Reviews for Vice
Guest chapter 7 . 11/7/2014
please please please update this!
bridmatt chapter 7 . 5/28/2013
It's a bummer you seem to have fallen out of fandom(?)/fic writing in general(?) as this story is quite unique. It's a vampire story, but not. The nice thing about that is that you can play with some of the tropes of vampires and vampire fic while avoiding the excesses and still keeping the idea in canon to Naruto. Kishimoto hasn't written anything in his manga even vaguely resembling western ideas of vampires, fairies, or demons, but chakra-sucking monsters? Yes, definitely.

I also like the fact that the Sasuke and Naruto in this fic are (as of this chapter) well aware that Sasuke's desires are being artificially produced and not just jumping on the true love bandwagon. That is to say, the condition hasn't provided an automatic shortcut to the romance. Sasuke has had a sexual response to everyone he wanted to take chakra from including the nurse, Sakura, Neji, and now, Naruto. Naruto isn't "special" in that regard, he's just special because he has the best chakra since he caused the condition, but Sasuke has yet to make the leap from desiring Naruto's chakra to desiring Naruto himself, or believing that his desire for Naruto is linked to wanting the chakra. Additionally, Naruto hasn't wanted Sasuke at all, except for the moment when he was giving him his chakra.

In fics where a romance happens because of odd circumstances (the two characters get handcuffed together, there's an arranged marriage, etc.) I never end up feeling that great about either the story or the romance at the end. Usually the author will make it seem like the characters always wanted each other so the odd circumstances were just an excuse to get the ball rolling (in which case, the odd circumstances are wasted, despite the fact that the arranged marriage was supposed to be the plot...), or like the characters never would have gotten together if not for the odd circumstances. Like, if not for the love potion acting as a deus ex machina, these two never would have settled their differences. (Or should I say, the love potion acts as the deus ex machina to settle their differences for them, not that the characters themselves actually put in the work along the way to fix things between them.) Which is why I like the fact that Naruto and Sasuke have yet to fall into irrational lust. They are still rational and self-aware enough that they can talk about things and fall in love properly, and not exclusively because of circumstances.

If there was anything I'd criticize about this fic it's that it isn't clear where/how this falls along the Naruto timeline. It sounds like Team 7 showed up while Sasuke fought Killer Bee and it was Naruto to who healed Sasuke instead of Juugo. Which is fine, except where is Sai/Yamato? And what happened to Team Hawk? Why weren't they there when all this happened and why did they allow Naruto & co. to take Sasuke? And more importantly, why isn't Sasuke objecting to being back in the village (he was working with Akatsuki during this timeline and was at his absolute craziest, wasn't he?), and why isn't the village treating him like an enemy? No discussion of punishment for Sasuke whatsoever? If it's canon-based AU where Sasuke never left the village, Itachi is dead and gone somehow, and Akatsuki isn't much of a threat (yet), it would be helpful if that was clarified.

The other thing I'm kind of iffy about is how submissive Sasuke is acting. If the listed pairings weren't SasuNaruNaruSasu, I'd swear his behavior was simply because you were trying to uke-ify him. He isn't currently a wide-eyed baby who needs protection, but I could see the fic eventually getting there. There's already a h/c vibe because of Sasuke's illness and his depression that he may have to stay this way permanently. (The whole of Team 7, especially Naruto, is now in a forced position of having to "take care" of poor Sasuke - it's ostensibly so he doesn't hurt other people, but it's obvious they are all more worried for him than about the fact that he's dangerous. Naruto didn't care about Sasuke going somewhere alone with Neji and Sasuke himself had to remind Naruto and Saskura that he needed an escort home.) Add to that his submissive tendencies around not just Naruto, but some of the other characters as well. (He wanted Neji to fuck him, has been getting fucked in his dreams, and despite his disdain for Tsunade, he lost the staring match with her in this chapter and ended up looking away.)

So yeah, it really seems like the fic is whittling Sasuke down to turn him into a little bottom-boy. (It's a different move than Sasuke being Sasuke but still happening to prefer the bottom position. In one case, his personality doesn't have anything to do with his sexual preference, in the other, it does.) So now that Naruto has noticed that Sasuke is acting submissively, I'd like an explanation for why that is (aren't vampires always supposed to be aggressors since they are predators?), which hopefully would lead Sasuke into fighting against his condition more (so he doesn't turn into some whining little uke quick to roll onto his back for anyone willing to give him chakra).

And finally, there's also the unaddressed problem of Naruto and Sasuke's sexualities in general. Is it normal for either of them to desire men, or has this condition created a "gay for you" loophole?

Ah well, good luck with whatever it is that you're doing now, whether that's writing fic for another fandom or not writing at all. :)
3dumplings3 chapter 7 . 10/22/2012
hot story. nice story. Interesting premise. I always thought psuedi- vampire!Sasuke/vampire-Uchiha fit well.

Interested what transpires next, Can't wait for following chapters,

Can I ask where in the timeline they are, however?
MelanisticLeopard chapter 7 . 3/22/2012
:) Yeah... I would've liked to get to the sex X'D I like this :)

BUT! It's been like 7 years!

I think this is way better than a crack fic!

You write really well! & you do so have a plot!
Wraith chapter 7 . 2/12/2012
Love it, update?
kitsuneluvuh chapter 7 . 6/20/2011
This is actually a good fic. I'm not sure why you're calling it crack. It would be nice if you'd update, though.
Reginleifthevalkyrie chapter 7 . 2/20/2010
God, I wish this continued. 'S one hell of a crack fic, that's for sure. The amber, and feeding being submissive, those are really nice touches.
Broken Sexed Up Bloody Kitten chapter 7 . 11/12/2009
Awesome. I want more of this, but I'm well aware you haven't updated almost in 4 years. *sigh* Have you given up?
kashii chapter 7 . 11/9/2009
This is a wonderful fanfic. Sasuke and Naruto are still in-character, and the vague Other inside Sasuke is written extremely well. Whether you class it as crack!fic or not, it's still brilliant. I only wish that there was more to read. It's definitely going onto my favourites and alerts lists.
3feetaway chapter 7 . 8/17/2009
O_0 wow ... chapter six was hot xD I like this story alot andi hope that you update it someday :)
LurkerReader chapter 7 . 12/28/2008
OMG!

Plz update!
daydream32 chapter 7 . 10/24/2008
I absolutley adore this story, you do their characters perfectly, it's just amazing! And this plot you have going is awsome best read in a long time,

Thank you so much writing it!

~Fayte
cazlove chapter 4 . 11/23/2007
I just have to say that I adore your writing style. It's so different and refreshing from the normal writer, and it's so... cryptic, if you will.

I love how it's not just the plain, out there storyline. It makes you think, and I'm in love with it. :3

I think I'm gonna have to go read everything you've written.

Ooh, now I'm excited.

You're an amazing writer. :*
yosei11 chapter 7 . 9/8/2007
again really good! i hope you continue!
kyuume chapter 7 . 7/19/2007
Hahaha I've been visiting for like 5 years and never joined and given one review X'D and out of all the fanfictions I've read. I had an impulse to send you this review saying. I totally love this story to pieces X'D and I think its amazingly written!

I think you should seriously consider carrying on with it!

But thats you choice : - )