Reviews for A Cup Full of Words
IHeartSam chapter 1 . 8/13/2013
Had a good old chuckle at this piece - was nice to see faramir in a more fun light for a change too
catwraith chapter 1 . 5/11/2005
Lotsa typos, but it's a good story.
TangerineBreeze chapter 1 . 5/11/2005
Lovely! You did a great job with keeping everybody in character and having the story flow as a result of, and not in spite of, who they are.

This challenge has been producing some very interesting results!
lindahoyland chapter 1 . 5/11/2005
An interesting insight as these two together are not often written about.
Nobodyknowsmenow chapter 1 . 5/11/2005
Nonce chapter 1 . 5/11/2005
What a wonderful delight! A happy Faramir tale, who'da thunk it?
Raksha The Demon chapter 1 . 5/11/2005
Funny and touching - I love stories where Faramir relaxes and cuts loose a bit; and this is written very convincingly.

But what was that bit where Faramir said "Ahh, he's taken", referring to Beregond's thinking about the King? Is there something you're trying to tell us, or was there something Faramir was trying to tell us? LOL...
Lilan chapter 1 . 5/11/2005
Hi Berzerkerprime,

I enjoyed your fic like few other things, honestly. I happen to like Beregond quite a bit, he is an interesting character, and the choice he was faced with in the book was not the easiest one. I loved the way you made him feel better here, a way very simple, ridiculous perhaps, but it worked! I agree with your note; I have always thought the Beregond/Faramir friendship unlikely, given what Tolkien said.

I am not sure if I am right here, but I somehow got an idea that a person for whom duty and law meant so much would not feel very comfortable with the King's judgement. Not that Beregond would have preferred himself executed, but any kind of reward must have been a big surprise for him. And he certainly did not expect Faramir express his gratitude, the social rift is really huge.

Therefore the whole situation you described looks very credible to me. And the way out suggested by the Hobbits was just what they needed, both men being very reserved due to their characters and their social standing.

The things about Mumakil were hilarious! The best one was clearly the hangover. Poor Beregond! I would really like to know how Faramir was after the night.

So - great thing. Funny, and refreshing, and serious at the same time. I loved every bit of it!

athelas63 chapter 1 . 5/11/2005
Ah, pleasing, as always. I love Faramir's wisdom and kindness, and Beregond's nervousness! You have it right - I'll bet little brother Faz could put the ale away - both to keep up with big bro and then the Rangers! Still waters run deep, eh? All in all, very nicely done. I saw a few grammatical errors - stuff the spell checker wouldn't catch, but that's all! Bravo!