Reviews for The Wait
Hanks-a-lot chapter 1 . 8/31/2011
B.

It was touching that the Kents received her as family. It was even more charming when Ma Kent told her husband that Diana was has come HOME for a visit . They knew, didn’t they? He was the right hand and she was the left; the two who belonged together.

Question: this was written years ago. I understand that the whole Doomsday battle was a lead-in to Diana coming to the Kent farm and allowing you to show us the bond between Diana and the couple, but do you feel it should have been another story? To include it here was alright. I mean, there was a lot of background that DC Comics never touched and that was worth the read. But could that have been one story and “The Wait” would be the sequel? Here in 2011, how do you feel about that?

I would have liked to have seen more of the funeral of Ma & Pa Kent and the death of Clark. You paint a very charming meant-to-be-couple and I’d like to have seen the interplay between them in these events. I wanted to also see how his absence he got the guts in to finally invite Diana to the cave and spill out his heart.

Anyway, I really enjoy your writing and your depiction of Diana and Kal were great.

-HC
Hanks-a-lot chapter 1 . 8/31/2011
A.

I don’t know how far I can go with this review, so I’ll just label this “A” and get to entries “B” and “C” when I can.

Really enjoyed your painting of the opening environment. Your SCENE was SEEN very vividly in this readers mind. It was a great setting. Also liked the backward-glance narrative. You have shouted Kal’s care for her without outwardly stating it. Kal’s care was instead evidenced by the things he did (like setting up the stones for her as markings for the meeting place). Great writing.

I like your characterization of Diana as self-restrained adult— regal and mature. She’s nothing like the DC animation or the BM/WW fan fic depictions. You only give her a small window to show an undignified reaction (kicking furniture for not pursuing Kal) which makes her human. For my part, I thought it was funny, but it was close to bordering on the Diana depiction of those other versions. Since it was isolated, it worked okay.

I also enjoyed how she GREW into loving Kal. She was careful and deliberating, not given to a ridiculous instant school girl crush (as in the animation series). You have a good handle on the Amazon Princess and your respect for the character is evident. It would certainly infect the reader who knew nothing about her.

They were so attune to each other (the outfit she bought and he liked). And it was great to see them in a real life interaction, not an eternal sugar & spice relationship. His refusal to get upset during a disagreement infuriated her. This is a real person you are portraying.

-HC
Ratdogtwo chapter 1 . 6/21/2009
another great story
HELLACRE13 chapter 1 . 4/15/2009
Aww you do fluff well...But this is really good stuff. I loved it.
ImFanci chapter 1 . 4/15/2009
You know how much I love your work, Ron!
Dmik33 chapter 1 . 7/19/2007
Excellent, very emotional sharing how Diana has felt over the years, good that Supes realized he felt the same way
ghetto gurl94 lLane2 chapter 1 . 12/29/2005
u are the first person to write a Wwoman/Sman stori!no-author would listen to me thank u thank u thanku!please write more storees like this xcept make them about 40 years youngerluv it ! ghetto gurl94*lLane*
WonderCat chapter 1 . 7/30/2005
This is an extremely awesome story. Very very well written. I hope you will write more stories like this. My only criticism is to point out a few typos here and there, but other than that, very very awesome. Great job!
AddictedtoTsuzukiTatsumi chapter 1 . 5/23/2005
Wow! This was a great story :-) Thank you for sharing it with us!
sanfuqua chapter 1 . 5/22/2005
Awesome!Very well written. More please!
djb21212-Steeldramon21 chapter 1 . 5/9/2005
Damn... THAT was one the absolute BEST and semi-realistic Superman/Wonder Woman stories I've ever read. You have got some serious talent for these two. However, you should consider accepting anonymous reviews. It'd be a terrible waste if other people couldn't let you know how good this is. I know it cuts down on flames and all but this story is "unflameable".

100% "unflameable".

I'm glad to see a piece of this magnitude in the mist of all the Batman/Wonder Woman stuff I've been seeing lately. It's not only refreshing but sorely needed. I hope to see more from you eventually. C'ya!