Reviews for Reading Material
CreatureofMidnight08 chapter 1 . 12/9/2016
Hi there, I have been reading fanfiction for years and I look up gargoyles fanfiction after I saw the episode of New Olympus. I then wonder if someone has done a fanfiction of Taurus and when I looked I saw your story. Only one word could describe how I felt as I took almost 12 hours to read: breath-taking. You writing is absolutely amazing, and I got so suck in the story I put a blanket over me to just block out the world and read. I love Raxhel and Calypso and the relationship that is slowly building from Taurus and Rachel is so antagonizing yet absolutely adorable. I was so captivated by the story that when I reached chapter ten I wonder when you publish this. When I saw the last update was 2006 I had to write to you and just beg for you to continue this story. Your writing I swear is the best I have ever seen and one of the few reasons I prefer fanfiction over hardcover books. I know it has been a while and you probably don't want to continue because you lost interest, but I am pleading for you to continue this story it is really, really, REALLY extraordinary.
SheWolfMedjai chapter 10 . 6/16/2015
Please continue!
!
SNeptune21 chapter 10 . 5/6/2012
Don't let this fic get away from you - it has definite potential to have a fantastic ending, if you can find it.

The premise is simple, but sometimes the more simple, the better. Simplicity just means you have more to build on, and more potential directions to take. For example: the relationship between Taurus and Rachel. Sure it's started as purely platonic, but is that all it can be? In the few moments when other fan fictions would descend into an "M" rating, you keep their interactions as purely innocent and WE'RE NOT ALLOWED TO KNOW THEIR INNERMOST THOUGHTS ON THE MATTER. This is an excellent way to keep the readers guessing as to what direction their relationship will take.

When readers are kept guessing, their interest is held. Don't let us down by not telling us what happens! We REALLY want to know more!
MonstarzGirl chapter 10 . 2/15/2012
I really like this story!

I hope this gets updated!

ZabuzasGirl chapter 1 . 1/4/2012
Nice job here.

Hey, I've also read that New Olympus story you were involved with a while back. Have you ever thought of doing a sequel of that saga and making a new one about what happens next. The story ended on a cliffhanger and I'm sure a lot of your readers were dying to know what happens next.

Another option could be to make alternate chapters about if she actually was pregnant. I mean the same chapters that were written down but just with her pregnant in them and giving birth at some point.

Think about it, these are good ideas. Please get back to me on this.
Deziecho-34 chapter 10 . 10/10/2011
oh my gosh! this story rocks i love it! please continue it! i would love to read more, just so you know you now have a crazy new fan please please please please please continue the story, it was excellent and very fluent and steady i thourouly enjoyed it!
dragongirl chapter 10 . 1/29/2011
Wow, that was quite a long story, just finished reading it, it took me quite a while to get down to the last chapter. It's too bad you never updated it again.

But back to my review, first of all, I can say that's one of the best gargoyles stories I've read so far. You portrayed Taurus very well in terms of his motivations and character. Also his history was very well explained. I also thought that Rachel was a very believable character. And it was interesting to see the two interact and comparing human and New Olympian cultures respectively.

At first I was a little bit irritated that Taurus had chosen to befriend Rachel, not because I didn't like Rachel as an original character, but because they are very different personality wise. I thought he would rather befriend someone

who was more like Elisa, someone who was more his type of character.

However, I realized that they actually had some interesting underlying similiarities in their histories as both of them were hunted by their pasts, which greatly affected them both. They were similiar in that aspect that they had problems to let go of their pasts and not let it affect them. Taurus, who was still very upset about his father's murder at the hand of Proteus, who appearantly hunted him and Rachel by the fact that she couldn't forget her troubled teenage years. And both were reminded about their pasts, Rachel by Rodney and Taurus by Proteus. Although Taurus was probably affected to a greater deal than Rachel by all of this.

However, by talking to each other they somehow seemed to have managed to let go of these things partially. An another similarity seemed to be, that both had cut themselves of from their family or the people they care about in one way or another, albeit for different reasons. Taurus just didn't seem to have much contact with his relatives after his parent's deaths and Rachel due to her past maybe partially but moreso because of the tragedies that have happened to her family. Rachel eventually reunited with her family when she went to visit her grandfather and met her other relatives, and Taurus also learnt from her how nice it could be to have a family.

They both seemed to have affected each other in many ways. An another similarity seemed to be their curiosity for their respective cultures.

I also liked the slight romantic undertones, I think a human/New Olympian couple would be interesting, kind of reminds me of Goliath and Elisa. It's too bad Weismann never got to produce his planed spinoffs, I would have really liked to see the intended romance between Sphinx and Terry Chung. Well, I don't know...where...you had planned to go with this story, but I wouldn't have minded seeing Taurus and Rachel become a couple and especially the reactions it would cause in both societies respectively.

So, all in all, I really liked their relationship, except one thing kept bugging me, that Taurus continued calling her Miss Wesley, while he settled for calling her Rachel more often at the start. He also referred to Elisa as Elisa and not Ms Maza. But like I said, this is just on minor point.

Although I really liked this part, I found the comparisms between New Olympian and human societies even more interesting that the characters itself. Especially interesting was how Taurus mindset of his own people was slowly changed. As he very disgusted at human behaviour due to seeing all the violence in American society, and stating there was little violence, not much of class differences and poverty on New Olympus. Only smaller squabbles. And than comes this dinner scene were violence breaks out among them just like it often happens among humens. Also the racism is evident in this part, where New Olympians of different races all start fighting amongst each other, much like humens of different nationality or colour.

Even better portrayed through the gargoyles, which are viewed with much hatred by all attending party members, in this part their hatred for the gargoyles kind of unites them. They refer to them as beasts, much like humens viewed them as beasts and shunned and hunted them for they appearance, they turn on others for their appearance and mannerisms in this scene. This shows very well, that they are not perfect, and are no glorious Gods as one them suggested. And it's very interesting to see Taurus realize that they might have much more in common with humens than they thought before, and that they can have the same violent tendencies like other people.

It's also interesting to see how Boreas realizes they have maybe more in common with humens that they thought, when he realizes their television programms are very much alike. I also liked the part were Taurus realizes that his city is also not perfect in many other aspects, that it is, why highly advanced in terms of technology very sterile and does not have the worm touch or comfortable feeling that the farm of Rachel's grandfather gives him.

Despite all of all this, my favourite scene was probably the conversation Hudson and Taurus had while playing, I believe Taurus realized a lot through Hudson, who thought him that people weren't black or white and that you had lots of shades of grey. And that what appeared to be good and right for one type of person might not be good and right for the other person.

And I loved the scene were Taurus completely owned Ekidna and confronted him with what he had learned through Hudson, that he shouldn't blame her just because he didn't stood on her white.

Anyway, great story. I really just wished you would have updated your story. This is probably the longest review I've ever written. Not because your story was so long, but because it was very complex. I hope that maybe you will update this someday.
00Pixie00 chapter 10 . 9/29/2009
Fantastic story. Absolutely love the characters.
shaliken chapter 10 . 9/22/2007
hello! just wanted you to know that i absolutely LOVE this story of yours and i am forever checking to see if its been updated. i know how life can be so i wont plead with you to update, but i cant wait til you do! keep up the amazing good work! i anxiously await the next chapter...good luck! _
Anonymous chapter 10 . 1/6/2007
This chapter was very well done. I am definitely looking forward to reading more.
Jonathon Oak chapter 10 . 1/5/2007
After reading the final chapter (interuppted only by minor inconviniences such as my sisters, school and having to eat and sleep) all I can really say is: Wow.

I think I remember watching a few Gargoyle cartoons when I was younger (around six or seven) but this is the first time I've come across New Olympus and Taurus, so it's a new experience for me. You cearly seem to know a lot about the world or else you've been wonderfully creative about it. That's great to see.

This is an excellent piece of writing, Margolo and I am practically fidgeting in my chair waiting for the next installment.

The funny thing was after reading this the writer's block that has been plaguing me for months now has strangely abated. I suppose it was reading something with minotaurs in that did it, so thanks a bunch.

Good luck with your finals and again, I'm looking foward to the next chapter.

Jonathon Oak
OneDayAtATime chapter 10 . 12/24/2006
Wow! I really had fun with that :D more!
R.M chapter 10 . 12/18/2006
A doozy of a chapter indeed. Long as it was, it was also a lot of fun, and the entire thing was handled well, from the comedy bits (loved it when Charlie would catch them in supposedly suspicious situations), to Taurus's awkward moments (all about the little girl). What I liked most was seeing Taurus being the most relaxed and lightened up he has ever been and now appreciating everything, including his friendship with Rachel, it was nice seeing them hug. Definitely gonna be looking forward to the new chapter.
Gryphinwyrm7 chapter 10 . 12/7/2006
Hey, this was a great new chapter. Long, but very well done. You said that you'd take requests so... I'd kind like to see Sphinx again, and maybe more on the NO Clan. Gargoyles #2 comes out December 13th (I hope, they've delayed it so many times I'm not holding my breath.)Merry Christmas
Aethelind chapter 9 . 10/1/2006
Yeah! Words can not describe my happiness.I loved this chapter and Rachel's Grandfather, he reminded me of my Grandpap. I look forward to the next half of the chapter!
48 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »