Reviews for Viva La Wossname
ixaquasa chapter 1 . 1/6/2009
Night Watch happens to be one of my favourite Discworld books, and I love how you filled in the gaps Pratchett didn't explain after the ending.

Reg rising from the grave had me giggling; this line: "I’ve come through the other side of the darkness everyone fears and discovered all you have to do is not die!" had me laughing out loud.
kryan chapter 1 . 12/7/2007
That was brilliant! One of the best discworld fics I've read. Nightwatch is my favourite discworld book, and you really managed to capture the tone. Well done! Now, more please!
Jennifer Jolie chapter 1 . 9/10/2005
Really good job of tidying up where Night Watch left gaps! I liked your bit about Reg, the spirit was there though I think the words could have been a bit more... sombre? Flowery? But great feel to it, rather Terry-like prose.
arressayy chapter 1 . 7/19/2005
This fic is amazing - you had me hooked from the first sentence. I finished rereading Night Watch earlier today...And every time I read it, I regret not having found the book or the fandom until after The Glorious 25th of May. (Yes, I've read it several times already in the past few months.)

Your writing style is highly reminiscent of Pterry's own; I laughed when I read 'You get a stripe, y’see, and everyone looks at stripes. Can’t have you hidden away amongst the constabulary where just about anyone can go round ignoring you.' Everything about this fanfiction screams 'this is how Terry Pratchett would have written it.' Which, to me, PERPETUAL LOVE AND ADORATION FOR YOU.

So keep up the wonderful work. :)
Winter-Eyes chapter 1 . 6/8/2005
i can't tell you how much i loved this story. i've always been interested in how young Vimes reacted to the events of Night Watch, and this is exactly what PTerry should have written. i hope to see more of your work soon!
ray chapter 1 . 5/16/2005
that was a good read i liked only one typo that i spotted look forward to reading more
Lunar chapter 1 . 5/12/2005
A true pleasure to read!

A really great fic. There were some moments where I could really believe PTerry himself was writing it: 'It was a good look, almost indistinguishable from a full Corporal’s ‘I’ve already wasted too much time on you’.'

Brilliant.
LandUnderWave chapter 1 . 5/11/2005
Very good story. It's nice to see somthing about youg Sam. And it's getting to be the tome of year when we wear the lilac...
PrettyArbitrary chapter 1 . 5/9/2005
You are a god. I'm pretty sure that's the only way to sound this much like Terry Pratchett without being Terry Pratchett.

And I love Vetinari. :D
tonraq chapter 1 . 5/7/2005
Sque!

I just finished "Nightwatch", which was my first foray into Discworld, and when I saw this...well, I had to check it out!

It's really well written: I like Reg the Zombie; he's just as driven in death as in life!

Good job, it totally fits the tone of "Night Watch"