Reviews for The Lotus Bloom
Tragic warrior chapter 8 . 2/21/2007
The true villain has been revealed. The moral of the chapter; never trust older people, especially when they scarred both physically and mentally. I'm glad to see the villain is an original character rather than using someone as Dementor or DNAmy as the mad scientist. I know Bonnie is under Vincent's control but she deserved what she got. Good chapter.
Tragic warrior chapter 7 . 2/21/2007
“Ahh, KP, do you have the feeling the Shego is going to make Mr. Barkin look like a sissy.” Ron mumbled. Nice line. Hopefully the true villain will be reveale so Ron and Kim can kick his/her ass. Good chapter.
Tragic warrior chapter 6 . 2/21/2007
It's time like these where revenge or any other bad thoughts must be put aside for the greater good of the world. I know what the Possible parents are doing is normal but after all Kim and Ron have done together they should be allowed to kiss and make out all they want. Good chapter.
Tragic warrior chapter 5 . 2/21/2007
Ron got the crap kicked out of him. I can understand my Kim and the Possibles were so upset, but he did what he had to do for the greater good. Poor Ron, he can never be free from Camp Wannaweep, it makes Ron want to weep at the sound of it. Good chapter.
Tragic warrior chapter 4 . 2/20/2007
Wow, things have definitely turned from bad to worse for Kim; not only is Ron a shell of his former self but he kissed Bonne. Hopefully true love will prevail; that or science will free Ron. Good chapter.
Tragic warrior chapter 3 . 2/20/2007
Poor Kim; betrayed once again by her boyfriend; at least this time is wasn't under the boyfriends free will. I wonder who is behind all this; I doubt Drakken would be resposible for this, at least not by himself. Good chapter.
Tragic warrior chapter 2 . 2/20/2007
Finally, Brick was smart enough to stand up to Bonnie. He seemed a bit too intelligent but that's just me. I would think that Ron would be faster than Kim, whether they were running or swimming, due to him always running away or dodging attacks. Good chapter.
Tragic warrior chapter 1 . 2/10/2007
Interesting first chapter. It seems like Ron and Kim are in for quite a fight.
beeftony chapter 1 . 12/12/2006
Hi, everyone. I recently joined the site. Check out my fics when I post them. I had some contact with the Captain over at and what follows is a copy of a review I posted on my blog there. Most of you are familiar with the story, but I have listed basic plot points to set up the context of my comments. Enjoy.

The Lotus Bloom is Captainkodak1's masterpiece. It takes place immediately after the events of So The Drama and is one of the finest works of fanfiction that I have ever read. And believe me, I've read a lot. I have a slight nitpick here and there, but overall the story is amazing; not even the show's writers could have done a better job. I list the nitpicks first so that I can end this review on a positive note.

Captainkodak1 does a great job in keeping with the overall tone of the series, and for the most part everybody seems in character. Everybody, that is, except Ron. To quote another reviewer, it's as though he's taken instant maturity pills. His trademark goofs show up so infrequently that they seem out of character, which just shouldn't happen. Also, the occasional spelling or punctuation error (seeing a period where a question mark is supposed to be gets annoying after a while) and some awkwardly worded dialogue gets in the way and slows down the reading process.

I also have some minor complaints about the plot. Warning: Spoilers lie within, so if you haven't read the story yet, do so and then read the review. While the story is believable on some level, it falls short in the realm of Gill's mind-control spit. Not that it's inconceivable that he could have this power, but the infrequency with which he uses it goes unexplained. If you're having trouble making Dr. Possible cooperate, why not zombify him? Because he would forget everything that would make him useful? Bonnie certainly remembers how much she hates Kim. Which brings up another point: why not just zombify Kim? To torment her? That makes sense to some degree, but what's with all the delay? And another thing: what does Count Olafinski have over Gill that keeps Gill from spitting on him and giving him orders? I know that he was behind Gill's escape, but Gill can't have that much respect for him. And where are the ninjas? If Sensei could tell that Kim and Ron were in trouble, couldn't he at least send Yori and Hirotaka to help them out? Devotion to fulfilling an ancient prophecy, I guess. Also, what's with all the bathing? There are five bath scenes, though admittedly they often do need one.

Now that the relatively minor nitpicks are out of the way, we can focus on the positives. This is a coming of age story for Kim and Ron, based heavily upon Ron's destiny as the keeper of the Lotus Blade. The premise behind the story is that Kim and Ron are destined to stand side by side, fighting evil as equals. The bond of the Bloom and the Blade, as it is called, allows them to have something of a hive-mind; to see what the other sees; to exist as two but fight as one. And believe me, it's awesome even to imagine it. As I mentioned in one of my earlier blogs, the song that fits perfectly here is Blood Brothers by Papa Roach, featured in Jet Li's The One during the final battle between Gabe Law and Yu Law. It's a great song, and the lyrics fit almost perfectly, especially the beginning verse. A bit too mature to ever be featured in a Disney movie, I know; but this is fanfiction; just about anything goes. I'm not going to reveal any more plot specifics; you'll have to read it yourself. But believe me when I say that you will not be disappointed. The Lotus Bloom is a true fanfiction epic, one for the ages.
ChaosRKBTY chapter 1 . 11/22/2006
I have read your story before now, the original illustrated version and only found this one now. I have to say this was an amazing story and I hope you will be making more.
CastaS chapter 9 . 10/27/2006
great story, i love it, excellent.
xthedarkone chapter 9 . 5/12/2006
Hey man me again I just wanted to tell you again that dude this is my favorite Fanfic when you get a chance could you check out mine I would really appritiate your view on them
xthedarkone chapter 1 . 5/11/2006
This is one of my favorite Fanfics I have read great job check out my K.P Fic curse of the Neo Monkey
KimonoDragon chapter 9 . 4/17/2006
I laughed and cried, cheered and angered. What can I say, I get emotional. This is one of the best stories I have read and I am sure your next will be good too.
Jezrianna2.0 chapter 9 . 4/1/2006
Sorry for the lateness of this review: I've really gotten behind on my reading. Well, you finally finished it! Congratulations! I think your writing has really benefitted from this project. This chapter was a nice wrap up to the threads of the plot, with no loose ends that I noticed. Good work.
222 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »