stu/crapfic troll...

you have demonstrated by this...

crappy story

same old fantasy that no one cares about

waste of bandwidth

source of frustration for the REAL Avatar fans everywhere

source of rage for those who take the time and effort to think up good stories

fanfic that you are definitely one or more of the following...

an illiterate imbecile

a crappy writer

a disgusting pervert

a sex-deprived jerk

a multiple offender

a disgrace to all fanfic writers

a narcissist

a whiny git

being MSTed

being mocked

ignorant (and purposely so) of Avatarverse canon and the English language

your fanfic has caused this flame because of at least some of the following...

blatant disregard of the English language (spelling, grammar, syntax...)

disregard of the Avatarverse which the story is set

disregard of canon

use of jargon that doesn't suit the fic's setting

lack of formatting

lack of plot

unamusing and/or disgusting "humor"

clich├ęs

nauseating metaphors and comparisons

ridiculous sex scenes

blatantly obvious insertion of yourself into the Avatarverse

distortion of canon characters's personality (OOCness)

character bashing

masturbatory fantasies about Zuko, Sokka, or Aang (they would be ashamed of you)

disturbing events

use of serious issues (rape, torture, mental illness, death) as plot devices

gratuitous depiction of violence

So-called random ** that is supposed to be amusing but is in fact the opposite

So-called original characters which are actually poorly-disguised self-inserts

It contains one or more Mary Sues

Said Sue(s) have enough Sparklypoo powers to choke a grown man, or a army of Firebenders, for that matter

It is !OMG RANDOM!

It was written-in whole or in part-in script format

It contained netspeak

It contained dialogue between you and the show's characters

You have roughly a million AN's stuck throughout the fic

You posted reviews to it yourself.

You threatened not to post more chapters if you did not receive X amount of reviews

The plot sounds like it was contrived by a desperate for attention teenager with no life

It is a terribly executed crossover

It is completely and utterly indecipherable

All of this is so unbearable that...

I wanted to gouge my eyes out with a rusty spork after I read your story

I was left with the deep urge to vomit (preferably on you)

my cries of horror and indignation were heard halfway across town

the canon characters would probably kill themselves (or you) if they read this fic

you should never be allowed near a keyboard again

you need to be placed into isolation next to George W. Bush, who also sucks

all fans of the Avatar fandom are screaming and writhing in pain

DiMartino and Koneitzko will set their lawyers on you.

As penance, you must do the following...

take down this story at once, or expect more flames

watch The Teletubbies, Super Milk Chan, Bobobo-bo bo-bobo, and George W. Bush's speeches continuously for a week

apologise to your readers for your ignorance

smash up your keyboard and insert the pieces into any chosen orifice of your anatomy

Watch every episode of Avatar until you know them all by heart

give up all your worldly possessions and become a monk/nun

have your hands cut off so you may never besmirch the literary world with your garbage.

throw away your vibrator and stop masturbating to impure thoughts of Zuko and/or anyone else in the Avatarverse that you dream about.

In closing, I'd like to say...

The spacebar is your friend, as is the Enter Key. Use both.

Netspeak is a unacceptable form of writing. Netspeak is Netspeak and should not be used for anything else.

Format your story properly. use the Enter key when neccessary. Don't smush your words together. And USE SPELL CHECK.

Don't post a fanfic before you've had it beta-read by someone who knows better than you

Keep your fantasies about Zuko or Sokka or Aang or any other AtLA character to yourself

Aang's siblings (if he ever had any) are dead. Aang doesn't know his parents so he can't know your sue-sibling

Good fic has plot, tension and good writing. Your fic has none

you owe me a new computer screen because I vomited on it.

don't ever reproduce. The last thing we need is more Suethors.

take your crap somewhere else (wait, don't. No one deserves to be terrorized by this)

Stop staring at the screencap of Zuko shirtless in the Agni Kai and pay attention to what you write.

No one cares about your fantasy. It belongs in your notebook, sketchbook, and/or personal diary/journal.

The plot of people getting sucked onto the Avatarverse is old **. It should be avoided at all costs.

There is only one Avatar. ONE. Only He/She may bend more than one element. Repeat after me. There is only ONE avatar.

There are only four elements to bend. No more. No less. Fire, Earth, Air, and Water. NOT Shadow, Light, Love, or some Sparklypoo **.

Zuko does not belong with any form of original character. He belongs with Katara or Toph or even Aang. Anyone that is a canon character!

Zuko is NOT a pansy who will slobber over any girl, nor is he a OMFG wangst kind of guy. Sokka isn't some stupid, meat-guzzling boy. Katara is not a PMS biotch, nor is she a nonexistent being that needs to be discarded when the Mary Sue makes her appearance. Iroh is much more than some tea-swilling old man. And Aang is NOT a ADHD kid who has had too much sugar. TOph is a cool character and should be respected as such. Don' rape the characters for your twisted purposes.

Fantasies are just that-fantasies. If you want to fantasize yourself in the Avatarverse-by all means, go ahead. It IS fun. However, keep it to yourself in your brain.

If Zuko saw how you treated him in this story he would set you on fire. Seriously. His character has been raped and twisted so many times into OOCness that even Ozai and Azula would feel bad for him.

The only people who review your story are your little sockpuppet Suethor friends. You are not taken seriously by anyone else. Keep your fantasies to your little cliques.

Go back to school, pay attention in English classes, and concentrate on your studies.

Learn from this list. It is designed to help you. Yes, it is brutal but the truth hurts.

And last but certainly not least...may Azula use you for target practice
bababoobo chapter 33 . 12/15/2008
bababooboo don't lik yu store, baba says kurtee dumb legand lara rox
Daisy745 chapter 33 . 11/22/2008
Hi I like your story.
The Real Karen chapter 1 . 11/16/2008
As much as I think being falsely embodied is actually pretty cool -because I'm worth it-, the previous review is utter crap. I do not think your story sucks, but I do think this reviewer is a coward.
KarenKTEB chapter 1 . 11/15/2008
This story sucks and you are banned from the forum!
trfanfrombeg chapter 28 . 9/9/2008
Sorry about jumping to a literal conclusion in my last review.

Good job on the new chap. You do a good job in writing thing in a very poetic way. Can't wait for the next update!
Covered Clouds chapter 27 . 8/20/2008
To be quite honest with you, I must confess I find my self on occasion having difficulty following your plot. But then again, it's been so long since I've found a work that more closely resembles Zatochnika than Rowling that perhaps I'm out of practice. (That is, of course, by no means a dig on Ms. Rowling.)

As such, 'Folly' has been a pleasure to read, and I look forward to your next installment. And by the way, the usage of your translation skills brings this piece to a whole other level. Very equivocal of you (in a good way).

Best,

-CC
trfanfrombeg chapter 27 . 8/15/2008
That was a really good story, and thank you for not killing Kurtis. I hate stories with unhappy endings. They seem kinda like cliffhangers. I love the goats! What a great place to end up after almost being killed and losing humanity all at the same time. Hee-hee!
public humiliation chapter 25 . 6/4/2008
Great. Really great :) Why don't you finish it ? I am waiting for more :D
Chirugal chapter 25 . 12/2/2007
O_O Kurtis!

I LOVE what you've done with the AoD mythology. I haven't really researched it much (I don't do research, which is my biggest weakness!) so I can only really understand the surface-level of what's going on here, but it's absolutely wonderful, very intricate. I always wondered where the Lux Veritatis got their powers and if they were even human at all, so it's great to see someone running with that idea.

Back a few chapters to before all the showdowny drama started: Lara cuffing Kurtis to a bed (and way back, Kurtis cuffing Lara!) definitely gets my seal of approval. XD In fact, speaking of Lara/Kurtis, they seem to have the most complex relationship in your ficverse than in any other I've read. The love/hate/trust/mistrust thing going on is so well-described, I'm in awe.

Also loved your interpretation of what was in the Serpent Rouge box - that part of the AoD plot seemed a little bit random and pointless to me, so to have Kurtis have a reason for hanging around the Cafe Metro is a nice touch.

You and Jordy are the queens of the AoD mythology, and I bow to you both! Now, I believe at this point, it's customary to grab a pointy stick and begin the poking ritual...

UPDATE! *pokety-pokety-poke*