Reviews for Flames
winstar chapter 1 . 3/29/2006
That was a wonderful play on words with everything. You're very talented, please continue shedding your brilliance on us all.
Sevilodorf chapter 1 . 7/2/2005
The seductive powers of the palantir combined with the loss of his wife are what I believe sent him over the edge. Denethor's "background" provides us with lots of possibilities for stories. You do a good job "analyzing" and portraying him.
Lilan chapter 1 . 5/23/2005
See how bad I am, first wanting a 'softer' Denethor, and then taking ages to reviewing!

I guess that the character you are showing is a bit not right in his head from the very beginning, but that stems from a painful childhood experience, and such thing can affect you severely (I have not learned to swim because my Dad accidentally dropped me into the water when he was trying to teach me; I was 3 at the time, and now am 26, but still can't swim. So I understand the poor Steward perfectly!).

And then, the palantir accomplishes something that started long before. Tragic. I loved the fic, especially your excellent use of repetition, of both words and structures. That worked amazingly.

Loved the poem, too. I agree with the reviewer who liked the way you end chapters.

Regards,

Lilan
Kaladelia Undomiel chapter 1 . 5/11/2005
I really like the fact that you end with a poem. And they always fit. This is really good. Does it ever mention in LotR that Denethor beats his son? I don't remember. It could've been implied. Anywho, keep up the awesome work.

Kalle
Phantasmal Abduction chapter 1 . 5/10/2005
oh my god, i wouldnt flame this for all the rings of power. that was awesome. i dont usually read lotr fics, but im really glad that i read this one. if you wanna check out my lotr fics (and maybe inspire me to write more lol) go to my profile. i will be looking for more of your work, as off to my favs list you go