Reviews for Resolutions
sighclops chapter 52 . 12/25/2012
First of all, I never leave reviews, but this fic has left me no choice. I know I'm six years behind, but five days ago I started reading and I've hardly put it down since. It was the first thing I woke up to and the last thing I read before I went to sleep. I've never read a fanfiction that was so well-written! You're original characters are so well thought-out, and the plot was brilliant. Never have I cried while reading a fic on here, but towards the end I found that's all I was doing. It took me five days to read this, but I'm pretty sure I could've finished sooner if I wasn't so emotionally attached to it! The whole Macen-handwave thing got me every. single. time. Oh my god when she waved at the ship with his body in it I literally just broke down. The Thrakill brothers were absolutely brilliant, and at some points I really just wanted to hit them and at others I really, really liked them. I'm so glad that Lirik was redeemed (somewhat) and that you could see past just killing off all of the bad guys. I was most worried when everyone turned to the darkside through Dane, but you pulled it off really well. When everyone was turning I was just like NO NO NO, but it went really well with the story and I can see how it helped Atton. Your depiction of Atton was perfect, because despite what some people think, you can't forget your past just like that. Dane was absolutely amazing, she was so likeable and so real. I wasn't sure how I felt about Revan at first, but your Revan really blended with my ideal Revan, because even through the quest for the Star Forge she can't just forget about who she was. She can't be the light and fluffy character that many people depict her as. She's hard, cold, and genius. You accomplished so much with each character, and I can't describe how much I appreciate it.
I've learned a lot of lessons from reading this, not only to stop half-assing every single thing I write, but to really think about what I'm doing and just keep going, no matter what. I also learned that you can't be afraid of antagonizing your characters. This is my favorite work that I have ever read on this site, and you have my gratitude and also my congratulations for not only finishing such a massive story, but for finishing it well, which is just as difficult. The ending suited the entire story and left me in a measly puddle of tears, but I loved every moment of reading this fic. I know you probably won't see this six years after the fact, but I still needed to write this review for my sake, to get everything off my chest. You are truly talented.
JamesK716 chapter 1 . 10/4/2012
I'm glad someone else loves Bao-Dur as much as i do :)
Electric Splatter chapter 52 . 5/2/2012
This story is six years old? I don't care! I'm still reviewing. I took the time time read all 50 chapters, so I have a lot of things I've been holding in. One, you're hilarious. Seriously, I laughed out loud countless time while reading this. What makes it embarrassing is that I'm in a room at a computer by myself so my family probably thinks I'm nuts. Two, you finally gave me the closure the KOTOR II game stole from me. I started reading this mostly because I'm an Exile/Atton fan, but I quickly grew to love the story and even the other couples. I cheered for Mission and Dustil, Mira and Lirick, and Carth and Arax just as much as Dane and Atton. You made me want to cheer for them. That's what I think makes this story so great; you made me care about the characters. Three, I love Dane. She's the best version of the Exile I've seen. I wish we could be best friends. Four, your ending PHENOMENAL. Endings make me nervous because I'm worried the author will have a brilliant story and then ending sucks. Yours was golden. It was happy, but it had the right amount of nonhappy to make it realistic. Five, I want to express just how much of an awesome author you are. I like talent. You've got as much talent as Revan had Force power. To put it simply, you rock. Six, I have no idea what to do with myself now that I don't have this to read in my spare time.

Electric Splatter
ScarletSecrets1234 chapter 51 . 2/20/2012
I loved this story! You are truly an amazing author with a fantastic imagination! I hope you will write more great stories like this one! Good luck with other future endeavors, and May the Force be with You :)
NotBob713 chapter 22 . 12/23/2010
I'd like to say that I'm bloody loving this, and I wish I had the patience to review more regularly, but I wanna read the next one so bad and blah blah blah.

Also, there's just too much for me to read it ALL in one sitting.

So I leave off here, at the 71st song.

I love this thing, and your characters are amazing, as is your rendition of the pre-exsisting ones!
NotBob713 chapter 21 . 12/23/2010
I couldn't go any longer without telling you how much I fucking love HK, and that I fucking love how you've portrayed him.

I'm reading this all nonstop, and I'm counting how many songs that've played so far. I'll give you the count at the end! D
AJRand chapter 52 . 11/18/2010
Holy crap. I read this story like a year ago, but I didn't have an account then so I couldn't add it to my favorites. I've literally spent all the time that has passed trying to find this story again. Today I came across it in another Author's Favorites, and am so excited.

-Ally
Abigail chapter 52 . 9/26/2010
Thank you for writing this story.
BBQ Platypus chapter 52 . 4/2/2009
I would like to include one little explanation to this positive review that I forgot to mention.

I feel the same way about this fic that I do about "Star Trek: Deep Space Nine." I thought DS9 was an excellent science fiction show when I watched it as a kid, and I still do. However, looking back on it now, it was NOT Star Trek. Thematically, it was far too different - Star Trek is an optimistic series about progress and exploration, not war and major story arcs.

Similarly, this was a terrific story, but as it went on, it felt less and less like Star Wars, until it barely resembled it at all. In the end, after all the horrifying things that all the characters had suffered through, the only thing that linked it to Star Wars were the characters (who were incredibly well-written and characterized). Not even the happy ending could change that.

KotOR II (which I loved) went about as far as a Star Wars property can get in terms of darkness and moral ambiguity without losing the inherent "Star-Warsiness." This story took those parts of KotOR II and turned them up even further. It explored and played around with the basic moral structure of Star Wars itself - even more than KotOR II did. However, in doing so, it sucked the optimistic Star Wars spirit out of it.

Now, I can't fault you for this - you did this for a reason, and you made it work. Never have I read a Star Wars fanfic in which the Dark Side had more ALLURE than in this one. You can actually see why someone would fall.

Also, while it isn't a Star Wars story, it IS a KotOR story. The question of exactly how far someone can fall and still be redeemed is a major theme of both games, and this story has it. Thus, although it doesn't fit with Star Wars, it fits in with Knights of the Old Republic. I didn't think that was possible, but then I read this story.

I hope that makes sense, and I've made clear what I mean. You're an excellent writer. After reading this, I just might actually write that epic Elder Scrolls fanfic I've been envisioning for over a year.

Cheers,

BBQ Platypus
BBQ Platypus chapter 51 . 4/2/2009
I have to say, this is one of the best fanfics I've ever read. The swearing was a tad bit jarring at times (course, I can understand why you'd be uncomfortable using "scrag," "spast," and "stang" all the time), but I got used to it pretty quickly.

There's little that hasn't already been said about this story, so I'll just say one thing that I don't think anyone else has mentioned yet - you write Jolee Bindo better than anyone else I've ever seen. That's all.
Manasvi chapter 1 . 11/18/2008
Hi,

I'd finished reading your wonderful, wonderful story a couple of weeks back and I sent a personal message to you (using the send message your Home page)

I'm not sure if you did receive it. I'm looking forward to hearing your views regarding it.
dan chapter 52 . 8/12/2008
Just wanted to say you've taken me on a roller coaster ride during this story and while i greatly appreciate i still have to say...DAMN YOU! Through the course of this epic i'm reminded why i played through the game again and why the series was so compelling in the first place. I not only applaud you for this amazing piece you've put together, but i appreciate the work you've put in to make one of the best stories i've seen on this website.

Thought-provoking, suspenseful, and just the right amount of fluff. I'm ending this review because its far too early in the morning and if i dont sleep now i never will, but digressing from that to thank you again for this wonderful piece of literature. I have yet to check your profile but hopefully you have a few stories to tie up the loose ends, although leaving loose ends for people to speculate over is half the fun of being an author isn't it :)
Elwin Ransom chapter 51 . 6/23/2008
Well, it took me forever, but I finally finished War and Peac-uh-this story! Normally, with a story that's been finished for such a long time, I would not bother to write a review, but this one is different. Despite the age of the story, I feel like I have to write something here to say how much I enjoyed it. So here it is:

I really enjoyed this story.

Absolutely top notch, all the way around. Despite it's impressive...size, I never felt like it was *too* long. And I was surprised, at the end of the story I was rather sad it was over. I think that's the best praise an author can get. Some things to mention:

-The OC characters were awesome, especially Lirik. I like OCs a lot, but most of them are so awful it's hard to fathom. However, yours were very, very good. And it actually helped a lot that you said the twins look like Cillian Murphy, a visual makes it easier to imagine the character. And besides, they seemed very Dr. Crane/Scarecrow-ish, so it was the perfect connection.

-HK was perfect. That's all.

-The only weak link, I thought, was Bastila. Actually, weak link is not a good way to describe it. She was good and played a good part, but she just seemed to me to be out of character a bit. It was a bummer she died, though.

-Oh, and the first person epilogue kinda...surprised me. It was good, but rather unexpected considering the previous eight billion words were in third person. :P

But, forget my nitpicking! I'm just jealous that I will not be able to achieve this kind of success. Just kidding! Maybe! But regardless of whatever I'm drolling on about, this was one of the best Kotor stories I've ever read. Thanks for writing it.
Cailus Griffin chapter 52 . 6/12/2008
WARNING: This will be quite long-thank heavens it's summer holidays. :D

Ya know, I've always liked Star Wars. Although I've grown up in an era when Pokemon was a fad, and kids everywhere were clamoring to see the stunning CGI graphics of Spiderman, some heavy shoving by a half dozen individuals and the fantastically woven tale of Harry Potter gave me a deep appreciation of literacy-and, on a larger scale, the magic of an epic story. There is no larger culture then the Star Wars universe, and from the very moment I saw Vader revealing himself to be little ole Annie in the howling wind of Bespin, I fell in love with that magic.

Now, before you start getting too uppity, yours isn't the only epic that I've read. Since watching the famed Star Wars hexology (yup, that's how you say it :)), I've revelled in the blood-soaked fields of Troy, watched as an ancient shaman tasted everlasting victory, and stood stunned at one young woman's genius addition to the story of J.K Rowling. The writer of the first died in the middle of writing, and his wife finished the novel in a labour of love. The second is on the verge of concluding her own epic, and dozens of people wait and hope for their Mail Alerts to come. The third is currently in camp (for the life of me, I'll never properly understand why she goes, she HATES it), but made a heart-felt promise to all of her readers to continue with yet another jaw-dropping twist to an already much-abused cast of characters.

The palate of choices that they could draw on from the ethos they were tapping into, the little things that would make their epics unique, are entirely different-after all, how can you compare Homer, writer of the Odyssey so many millennia ago, to a Japanese comic book writer? It boggles the mind-and yet, somehow, despite the monumental differences, the two stories equal each other-different, and yet equal. Truly magical.

The palate that you had, however, was effectively limitless. What began forty years ago in the mind of George Lucas has become the largest, most spectacular story in our history-and you drew on that massive work with expertise and ability that would (and, perhaps, one day will) render old Georgie speechless. Your story was truly unique, not hesitating to bring in every facet of the Star Wars universe, and that was one of the things that made it so incredible-I’ve just finished reading, to use that old saying, “the best of the best of the best.”

I’m not going to analyse the individual parts of your story. This partially due to my tiring fingers, partially due to me REALLY wanting a jam sandwich, and the distinct feeling that one of my friends is on the verge of murder. Suffice to say, while there were faults, it was astounding to see just how amazingly perfect your writing was-it rarely dipped, always maintaining a standard of excellence that felt supernatural. The curious thing, the thing that truly makes me smile, is how after a thousand pages of love, loss, war and peace, I could still relate each of those characters to the ones we both loved and hated while playing the KoTOR games. I can’t really think of a sentiment that can show just how much mastery it takes to keep hold of a character for a thousand pages, to change them and yet keep them the same. Unbelievable.

And that brings me to the end, since my dog and my mate just finished a fight for a pair of sandwiches. And, if I may, I’d like to provide a little reminder…something that truly had me in stitches. It hurt, but it was funny. Ridiculously, incredibly, unbelievably funny.

Before that, it’s been a pleasure reading this fantastic story. Thank you for an amazing, rare experience. :)

The emergence of HK-47 from the gloom—carbon-scored but practically radiating murderous glee—settled Dane’s mind.

“Good,” she said. “HK, guard over Revan. Let no one harm her, including herself.”

HK cocked his head—the android equivalent of raising an eyebrow in amusement. “Puzzled Statement: Is that a fact? Barely Contained Satisfaction: I’m afraid, Former Master Koren, that I am no longer beholden to you or any other meatbag. I have been liberated from my submissive protocols and am free to—”

Dane, with an impatient sigh, reactivated said protocols inside the droid with the Force. HK-47 froze in mid-word and his carbine slumped.

“Statement: Shit.”
Cailus Griffin chapter 2 . 6/11/2008
Just putting you on Favourites-I'll review...erm...

Eventually. :