Reviews for Swimming Against the Flow
atdn chapter 15 . 5/25/2013
But there's no actual ending! More pretty pleaaaaseee?
Marge H. Odile chapter 15 . 5/28/2011
Hi,

I've just read your story completely in one day, and i really enjoyed it. It respects the characters, the tone, and the humour of the original show, which is something i appreciate. You've managed to build a logical, coherent and very surprising on your own, and you really got involved with everything ! Your strory, and the way you dealt with it and made it evolve, was very original : i found myself trapped into what you had written.

I'm french and very fond of the show, and i was really disappointed to see that none of Wonderfalls were written in french. I know the show might not be very famous, since there was only one season and many unknown actors (except for Lee Pace ), but i'd really like to open Wonderfalls to a frech-speaking public.

I'd like to translate your story, if you allow me to do so ! You can answer to me via private messages, or via my email (which is on my ff page).

I'd really appreciate if you let me translate your work, even though i know it's gonna be quite hard :). Thanks a lot for reading this anyway !
Kaylee Tam chapter 15 . 7/2/2009
I did like this story. Everyone was in-character, you have fantastic descriptions and I saw hardly any grammar or punctuation errors. (I think there were some, but it's hard to tell - when reading fanfiction, you kind of develop a blind eye to that so you can enjoy the story more.)

But it was a little confusing. For instance, I didn't understand what happened when Jaye wasn't hit by the truck. First it was about to hit her, then it didn't, then Sharon was by Jaye's car and there was a dent in the door. And Sharon didn't push Jaye out of harm's way because she's still standing.

Having the mind of a writer (and coming from the family I have) I always look for the underlying storyline in any piece of fiction I read. It's involuntary; I just subconsciously take stock of the story and predict where it's going. But for your story, I really couldn't get the hang of it. I don't know, something was just off. I'm not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing. And because I couldn't find the storyline, I couldn't tell where the ending was... so I felt unsatisfied at the end. I feel like your story hasn't been brought to a full conclusion. Did you do that on purpose, or is it just a fluke on my part?

On one hand, it IS midnight... on the other, I've stayed up past midnight all week.

Not entirely sure if I'm happy about your story or not,

Kaylee Tam
missjanesmith chapter 15 . 7/14/2008
Loved this, and you've got Sharon and Jaye down perfectly!

Ooh, but one little problem - when Sharon says “But not having sex with men is. And I haven’t. Not since high school." In one of the episodes (can't remember what one,) Beth asks Sharon if she'd ever slept with a man, and Sharon was all "Eww, no!". Little detail I know haha, but don't get me wrong, you're story is fantastic!
Miaka chapter 1 . 6/8/2008
HAH, this is wonderful! :D
Brooke Warner chapter 8 . 9/28/2007
WOW! It's a great version that I wholeheartedly think deserves to be the season premiere of season 2! Any chance of a sequel?
Stacey Verda chapter 2 . 9/24/2006
Just wanted to tell you that this is so fantastic so far. Your characterization is spot-on, especially with Jaye. When you get to the point where you can pretty much recite all the dialogue of the episodes word-for-word, it's beyond nice to have some good fic. So thanks for this.
the Dominatrix chapter 15 . 8/4/2006
I absolutely enjoyed reading your fic! You wrote the characters so well, this fic is almost like an episode of the show. Well done!
softly descending chapter 15 . 7/13/2006
THAT IS AWESOME!

I HEART YOUR STORY!

YAY!

Are you going to write a sequel?
da-super-dude chapter 13 . 7/7/2006
The plot is awesome. It's like one of the plots of the show. Just one thing: could you add some more Jaye/Eric? Also, you seem to speed through certain details. What happened to Jaye not being well? That was a little confusing. But is definitely one of the best Wonderfall fics. And it would be nice to know what is making Sharon sick, so please update quickly!
Sayra Louise chapter 13 . 7/2/2006
Lol. I like. I'd kinda forgotten about this fic but I've just reread it and I like. Not enough Eric though. *grin* S.
softly descending chapter 11 . 6/29/2006
More please.
softly descending chapter 10 . 6/29/2006
YAY! You updated!

SO totally awesome.

OKay, maybe I need to upgrade my vocabulary.

Anyhoo, going to go read the other chappie now. . . .
softly descending chapter 1 . 5/10/2006
Awesome!
BatteredChild chapter 9 . 4/12/2006
You have to update this fic. It's the longest one so far and I would like to read a finished one.

I'm really enjoying it and I hope you update soon.