Reviews for That Which Lingers
Swirly chapter 9 . 2/12/2005
Really no more? :( *sob*
Swirly chapter 4 . 2/11/2005
Really, really addictive story (speaking of which... it's way past my bedtime... anou...)! Looks like the rest will have to wait till tomorrow *sigh* :)
Guest chapter 9 . 12/23/2004
realy good plot and descriptions, keep updating, i wanna see the end of this story! -
whitehaizea chapter 9 . 12/21/2004
I'm not giving up on this fanfic!I started to read it 3 years ago and I'm still waiting for an udpate! Please, just tell as if you are contineuing with this fic or not.
DiscipleofFuzzy chapter 9 . 12/19/2004
ARGH!

NOT COOL!

This story is totally freaking awesome. I was addicted within the first few chapters.

I checked the last time you updated this, and that is where the exclamation in the beginning of this review came from. So, I would greatly appreciate it (read as: worship the ground you walked on, and do your every bidding) if you update. Soon. As in really soon. As in now, if you don't mind. :)
Ann chapter 9 . 9/28/2004
Please continue the story. Luv it very much
Hiro-tyre chapter 9 . 9/18/2004
I am shortly planning to utter great wails of great lamentation that you apparently have no intention of ever finishing this story. I suppose that I can hardly force you to do so, for if the numerous plees you have recieved in the last four years are as yet insufficient to get the motor going again, I doubt that another mediocre review swearing undying love for you and your keyboard will tip the scale.

Nevertheless, I, having found myself with some short period of time with which I have nothing to do, am going to waste your time regaling you with various praises, and, yes, criticisms of this fine work.

Where to start, hm... let me see. Ah! Characterizations!

They are marvellous, to say the least. All of the canon characters are spot on, attitudes, behavior, and dialogue alike. The consistency of your writing goes a long way towards believing that this story takes place barely after the Kyoto arc. Misao, in especial, I would like to compliment. You've written her exuberance precisely as it is in the manga, and I have no difficulty believing that her reactions to situations we don't see her in in the manga are consistent with her character. She's very excitable and enthusiastic, but you bring the seriousness and devotion of her character to light in exactly the right manner.

I do, however, have a small problem with Aoshi. Even from his opening meeting with Misao, I felt that your portrayal of his character was a little too open, especially in response to Misao. In part three, during the fight between them, it seemed to me that Aoshi shows rather more of his emotions than his character really allows. Considering that this story occurs very shortly after the Kyoto arc, I am not inclined to believe that Aoshi would shout "MISAO!" in mere surprise, nor do I think that he would flinch, stammer, or shake his head in response to her verbal attacks. I grant that he is rather surprised to be on the recieving end of her sword, but all in all, Aoshi never shows such response to any other stimulus in the manga or anime (although here I must beg for a little room for error; it's been some months since I last saw these), leaving me to blieve that his reactions to Misao here are a little overdone. The openess of his manner is more appropriate later in the story, as the relationship between the two develops, but the initial impression at the begining rather put me off.

To continue, Tokio is magnificent. I have not yet read your other stories revolving around her, so my opinion on her development is solely derived from the rading of this fic. She, in some ways, seems a little too perfect; she cooks perfectly, has perfect manners, is a competent doctor, can fight with the best of them, can somehow love Saitou, of all people, and never loses her temper or her cool. Regardless of all that, though, I realize that these 'faults' are essential to her character. As Kenshin and Misao remarked, Saitou really does need a buddha to put up with him. She's perfect for him. The relationship between the two is likewise perfect. Saitou still acts like Saitou around his wife; you do not fall into the rather dangerous trap of reducing him to a pile of muush at the bidding of his wife. It's very refreshing to see this sort romance done well.

Alas, I find myself having to sign off and leave you with this. In about two seconds, let me try to sum up what else I like about TWL:

'' and Holy Cow, I hope you understand all that.

Anyway, I don't really entertain any hope of seeing updates, ever, but it is really nice to fantasize about it.

You go on my favourites list.

Arigato,sumimasen, and Ja ne,

Hiro
Sam chapter 9 . 9/15/2004
Where is the next part ?
Masaki chapter 9 . 6/10/2004
Um, I'm curious...are you planning to finish this fic? Please finish it, it's been 24 parts of plot building up to a climax...then nothing. We readers would appreciate it if you would just tell us your plans for this story, and whether you plan on completing it.

Thank you.

...pleasepleaseplease complete it.
omnitoad chapter 5 . 4/2/2004
omnitoad chapter 4 . 3/27/2004
omnitoad chapter 3 . 3/27/2004
omnitoad chapter 2 . 3/27/2004
petite chapter 9 . 2/4/2004
*poke poke*... ma'am? are you still alive?
Charmed18 chapter 9 . 1/19/2004
Ok, if your not going to continue this story just leave a note! I'm going to wait until Feburary 24th then I'm taking yo off my favorites list! I wanna know what happens!
122 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 .. Last Next »