Reviews for Restitution
The Archiver chapter 10 . 12/7/2013
Poor Dib, Poor Zim. They needed each other so much yet missed it. Dib really did die with Zim.
Maran Zelde chapter 10 . 9/24/2013
Since I've been on an IZ kick recently, I decided to reread this fanfic. It was great to read a few chapters a day as opposed to waiting months or even a year between chapters. Dib's characterization is top-notch: very IC yet with added depth and fresh insight as he gradually remembers his true past. I love his interactions with Zim and Zim's power over him, at least mentally.

In rereading the story I did notice a couple of flaws that I didn't catch the first time around. It seems like nit-picking to point them out, but I will in the interest of writing a balanced and hopefully helpful review.

For example, when I read this line in chapter 7, I found myself thinking, 'electricity doesn't work that way': "Using the projecting surface to push away from the contained energy column, the electricity was free to stretch out into space."

Don't get me wrong, that chapter was EPIC, but I found that line distracting.

Also, Dib's investigation into Membrane's experiments on him never really went anywhere. The only new information he learned was how Zim stole it, but he never learned exactly what his father did to him in the first place, nor did he confront him. I guess we have to assume Dib did do this eventually, but it would have been nice to include it in the epilogue.
Mark chapter 10 . 9/3/2013
What a wild ride!

I loved the details in this piece. The little things like calling it a "skool" and describing the characters' mannerisms that are in the show.

You are a very talented writer and I can't wait to read more of your material! Keep writing, keep writing, keep writing! I love to read, so that makes us a perfect match :)

Your loving Husband, and biggest fan!,
-Mark
Dragons redemption chapter 10 . 2/4/2013
deep, sad and just wow. irkens are fucked up. great story
Athena Keating-Thomas chapter 10 . 7/14/2012
Well, that was a wild ride, and a thoughtful one too. Thanks for writing and posting it! I'm going to have to check out your other stories, and the stories of your beta readers as well. Good authors are hard to find.
Athena Keating-Thomas chapter 9 . 7/14/2012
Awwww, poor Dib... That's really rough.

Also- another typo find while I remember it: 'The pain didn't gone away' should be 'The pain didn't go away'. :)

*runs off to read the last chapter*
Athena Keating-Thomas chapter 7 . 7/14/2012
I'm still really enjoying this fic! I did find a couple of minor typos, like 'Glass few everywhere'- I kinda think you meant to say 'flew'. ;)

Still, great concept and great writing.
Athena Keating-Thomas chapter 4 . 7/14/2012
*whittles*

I really like the concept behind this story, so I had to stick my head in and say so. Sometimes the flow of the words is interrupted slightly as I try to picture the detailed action as you carefully describe it, but it's not enough of an interruption that the fic itself isn't enjoyable.

Looking forward to seeing where it goes from here. *runs off to go read more*
SammiSeldowitz chapter 10 . 11/22/2011
Oh. My. God.

I just spent the better part of 2 hours reading this fanfiction. I was looking for some good IZ fanfictions without any mushy romance in it.. and then I found THIS. Exactly what I was looking for, and more.

You captured the characters perfectly. There's the perfect amount of drama and angst to make my heart pound in my chest even though I logically know it's just a story. You must have spent ages writing this, and it certainly shows. This is an amazing piece of writing.

I'm amazed by Zim's determination, and yet I can see exactly why he acted and felt the way he did. I feel his actions are completely in character, and this story is all the more realistic for it, despite it being about an alien.

I want to know exactly what Professor Membrane did to Dib, and why he did it. To hurt your own son like that... but of course, Dib's not his son. Canonically (at least according to interviews with Jhonen Vasquez), Dib is some sort of clone created by Professor Membrane. And that makes Membrane's actions in this story make more sense.

I love the way you worked in the reference to Bloody Gir. I recognized it the second I read it, because I've been fascinated by the image for a while now.

One thing that's weird about me is that my emotions are highly affected by things I read and watch. Very few stories get such a big reaction from me, though. My mind's working overtime; I'm thinking like the characters. I can't even describe how I feel right now. But I kinda like it.

And this is why I read.

Overall, this is a fantastic story and you're a very talented and skilled writer. I look forward to seeing your other stories. (Sorry if I came off kinda creepy here with all the praise. I'm not usually like this, but this is the first real IZ fanfiction I've read and it blew my expectations out of the water.)

Sammi Seldowitz
accallia chapter 10 . 10/16/2011
You write a scary story. Unconventional. Horrific. Splendid. Terrifying. The relationship between Dib and Zim, the truth of it. What wonderful work you've done here. And Dib's spiral in the last chapter, Zim's in the past. Incredible. Thanks for writing something so fantastic. Thanks for posting it, thanks for finishing it. It was grand.
The Depraved Machine chapter 9 . 7/12/2011
Alright this is review 105 so I doubt it will be read but I feel the need to write it nonetheless, this is a wonderful fanfiction, though I shouldn't be surprised since I found it via the tropes and idioms recommendations page, still I never expected to ever even find a fanfiction that had such believable dialogue, I can actually hear the characters saying the lines exactly like they're written without any conflict to their cannon dialogue and that is a rarity I have never before come across, I wasn't even sure it was possible, I always assumed that it was too difficult to make a serious and interesting plot while still staying true to the cannon script. Before reading this I would have said it couldn't be done without making the whole thing come out like a big overly cartoony mess, but this more than proves it can be done and with remarkable results. I only wish that more authors, fictional and otherwise, put this kind of thought into their writing. I commend you!
WhatTheSpoot chapter 2 . 6/4/2011
I totally agree about the "insert" key- that happens to me all the time.

You are a truly talented writer, both with your story, which (and this is rare for IZ fanfiction) doesn't appear to have been done twenty times already, and with your beautiful writing. Please keep it up.
sunsh1ne chapter 10 . 12/30/2010
...

Awesome.
TallestCora chapter 10 . 11/6/2010
Wow, this story was so awesome! I'm almost wishing for an epilogue to see how it turns out for him! It's so awesome! What a great job you did on this story, it was worth waiting for, and I'll be happy to read some more of your work when you get around to it!
me chapter 10 . 9/3/2010
come...plete? Really? But it's so perfect... And only oneshots? Aww... Your stories are amazing.