Reviews for The Sonic Anime: My Version!
TatlTails chapter 2 . 3/22/2012
Thank you. THANK YOU! Finally SOMEONE noticed Tails sounded like he had a cold and Sonic had an accent! He sonded Irish to me, and he also had a cold. The only thing I didn't like was your constant use of the "S" word. The rest was funny though.
Nintendo Revolution chapter 1 . 9/25/2005
Well, that was certainly an interesting fanfic. I liked it enough to add it to my favorite story list, though I do love the Sonic the Hedgehog anime shows. There were some very funny parts in this, and I liked the references to Sonic's other cartoon appearances, everything from Sonic Underground to Sonic X.

I actually prefer the Sonic anime shows to the American cartoons, because this movie seemed to compliment every Sonic the Hedgehog game, even Sonic Heroes, which was not released when this movie made its debut. Watching this movie, in my opinion, is like playing a tricked out Sonic fangame as a pro gamer, and most people enjoy it solely because of the action. Sonic X resembles a cross between the first cartoon, which is The Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog, and the other Japanese cartoon. But, well, it's me, of course I'm going to prefer Sonic's Japanese cartoon adventures to his Western cartoon adventures. I actually love the American shows as well.

The American Sonic the Hedgehog shows are actually good, although just from hearing about SatAM, you wouldn't think of it to be decent. I mean, if you only heard about it, it would sound like a Lord of the Rings parody! Of course, it apparently is, but considering that the SatAM is based on the original Sonic the Hedgehog comics, that were intentionally stupid, it's pretty well. Speaking of which, if you only read the description for this movie it wouldn't sound very well-written at all (you'll notice that the description clearly states that, Robotnik tells Sonic of an evil "Metal Robotnik" who damaged the Robot Generator). Perhaps the only thing I would change regarding this movie if I could is, Metal Robotnik's name.

Furthermore, there are some very humorous and daring bits of this fanfic, and as Phantom86 stated before me, I appreciate that someone wrote a fanfic based on the Sonic Anime. I encourage you to write a novelization of at least the first episode of Sonic X, if you're interested.

masternintendo gmail . com
Phantom86 chapter 1 . 5/10/2005
Well, at least SOMEONE did the Anime OAV version, finally. The new dialoge is a little wierd (just my opinion), but nice job nonetheless.

And, not that this matters, but did you know that during the trek through the area related to the games that they run into a Crawlton, not a Catakiller? Like I said, that doesn't really matter, I just felt like pointing it out...

Anyway, Metal next, right? Cool!
Nail Strafer chapter 1 . 5/10/2005
First of all, let me say thank you so much for doing a Sonic Movie fanfic! It's such an overlooked universe, and I wish more people would use it rather than stick to Sonic X, Sonic Adventure, and SatAM.

As for the humor, it was pretty much hit and miss. Some of it (like the booze jokes) made me roll my eyes. Tails laughing like he was on crack though was hilarious though, cause now that I think about it that is true. I'll never be able to look at that fox the same way again when he laughs in that movie...

I was kind of disappointed though when you didn't make a comment about the part when Tails' tails are stuck together from that glue stuff, and then like two seconds later they're unstuck even though Tails didn't do anything to get rid of the glue. I would love to see what you could do with that part.

I must comment though on you calling the place Planet Freedom. If you ask me, the Sonic Movie runs in an entirely different continuity from the games and the other cartoons, so the name could be Planet Freedom. Besides, in every other universe there's only been one floating island, and the Sonic Movie had many floating islands, even floating CONTINENTS.

I'm also sort of thinking that Planet Freedom is Earth in the future, and that's why they refer to the New York-esque place as "ancient relics". That must have been a city from the present day after it was abandoned many years ago or something. (However, in my fanfic series based on the movie, I call Earth and PF seperate places. I thought I could make a more interesting story that way).

While I don't approve of just taking the plotline of the movie and adding silly comments and stuff here and there, you're doing a better job of it than I expected. I'd love to see what you do with the fights with Metal Sonic.